I came across my Nokia E75 last night, rooting through drawers looking for something else. I first saw this "sideways slide-out" form factor in an unrecognized asian manufacturer's product back around 2006; when Nokia, which was my go-to brand for over a decade, launched the E75 around 2009 I was ecstatic.

Sliding Form factor & the mighty Nokia E75-00_01_nokia_e75.jpg

You could say the E75 was Nokia's last hurrah. The iPhone was on its way to world domination, Samsung was moblising it's massive capacity while Nokia was still thinking that Symbian might somehow still be competitive. As a piece of hardware it was well made and brilliantly conceived- but the tech was obsolete at launch. As a product it has little longevity.

On the other hand- think what the Priv would be like if it followed this "side slide out" form factor. Closed- pure touch screen, like any slabphone, or indeed the priv.

Open... think of that keyboard real estate... and you'd get a better balanced phone (no height concerns as you're extending the long side of the rectangle). And Open it would be more like...

... a BB Passport.

Just think about that...
    10-25-17 10:27 AM
    I usually see one or two people typing on their phones in landscape mode ... in a year.
    10-25-17 10:32 AM
    Shouldn't you post this in Nokia Blog somewhere, oh wait, their isn't, oh never mind. Thanks for trip down memory lane. Now I can go back to watching Saved By The Bell. LOL
    scufutz likes this.
    10-25-17 10:36 AM
    The thermal and battery efficiency shown by the SD625 leads me to believe that TCL could make a really good Priv 2 (minus the horrible name of course) if they so wanted. Regardless, I'm pretty confident that we've seen our last slider.
    10-25-17 10:54 AM
    Shouldn't you post this in Nokia Blog somewhere, oh wait, their isn't, oh never mind. Thanks for trip down memory lane. Now I can go back to watching Saved By The Bell. LOL
    Nokia E devices used BlackBerry services, didn't they?
    Qorax likes this.
    10-25-17 11:02 AM
    Nokia E devices used BlackBerry services, didn't they?
    You know you're making it harder and harder to be a smart @$$ on here with all your factually accurate knowledge based rebuttals.....

That being said, yes, I believe you are correct, since I had few non-BlackBerry devices on AT&T with BlackBerry Services.

It was the 00's and BlackBerry was King.
    10-25-17 12:03 PM
    You know you're making it harder and harder to be a smart @$$ on here with all your factually accurate knowledge based rebuttals.....

That being said, yes, I believe you are correct, since I had few non-BlackBerry devices on AT&T with BlackBerry Services.

It's what we do.

Nokia and BlackBerry seem to have a real love hate relationship with one another. Lawsuits one minute, partners the next.
    10-25-17 03:27 PM

Think of it as a challenge. Being a smart @$$ in the face of facts just makes a fellow work harder.

Mind you, given your avatar, you may be able to take some lessons from a certain politician in your government ...
    10-25-17 05:36 PM
    Think of it as a challenge. Being a smart @$$ in the face of facts just makes a fellow work harder.

Mind you, given your avatar, you may be able to take some lessons from a certain politician in your government ...
    Does that mean you're for or against the Northern border invasion? Chatter is we're looking to add 10 states like a corporate takeover.....LOL
    10-25-17 05:48 PM
    AGAINST! No desire here to be American!!!! Not freaking ever!! Incidentally, they're called "provinces".

The only saving grace is that if you did decide to invade I doubt you could find enough generals who knew where Canada was to mount an effective invasion.
    10-25-17 05:53 PM
    AGAINST! No desire here to be American!!!! Not freaking ever!! Incidentally, they're called "provinces".

The only saving grace is that if you did decide to invade I doubt you could find enough generals who knew where Canada was to mount an effective invasion.
    I know that... But 60 states has a better ring to it... Don't worry.... We're sending in the Eagle Scouts, they got compasses....
    10-25-17 06:08 PM
    I know that... But 60 states has a better ring to it... Don't worry.... We're sending in the Eagle Scouts, they got compasses....
    Yep, that be funny!

That wouldn't work for you - our area is crawling with bald eagles and the Eagle Scouts would get distracted ...

Make sure not to send any southern ones in the winter, they would freeze to death and it would be tragic.
    10-25-17 06:14 PM
    We've already got sleeper agents there. We've got Minnesota and Upstate New York as training grounds. Think of all the border traffic in the Windsor Tunnel. We've been planning this ever since NAFTA passed.....you can't get away with sending us all those Canadian Quarters and think you're going to get away with it.
    10-25-17 06:24 PM
    We've already got sleeper agents there. We've got Minnesota and Upstate New York as training grounds. Think of all the border traffic in the Windsor Tunnel. We've been planning this ever since NAFTA passed.....you can't get away with sending us all those Canadian Quarters and think you're going to get away with it.
    No doubt!

Part of what that's amusing is that the corporation I worked for used to have an operation in upstate New York - very close to the St. Lawrence river. I was told by co-workers that went down there to work that the locals got so tired of explaining, "no, I do NOT live in New York CITY" that many would actually tell other 'Mericans that they were Canadians!

Don't forget, we have been infiltrating our own sleeper agents too! Donald Sutherland (the actor), Niel Young (the singer), Howie Mandell (the comedian), some prominent journalists whose names I forget.

Plus which, we have a secret weapon that will keep our borders safe. At the first signs of border incursions we have remote-controlled loudspeakers that will pop up and start blaring NICKELBACK music.
    We are safe. Totally, completely!

Hehehehehehehehehehehe - gotcha!

Note that the Nickelback thing is actually borrowed from the Aussies. I read several years ago that a neighbourhood in one of their cities was being troubled by youth congregating in a park late at night and being disruptive. The city administration was considering mounting loudspeakers to play Barry Manilow music so that the youth wouldn't congregate in the park. True story - you can't make this stuff up.
    10-26-17 10:54 AM
    No doubt!

Part of what that's amusing is that the corporation I worked for used to have an operation in upstate New York - very close to the St. Lawrence river. I was told by co-workers that went down there to work that the locals got so tired of explaining, "no, I do NOT live in New York CITY" that many would actually tell other 'Mericans that they were Canadians!

Don't forget, we have been infiltrating our own sleeper agents too! Donald Sutherland (the actor), Niel Young (the singer), Howie Mandell (the comedian), some prominent journalists whose names I forget.

Plus which, we have a secret weapon that will keep our borders safe. At the first signs of border incursions we have remote-controlled loudspeakers that will pop up and start blaring NICKELBACK music.
    We are safe. Totally, completely!

Hehehehehehehehehehehe - gotcha!

Note that the Nickelback thing is actually borrowed from the Aussies. I read several years ago that a neighbourhood in one of their cities was being troubled by youth congregating in a park late at night and being disruptive. The city administration was considering mounting loudspeakers to play Barry Manilow music so that the youth wouldn't congregate in the park. True story - you can't make this stuff up.
    I believe you. On the southern border, the loudspeakers alternate between, La Bamba, Low Rider and various songs by Selena.....
    10-26-17 12:19 PM
    Ah, sigh. Nokia and Symbian. Wish they were still around. Those were good days.
    10-26-17 06:58 PM
    Wait! Upstate New York isn't part of Canada?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-17 03:56 PM
    Wait! Upstate New York isn't part of Canada?

Posted via CB10
    Depends who's side you're on and who you ask.......
    11-03-17 05:50 PM