I am posting this in the Z30 threads because this is the device in have.

I am in Detroit right now on business. I am staying at the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. Literally across the street is the river separating the US from Canada.
    I wake up this morning and look out the window of my hotel room and what do I see? The simplest marketing technique that has been around for a long time. A picture.

No fancy tag lines, no witty remarks, just a simple picture aimed at the demographic of the population in where it has been posted.
    Mind you, I am on the 50th floor if then office complex so "objects in picture are freaking huge than they appear to be" would be the disclaimer for this.

My suggestion, John if you are reading this, get a big picture and start putting it up too.

Simple Marketing-img_20140422_092712.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 08:53 AM
    Moved to Armchair CEO, that's where our Marketing suggestions go. And you should see Dallas, where several buildings have these giant Apple ads.
    04-22-14 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry needs to get the message out that
    1) OS is totally new on phones but tried and tested
    2) forget about all the things you hated with legacy devices
    3) show appealing features

I'm not sure how they can do this without words.
    04-22-14 09:15 AM
    I have been wondering about marketing since all these threads about BBs in TV shows and car racing have popped up. The targeting seems odd to me.
    04-22-14 09:27 AM
    I see something similar out my kitchen window in Toronto (not at the optimal viewing angle) but...

It's always an Apple ad: 8 stories high, at Church and Carlton in Toronto, so all southbound traffic on Church St. (not a MAJOR thoroughfare, but lots of high-rise buildings around) gets an eyefull... the building itself is deemed the ugliest building in Toronto for many years running (on the Pug Awards website, which apparently has decided to not offend anyone anymore by maintaining the "ugliest buildings in toronto ever" webpage any more). but yeah, it's ugly and I bet Apple pays only $8000 per month or less for the privilege (our building looked into it but it was felt that it would devalue our property and I agree).

I'd pee my pants with joy if I saw a Q20 poster in its place in a few months.

EDIT: Maybe CrackBerry could implement a EXIF-friendly image upload / storage app: the picture appears fine in my Web browser in portrait orientation, but the uploaded file probably has the orientation information stripped out. Oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Simple Marketing-img_20140423_114026.jpg  
    04-23-14 11:00 AM
    Marketing like this works best when it is part of a much larger marketing campaign

But this is really more targeted at consumer... so far BB10 is not consumer friendly, so it would be a waste. They have to find a way to target the "niches" where BB10 has appeal.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:42 PM
    Suggestion,
    I would invest some $$, not a lot, to have the Z10, Z30, and Q10 pictures scroll across at least one monstrous video screens in Time Square New York City.
    Just like the pictures that Apple has plastered all over the buildings, no fancy tag line, just a 5 second glimpse of the device. Doesnt seem like 5 seconds is enough, but just count to 5. Imagine how much visual goodness can be displayed in that amount of time.

A single 5-second ad, posted in New York City in the middle of Time Square, a few times a day during evening rush would do wonders for the company.
    But hey, what do I know. I only work in NYC and walk through Time Square every day I am there from the office to Port Authority to get my bus home.
    04-29-14 10:03 AM
    Suggestion,
    I would invest some $$, not a lot, to have the Z10, Z30, and Q10 pictures scroll across at least one monstrous video screens in Time Square New York City.
    Just like the pictures that Apple has plastered all over the buildings, no fancy tag line, just a 5 second glimpse of the device. Doesnt seem like 5 seconds is enough, but just count to 5. Imagine how much visual goodness can be displayed in that amount of time.

A single 5-second ad, posted in New York City in the middle of Time Square, a few times a day during evening rush would do wonders for the company.
    But hey, what do I know. I only work in NYC and walk through Time Square every day I am there from the office to Port Authority to get my bus home.
    They did that a year ago. And they had billboards at Penn station too

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:37 PM
    Then they know it can be done.
    They just need to continue to do it more.

Who is the correct person to tell at BB about this?
    05-01-14 12:55 PM