Now that BBM is doing well, it's time to leverage on its success ACT NOW!!! think BlackBerry should send free phones to our brave troops overseas so they can securely communicate with their family members back home over BBM.

Slogan:"For the brave men and women who protect our security overseas, from the men and women who protect our security here at home."

This will work really well in the US especially. If you like the idea then retweet my tweet on twitter.

http://twitter.com/MrMartis/status/394536213635268608

Let me know what you think and post your ideas of how they should leverage off BBM success.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:44 PM
    I don't think they'd do that since it would cost them millions. Maybe they could set up a deal though and get them cheaper phones. But anything that supports the troops is fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-27-13 02:49 PM
    It wouldn't cost millions, plus it would be worth it to do a good cause as well. Either way this campaign would be vastly more successful than the stupid super bowl ad and they spent 5 million on that. BBM would still work perfectly fine. It would also have voice chat.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mrmartis; 10-27-13 at 03:04 PM.
    10-27-13 02:53 PM
    I don't think they'd do that since it would cost them millions. Maybe they could set up a deal though and get them cheaper phones. But anything that supports the troops is fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    They're already sitting on 1 Billion dollar inventory, might as well use some of it for this, It could change the perception of BlackBerry in the US

2 DABs, a black Q10 and Red Z10(LE)
    10-27-13 02:55 PM
    Epic fail. They'd be accused, correctly, of using the troops in a marketing scheme.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 02:59 PM
    They already gave free phones for soldiers in the US trying to integrate back into civilian life as part of a Wounded Warriors type charity.

@BlackBerry4Biz: Today is the day for the @Marine_Marathon. Good luck everyone, and enjoy your run! cc: @SemperFiFund #MCM2013

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-27-13 03:01 PM
    Ranzabar I don't think it would be a fail, many companies do this type of stuff. It's not an evil thing I have friends who were overseas fighting and I would love to be able to talk to them and see if they are ok. They have to do it with good intentions at the end of the days it's the good cause they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:07 PM
    Epic fail. They'd be accused, correctly, of using the troops in a marketing scheme.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    This, as much as it's a good ploy
    It would be seen as low going after the brave efforts of the troops to help sales
    Now if they just donated them and not made an ad out of it and not big public event of it then it could be a thing of good will and hopefully word of mouth carries

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:24 PM
    I can see how it would do that, but yea just donate it as long as the troops get it it's good.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:41 PM
    Ranzabar I don't think it would be a fail, many companies do this type of stuff. It's not an evil thing I have friends who were overseas fighting and I would love to be able to talk to them and see if they are ok. They have to do it with good intentions at the end of the days it's the good cause they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    UH...YEAH..but they wouldn't be doing it primarily for good intentions, they'd be doing it for their own marketing benefit and if people did call them on it as some here are suggesting they would, then those people would be correct. Your original intent was not one of anonymous altruism either:

"it's time to leverage on its success ACT NOW!!!"

"This will work really well in the US especially"

"post your ideas of how they should leverage off BBM success."

Your suggestion and intent was clearly to use overseas troops as a marketing tool as leverage for BB sales.
    10-27-13 05:13 PM
    If there weren't like a million Z10s in the warehouse that Blackberry can't get rid of, it wouldn't look as suspect. If Apple donated their top of the line phone, they'd be seen as generous . It is what it is.
    10-28-13 08:04 PM
    BBRY is Canadian...

Posted via Z10 on CB...
    10-30-13 07:26 AM