In all of this. That was money well spent. She did absolutely nothing to help out the brand. I am a BB fan and love my z10. However, the marketing for all of this has been a disaster. Having her on board though didn't make any difference. No return on this investment.

Ask yourself what would have a great marketing campaign done for this brand? It could have made all the difference.

Two cents that I got from my 9 dll share.

Just kidding I don't own any shares!

Richard
    potatoguy and angad7.10 like this.
    09-26-13 04:00 PM
    Thor was starstruck when he hired her.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    potatoguy likes this.
    09-26-13 04:03 PM
    So here's an interesting headline from April 2013 [CNET]

Alicia Keys gives PowerPoint presentation to BlackBerry

BlackBerry marketing chief Frank Boulben reveals that the singer and company creative director is deeply engaged in BlackBerry's business. Did she sing as she presented?

And.......an excerpt from the article.

"BlackBerry Chief Marketing Officer Frank Boulben was in an Empire State of Mind as he gushed about Keys' contribution to BlackBerry's planning. Boulben said that it was Keys who initially approached BlackBerry with her deep interest in its technology. She has apparently attended five marketing meetings, and at one, has dazzled with her PowerPoint."

Maybe Fairfax can use some of her skills.

If it wasn't all so sad some of this stuff is hilarious (read: pathetic) to look back on.
    09-26-13 04:45 PM
    She has tweeted on IOS recently......maybe contract has been ended?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:53 PM
    If you follow her twitter feed she seems more focused on doing her tour and promoting reebok. Blackberry is just a badge she puts on as her tour promoter.
    09-26-13 04:53 PM
    Ill be watching her live in Jakarta and see if shes still repping the Berry.
    09-26-13 04:54 PM
    She has tweeted on IOS recently......maybe contract has been ended?

Posted via CB10
    She never stopped tweeting from iOS
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-26-13 04:57 PM

Ask yourself what would have a great marketing campaign done for this brand? It could have made all the difference.

Richard
    Nothing. At the end of the z10/Q10 are not great devices (good but not great).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-26-13 05:16 PM
    I'm aware she was on payroll with a title but celebrity endorsements can't be blamed for this. Remember U2 one the world's greatest bands being sponsored by BlackBerry during their world tour wasn't enough to halt a landslide of BlackBerry stock in 2009.

Posted via CB10
    shief24 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:03 PM
    I don't know we're is Alicia, but NSA should.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:10 PM
    I'm aware she was on payroll with a title but celebrity endorsements can't be blamed for this. Remember U2 one the world's greatest bands being sponsored by BlackBerry during their world tour wasn't enough to halt a landslide of BlackBerry stock in 2009.

Posted via CB10
    Everyones stock sank a tremendous amount during this period pretty much. BB sales we leading the way still that year even
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:19 PM
    Buy Z30 to get a free Z10 and ticket(s) of alicia keys concert. How's that sound to you? This is from Malaysia.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:23 PM
    For what it's worth, she was never hired for marketing the phones but as creative director. I am not defending it, but there were many posts a few months back detailing her position, and it really wasn't as a spokesperson. I still don't understand why BlackBerry did not go after all the high profile celebrities and athletes shown in these posts rocking BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:29 PM
    Imagine pop stars and singers being asked to achieve the sales which serious board room senior management team need to work at! Using celebrities will only help when you are looking for a particular group of audience or followers!

Posted using my Q10
    09-26-13 07:38 PM