I'm so excited for the new BlackBerry Slider, but I'm wondering how they are going to promote it.

Does anybody else think BlackBerry should be investing a bit of money in product placement?

I think having the phone show up in films and TV would be a good way of getting it out there. I remember films like Scott Pilgrim vs The World that have loads of BlackBerry phones in them, with those classic message tones, and it just helps reinforce that these are devices people are still using.

The obvious candidate would be the new James Bond 007: SPECTRE film, with James Bond sporting a new BlackBerry.

We already know that sales of Bond's toys go through the roof, so I think it would be a good investment for BlackBerry.
    nt300 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    03-04-15 05:11 AM
    I always found it ridiculous to buy something because any person (probably a tennis player or any other simpleton) on TV or in a movie has this. What importance has this fact for me? Who am I? - More questions? - The best promotion is a strong and sophisticated product, a product that can convince the critics by it's features, features like stability and robustness, privacy and security, accu power, security, usability, speed, did I already mention: security.
    03-04-15 05:26 AM
    The obvious candidate would be the new James Bond 007: SPECTRE film, with James Bond sporting a new BlackBerry.

We already know that sales of Bond's toys go through the roof, so I think it would be a good investment for BlackBerry.
    Bond wouldn't be caught dead carrying a BlackBerry Leap.
    03-04-15 06:42 AM
    Lol! So true.
    03-04-15 08:12 AM
    I always found it ridiculous to buy something because any person (probably a tennis player or any other simpleton) on TV or in a movie has this. What importance has this fact for me? Who am I? - More questions? - The best promotion is a strong and sophisticated product, a product that can convince the critics by it's features, features like stability and robustness, privacy and security, accu power, security, usability, speed, did I already mention: security.
    Well said!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:13 AM
    YES. Movie product placement is a great way to get your device out for the masses.

Posted by Q5
    03-04-15 08:37 AM
    They should send the producers of Once Upon a Time a Classic. Regina was using an old Curve in the last episode.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:10 AM
    Same here, but images is very powerful when it comes to marketing. You may not decide immediately, however over time more you see more you will have a slightly curiosity about the product when doing your purchase research. If you think about Apple up to now and how they overcome the financial crisis in the 90's you will notice that very "shy" and slowly they were already investing in giving away their Macintosh to be used in movies.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-08-15 11:42 PM
    They should send the producers of Once Upon a Time a Classic. Regina was using an old Curve in the last episode.
    I could show them how to use it even. I don't watch the show, but they film down the road from me. They were shooting when I went into the bank last week.
    03-09-15 05:45 AM
    Does anyone buys his/her phone based on what he sees in the movies? Really?

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    03-09-15 05:47 AM
    Oh, you mean the same marketing approach and message that BlackBerry has had the past 8 years and counting.
    03-24-15 10:13 PM
    The best promotion is a strong and sophisticated product, a product that can convince the critics by it's features, features like stability and robustness, privacy and security, accu power, security, usability, speed, did I already mention: security.
    Consumers don't buy a device based on security.
    03-24-15 11:00 PM
    Movie directors don't like product placements to be distracting to the audience. The last thing they want is to pull the viewer out of the story with the thought of what the heck is that phone he is using?
    03-24-15 11:21 PM
    Movie directors don't like product placements to be distracting to the audience. The last thing they want is to pull the viewer out of the story with the thought of what the heck is that phone he is using?
    TV series do. Have you seen all the Windows Phones in 'House of Cards' Season 3?
    03-24-15 11:30 PM
    Oh, you mean the same marketing approach and message that BlackBerry has had the past 8 years and counting.
    This may not be sufficiant for masses but for a special type of customer, especially in business, it's right. Not every user is an iSheep.
    Consumers don't buy a device based on security.
    (I learned we must distinguish between security and privacy.) I'm not in doubt that there will be more and more. The first big world wide abuse of collected data is only a question of time, I mean something that really hurts, which costs many people a lot of money and their jobs and houses and perhaps even lives. Just a question of time. Maybe in the US security and privacy are not a big topic at the moment because everything is overshouted with freedom and elections and being safe (in american terms) - more weapons, more surveillance for more safeness, finally. In Europe it's a bit different. Some people begin to think. Why is SecuSmart a German company? And why did RIM buy it?
    03-25-15 01:24 AM
    Be the sponsor for big brother.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:28 AM
    Be the sponsor for big brother.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the show where people aren't allowed contact with the outside world....
    03-25-15 08:32 AM
    I've noticed a few Windows Phones, HTC's and Q10's in House of Cards and Vampire Diaries. I also noticed a few BB10 Porsche based phones too in various other shows.
    Seems the high end villen and rich within the show use the Porsche BB10 phones.

Yes BBRY should do phone placement in films and movies. MS has been doing this A LOT.

Sexy White Z30
    03-25-15 10:03 AM
    Bond wouldn't be caught dead carrying a BlackBerry Leap.
    LOL
    Full Agree 100%. Did I just agree with you?

Bond should use the new BB10 PORSCHE BB10 DEVICE.

Sexy White Z30
    03-25-15 10:06 AM
    Sorry but James Bond is going to use a Sony phone.... It's much easier to do product placements when your company owns the studio.

But Bond is a bad example... you don't want customers thinking that their phone is defective because they can't do the things that Bond could with it.

But I do think product placement is a smart way to keep the BlackBerry name relevant... While I dislike the whole Kardashian franchise, do think Chen is missing an opportunity with them - give Kim a Gold Passport...

But then, we are talking about appealing to consumers....
    03-25-15 10:24 AM
    Sorry but James Bond is going to use a Sony phone.... It's much easier to do product placements when your company owns the studio.

But Bond is a bad example... you don't want customers thinking that their phone is defective because they can't do the things that Bond could with it.

But I do think product placement is a smart way to keep the BlackBerry name relevant... While I dislike the whole Kardashian franchise, do think Chen is missing an opportunity with them - give Kim a Gold Passport...

But then, we are talking about appealing to consumers....
    Well in that way, BOND going with a Sony based Android, that is quite hackable does not make any sense at all LOL. You want a Robust Highly Secure, future proof OS that runs circles around any other mobile OS out to date. It's called BB10
    03-25-15 02:38 PM
    Although,,,,,I can see 007 sporting a nice red Passport for sure.

Caper in Toronto.
    nt300 likes this.
    03-25-15 02:54 PM
    You mean the show where people aren't allowed contact with the outside world....
    Good point

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:24 PM
    Among all of the ridiculous things you see in any Bond movie, I doubt people are going to feel that the smartphone operating system is too insecure to be used.
    03-25-15 10:45 PM
    They were shooting when I went into the bank last week.
    As long as you weren't shooting when you went into the bank
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-25-15 10:58 PM
44 12