Touring the modern and very nice mall in Waterloo today and I wander into a Best Buy Mobile store and can't even find a section that has a single BlackBerry accessory.

I approach a stunned sales person and ask where the BlackBerry items are? He grins and says "when we run out its difficult to get BlackBerry stock in". I asked where is the wall with empty space? He walks away... I said to the clown that BlackBerry built this mall and pretty much everything around it.

Mr Chen, please sort out your own back yard.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    04-26-14 04:34 PM
    And yet all the conspiracy theories would have everyone believe that BlackBerry's absence from stores is because of the American market.

It is sad. I hope the next devices release sooner rather than later.
    04-26-14 04:46 PM
    To me this is much more than a release of a new phone. Their next phone could be free and if they don't have a single accessory in the city where BlackBerry is manufactured then I believe we have a much bigger problem on our hands.

potatoguy likes this.
    04-26-14 04:55 PM
    its terrible that even in Waterloo BB is a miss.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 05:04 PM
    To me this is much more than a release of a new phone. Their next phone could be free and if they don't have a single accessory in the city where BlackBerry is manufactured then I believe we have a much bigger problem on our hands.

Were they out of cases and screen protectors too?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 05:26 PM
    Interesting. I know BlackBerry is barely in single digits in market share in the USA, but I thought in Canada they still had a decent chunk of the market.
    04-26-14 05:28 PM
    Canadian are not proud to support their own

? Slicing using my ?
    04-26-14 05:34 PM
    OK so OP checks on store in waterloo and everyone on CB thinks Canada is so bad, doesn't support cdn companies and there's no BlackBerrys in Canada.
    Lol you guys are funny. There's a ton of BlackBerrys around Canada (not enough but still a bunch) and there is still stores that have BB stuff as well just maybe not the one store OP checked lol

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:41 PM
    I have friends/family in Kitchener and Waterloo, so many of them don't use blackberry anymore. I asked why awhile back and they say, "I use bbm, that's enough support".
    04-26-14 05:44 PM
    OK so OP checks on store in waterloo and everyone on CB thinks Canada is so bad, doesn't support cdn companies and there's no BlackBerrys in Canada.
    Lol you guys are funny. There's a ton of BlackBerrys around Canada (not enough but still a bunch) and there is still stores that have BB stuff as well just maybe not the one store OP checked lol

Posted via CB10
    Still enough people using BlackBerry's here in Canada, but man it's hard to find accessories for them! Our local Walmart doesn't even have cases for the Q10, Z30. If you have a Z10 you can grab a otterbox and that's about it. The rest of the Isle is saturated with Iphone accessories, name it and its there.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    04-26-14 06:01 PM
    Canadian are not proud to support their own

? Slicing using my ?

There is a thing going down unda with "Aussie made", "Australian made", "Australian made and owned", "Designed in Australia", "Aussie grown", etc.

Even though BB hasn't got a huge market share here, my local Telstra store is selling BB10 phones, all of them (except the Q5, but Amaysim got it).

If it was Australian, we'd probably be all over it, just like in the barbecue song "It's a national institution, it's the Aussie thing to do... "
    04-26-14 06:12 PM
    Interesting. I know BlackBerry is barely in single digits in market share in the USA, but I thought in Canada they still had a decent chunk of the market.
    Nope. Sales in Canada have been awful, and the user base dropped by 25% last year....they're going to keep falling this year.
    04-26-14 06:24 PM
    I am in Medicine Hat, AB Canada...When you go to any telus store and Rogers. they don't even sell BB at the mall it is all Iphone and Android..But lucky fro me I found the only Z 30 left from a corporate store. They also had the flip case for it. Because I dropped my phone I went looking for a commuter case for it..Well out of luck.

I can say that BB is dead here for touch screen but not for qwerty yet. No one want to sell BB anymore
    04-26-14 06:24 PM
    Considering that as of now there are thirteen posts in this thread, I would say that the statement that "everyone on CB" says anything regarding the OP's report is a bit of a hyperbole, no?

Posted via CB10
    In your very own words, there are not enough BlackBerry devices around Canada, but still a "bunch." Also, when using the word "still" it is reasonable to understand that there is an implied statement that things have changed. Meaning BlackBerry and BlackBerry accessories are not as easily found as they once were. So in your very own words, there is tacit support of the OP's assessments.

Seems in your rush to discount the discussion in the thread you have added to the OP's original assessment of circumstances surrounding availability of BlackBerry devices and accessories in Waterloo.
    04-26-14 06:58 PM
    Considering that as of now there are thirteen posts in this thread, I would say that the statement that "everyone on CB" says anything regarding the OP's report is a bit of a hyperbole, no?

In your very own words, there are not enough BlackBerry devices around Canada, but still a "bunch." Also, when using the word "still" it is reasonable to understand that there is an implied statement that things have changed. Meaning BlackBerry and BlackBerry accessories are not as easily found as they once were. So in your very own words, there is tacit support of the OP's assessments.

Seems in your rush to discount the discussion in the thread you have added to the OP's original assessment of circumstances surrounding availability of BlackBerry devices and accessories in Waterloo.

Once again one store, one City doesn't represent all of Canada, are there stores lacking yes of course. Are there stores that have BlackBerry stuff, yes to that too. 13 posts on CB out of how many Canadians that are signed up on CB (I'm sure there's well over 1000) doesn't represent all of Canada.

I'm not sure what you want me to say!? Yes it's hard to find BlackBerry stuff at some stores and Cities. But in my opinion (which is about as good as yours) Canada is still BlackBerry home and we support them better than USA.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, shief24 and KemKev like this.
    04-26-14 07:05 PM
    Once again one store, one City doesn't represent all of Canada, are there stores lacking yes of course. Are there stores that have BlackBerry stuff, yes to that too. 13 posts on CB out of how many Canadians that are signed up on CB (I'm sure there's well over 1000) doesn't represent all of Canada.

I'm not sure what you want me to say!? Yes it's hard to find BlackBerry stuff at some stores and Cities. But in my opinion (which is about as good as yours) Canada is still BlackBerry home and we support them better than USA.

Posted via CB10
    I am Canadian and I am not so sure about this..

If we are more supporting than the USA why then there is none to be found in Medicine Hat, AB
    And I remember one telus store in a big mall in Calgary that had no BB 2 years ago. When i asked why not. I was told they don't sell. All that was there; IPhone and Android
    04-26-14 07:09 PM
    I am Canadian and I am not so sure about this
    Sure look even look at close to "home" with K-W using BES 10
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/16/ci...nd-blackberry/

Read this, another two major Canadian Companies sticking to BlackBerry
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...obility-s.html
    Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    No one said one store one city represents the whole of Canada. Closes to it is the OP's statement about Waterloo. And out of the millions of Crackberry readers, only thirteen had commented, rather than "everyone CB.". So let's allow discussion to continue without hyperbole? Additionally, I have offered no opinion of US/Canada support of BlackBerry, merely that contrary to conspiracy theories, BlackBerry's troubles are not simply a matter of US influence in the market.
    pantlesspenguin and MERCDROID like this.
    04-26-14 07:21 PM
    04-26-14 07:23 PM
    04-26-14 07:25 PM
    Sure look even look at close to "home" with K-W using BES 10
    City of Waterloo commits to BES10 and BlackBerry | MobileSyrup.com

Read this, another two major Canadian Companies sticking to BlackBerry
    Leading Organizations Invest in BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Solutions - Press Releases
    Posted via CB10
    enterprise side I don't know about it but what about consumer side???
    I am sure big company call BB and get their stuff directly from BB...what about consumer???
    04-26-14 07:30 PM
    I live in Kitchener, KW as we call it, and I can verify that a lot of people use BlackBerry. The city of Kitchener/Waterloo and Cambridge all the Managers use either the Z10 or Q10. BlackBerry is strong here just not with the 12 and 13 year olds

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, shief24 and acovey like this.
    04-26-14 07:32 PM
    enterprise side I don't know about it but what about consumer side???
    I am sure big company call BB and get their stuff directly from BB...what about consumer???
    Consumers were never that big on bb10 in Canada in the first place. I live in Toronto and i do see quite a few bb10 phones around but I'm positive that they're all given by work

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:34 PM
    Holy po o welcome to CB the site of doom and gloom lol, I show good reports everyone is quick to jump on and try to show bad things.

Everyone and their sister knows BlackBerry isn't doing well. They lost market share everywhere. 15% market share for Canada is still better than what the USA has, wasn't it well under 10%?

I in no way said CANADA was amazing sales etc for BlackBerry. All I pointed out as one store (the OP said) doesn't rep rest of CANADA. Sure there's other stores.
    Many store, but whole point was Canada still supports BlackBerry better than other countries support BlackBerry.

Also the title is about Waterloo and BlackBerry support. I showed the article where Waterloo (the business side and Government side) IS supporting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-26-14 07:37 PM
    Holy po o welcome to CB the site of doom and gloom lol, I show good reports everyone is quick to jump on and try to show bad things.

Everyone and their sister knows BlackBerry isn't doing well. They lost market share everywhere. 15% market share for Canada is still better than what the USA has, wasn't it well under 10%?

I in no way said CANADA was amazing sales etc for BlackBerry. All I pointed out as one store (the OP said) doesn't rep rest of CANADA. Sure there's other stores.
    Many store, but whole point was Canada still supports BlackBerry better than other countries support BlackBerry.

Also the title is about Waterloo and BlackBerry support. I showed the article where Waterloo (the business side and Government side) IS supporting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Doom or reality... Um isn't the total population of Canada 35 million?
    04-26-14 07:38 PM
119 123 ...