If BB were to acquire Twitter, it could help establish a new user base for BBM and give BBM Channels new life and focus. Obviously, money would be an issue but this could be the boost that BB needs to boost software start competing with other platforms like WhatsApp and WeChat.
    10-14-16 03:41 PM
    BlackBerry can't afford Twitter.
    10-14-16 03:46 PM
    Have you considered stand-up?

This deadpan one-liner made my day!
    10-14-16 03:51 PM
    If BB were to acquire Twitter, it could help establish a new user base for BBM and give BBM Channels new life and focus. Obviously, money would be an issue but this could be the boost that BB needs to boost software start competing with other platforms like WhatsApp and WeChat.
    Twitter has triple the market cap of BlackBerry.

Might as well ask them to acquire Apple.
    10-14-16 04:13 PM

I thought the OP was the deadpan.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    10-14-16 04:14 PM

That's my plan for when CrackBerry is no longer relevant.
    10-14-16 04:35 PM
    I will subscribe to your BBM channel.
    10-14-16 04:48 PM
    It would be a match made in heaven as both of them don't earn profits. lol
    Twitter Has Lost More Than $2 Billion in 10 Years
    10-15-16 01:06 AM
    I thought the OP was the deadpan.
    I don't believe OP's post had a comic intent.

It's another in a long series of proposals with a completely unrealistic idea involving BlackBerry spending money, or leveraging skills, that BB doesn't have; or involves other companies spending their money ... because the result it would benefit BlackBerry.
    10-15-16 05:16 AM
    I think the ball-cap would have to go... not sure it would go with the dead-panning ... just to prepare you...
    10-15-16 05:19 AM
    Do you have an idea how much the entire company has?
    10-15-16 05:41 AM
    Where are we on that haha button? =D

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-15-16 06:01 AM
    Do you have an idea how much the entire company has?
    Do you?
    10-15-16 07:09 AM
    Twitter has triple the market cap of BlackBerry.

And has never made a dime.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-15-16 09:29 AM
    Well you don't have to buy everyone. You can always work together.

It could be like how Facebook work together with instagram that all instagram postings can appear on Facebook as long as they are linked.

Perhaps all postings on BBM Channels can be on twitter and vice-versa. Perhaps Twitter can then use the buy now button that BBM Channels has. Then perhaps also link up with BBM's partnership with PayPal or BBM Money for purchasing too.

On the other hand BBM channels can take advantage of web searchable capability that Twitter has. I see this partnership as win win as it will put BBM channels in an advantage position over people like WeChat and it also helps #Twitter monetize

10-15-16 10:49 AM
    Well you don't have to buy everyone. You can always work together.

It could be like how Facebook work together with instagram that all instagram postings can appear on Facebook as long as they are linked.
    Facebook bought Instagram
    10-15-16 11:27 AM
    Do you?
    I did hear a figure somewhere not long ago in a chen interview. but not sure if that was what the entire company had lol.
    10-15-16 12:21 PM
    I did hear a figure somewhere not long ago in a chen interview. but not sure if that was what the entire company had lol.
    They have a little over $1B in net cash. Twitter's current market value is a little under $12B.

BB's market cap is about $4B. One could still imagine some merger scenario if one had a sufficiently vivid imagination, I suppose.

However, there are probably not enough foolish Twitter shareholders to agree to such a thing.
    10-15-16 12:36 PM
    They have a little over $1B in net cash. Twitter's current market value is a little under $12B.

BB's market cap is about $4B. One could still imagine some merger scenario if one had a sufficiently vivid imagination, I suppose.

However, there are probably not enough foolish Twitter shareholders to agree to such a thing.
    The fact that they are invested is a company that has never made money yet has such an outrageous valuation is foolish enough.

10-15-16 01:22 PM
    while BB is at it maybe they can acquire Tesla, Apple and MS too
    JeepBB, TGR1 and John Albert like this.
    10-15-16 01:26 PM
    The fact that they are invested is a company that has never made money yet has such an outrageous valuation is foolish enough.
    I'm one of those people.

I don't think the value is unreasonable at all. Revenue and gross profits are actually pretty healthy. They do spend a lot on R&D, of course.

There are questions/issues, no doubt, but I do think there is $12B in value there.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-16 01:52 PM
    I'm one of those people.

I don't the value is unreasonable at all. Revenue and gross profits are actually pretty healthy. They do spend a lot on R&D, of course.

I think there is $12B in value there.
    All these social apps with massive valuations and little to no profit or anything tangible are not sustainable. That bubble will burst sooner or later.

10-15-16 01:54 PM
    All these social apps with massive valuations and little to no profit or anything tangible are not sustainable. That bubble will burst sooner or later.
    I believe this is the bigger fool theory.

Like the children's party game of "pass the parcel", but in reverse, the trick with stocks is not to be left holding them when the music stops bubble bursts.
    10-15-16 01:59 PM
    I believe this is the bigger fool theory.

Like the children's party game of "pass the parcel", but in reverse, the trick with stocks is not to be left holding them when the music stops bubble bursts.
    Yes everyone knows the theory behind it. Thanks tips. And if you knew when that was going to happen you likely would be too wealthy to care about constantly being on CB forums.

10-15-16 02:03 PM
    Yes everyone knows the theory behind it. Thanks tips. And if you knew when that was going to happen you likely would be too wealthy to care about constantly being on CB forums.
    Some people are fabulously wealthy because of their talent for predicting stockmarket events.

I believe the implication of your post was to imply that when an over-valued stock collapses (assuming that Twitter, et all are over-valued), everyone loses... and that's simply untrue. The non-fools win, and often win big!

As for the "constantly being on CB forums" crack... with your 4,303 posts an' all ... have you heard the expression "the pot calling the kettle black" before?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    10-15-16 02:12 PM
84 123 ...