I dont like channels, has no appeal to me. I would be VERY surprised if it ever catches on. Even if BBM gets 500 million users, channels is just meh...

If you remember back when you had BBM contacts, before everybody ditched there blackberrys. The BBM profile was a huge part of the experience. We had a picture that people updated daily, sometimes a poster, meme, picture of them self or whatever. And we had an update feed that displayed all these updates. Unfortunately it was on BBOS7 and the screens were small. The update feed changed sizes but typically showed 10x10 thumbnails or something crazy small. And the information on our profiles were limited to a simple status, and some location information.

Not shur how far back this goes, I came to the smarphone space on a bold 9700. I know for a fact this was before instagram. What I just described is basically what instagram is. Pictures and status that all you need.

But fast forward today and our BBM profile is still crap. The updates feed should be huge display pictures, fill the screen or let the user set the thumbnail size. Give us a much higher definition display picture. They actually reduced the quality recently, WTF! I upload a picture of my truck after polishing it and the picture destroys my hard work. And just simply save the display pictures for the people to scroll through later on. The status is what it is, over the years the length was played with and Im shur we could find a sweet spot.

Ontop of those improvements we should increase the amount of information available in the profile. It should be the equivilant to a Linkedin profile. Professional
    09-19-13 11:19 PM
    I agree with high res photos of everything bbm. Actually the channels seem to show higher res pictures. I love channels though i think you need to just find better ones.
    09-19-13 11:33 PM
    Prosumers don't need this
    lnichols and mathking606 like this.
    09-20-13 10:07 PM
    Prosumers don't need this
    BBM is now separate from blackberry. Cross platform brah

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:08 PM