I didn't even take the time to read the whole post lol! What is people on these days!

Posted via CB10
    Apparently, they are on keyboards without an Enter/return key.

09-04-13 06:19 AM
    Let's say for the sake of argument, Google won't release KLP to other phone manufacturers. It's highly unlikely, but it exists in the realm of possibility. If this were to happen, what would Samsung do?

I think the answer's pretty obvious, they'll follow the Amazon model. They'll just fork Android and promote their own app store. I'm pretty sure developers quickly fill the Samsung App Store, since they literally wouldn't have to do anything except send it in.
    09-04-13 07:21 AM
    Google won't release KLP to other phone manufacturers.
    It's KitKat, no longer KLP

*This post is in compliance with the international Galaxy potato regulations.
    09-04-13 07:34 AM
    I didn't even take the time to read the whole post lol! What is people on these days!

Posted via CB10
    What is the point of a statement like this? If being grammatically correct within a forum post is your thing, you failed badly... IS would be the correct conjugation in singular form only. As in "what IS he on" however that would only be accurate if you correctly punctuated the statement with a question mark as you are asking a question and not making a statement. In so far as I posted a thought for interpretation on this forum for analysis and left out the proper spacing, I apologize if it incapacitated your ability for critical thinking. However based on the fact that you ridiculed my grammar with one statement and failed at being grammatically accurate in under 20 words I don't think my application of spacing is what inhibits your ability to participate rationally.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 08:08 AM
    Let's say for the sake of argument, Google won't release KLP to other phone manufacturers. It's highly unlikely, but it exists in the realm of possibility. If this were to happen, what would Samsung do?

I think the answer's pretty obvious, they'll follow the Amazon model. They'll just fork Android and promote their own app store. I'm pretty sure developers quickly fill the Samsung App Store, since they literally wouldn't have to do anything except send it in.
    In addition to Samsung Apps (App Store), they also have Samsung Hub (Music, Video, eBook store/services, and eLearning materials), messaging (ChatOn), Wallet, Link/AllShare, PUSH Architecture, etc. They can license Google or Here Maps without much issue (they can easily afford to do that) and probably port the entire TouchWiz over to it. They can likely get Polaris to port over Polaris Office, so all the basics should be easily taken care of.

I think Tizen will be better positioned than alternatives like WebOS and Meego were because Samsung has a lot of the ground work done for a decent ecosystem already. It will only come down to developer support. If they can muster up more developer support than RIM and the hardware and user experience isn't terrible, I don't see it being as massive a failure as some people are expecting, especially if it runs well on low-mid range equipment...
    09-04-13 09:35 AM
    What is the point of a statement like this? If being grammatically correct within a forum post is your thing, you failed badly... IS would be the correct conjugation in singular form only. As in "what IS he on" however that would only be accurate if you correctly punctuated the statement with a question mark as you are asking a question and not making a statement. In so far as I posted a thought for interpretation on this forum for analysis and left out the proper spacing, I apologize if it incapacitated your ability for critical thinking. However based on the fact that you ridiculed my grammar with one statement and failed at being grammatically accurate in under 20 words I don't think my application of spacing is what inhibits your ability to participate rationally.

Posted via CB10
    If you're going to spend that much time writing that much text, then spend a few more seconds to paragraph it. The formatting is a worse sin than the grammar. Bad grammar is so common that for many of us the deciphering is relatively subconscious, but it takes more effort than is worth it to read a post so long that is so jumbled together. There's no excuse for that, and I don't understand why you're being defensive about it.

Go back and edit the post to add some whitespace, so that it is more easily readable.
    JasW likes this.
    09-04-13 09:39 AM
    I'd like to add a couple of points. Samsung is DESPERATELY trying to get into corporate America. Anyone remember KNOX? They announced it earlier this year, but I still believe there is no "official" release date. A partnership with BlackBerry would fill that gaping hole.

BlackBerry 10 has a 9 month head start on Tizen. Sure it doesn't sound that long, but tons of people said that it wouldn't take long for BB10 to take off. Well, here we are 9 months later and pretty much still in the starting blocks. Do you think Samsung wants to see that happen to Tizen? I don't think so.

I say let BlackBerry license out the OS to Samsung and maybe make one or two devices a year. This way they can shelve KNOX and Tizen and push forward with BB10 and BES10.

I'm sure my thinking is flawed somewhere. You can begin correcting me now.
    09-04-13 05:53 PM
    l could see Samsung use BB10 or BB11 or whatever and then skin it to their liking. I can also envisage that the masses would flock to it in numbers Blackberry remember only from the distant past. People like Samsung phones and trust them. Blackberry phones are synonymous in the public perception as unreliable, buggy and slow. If BB was licensed to Samsung, their own (BB) phones would take a major dive in sales, worse than has been seen before.

There is little likelihood of Samsung leaving Android in the near or foreseeable future; it is their cash cow and Google's main distributor. Nor would Google restrict Android to certain hardware manufacturers, it would be the death of the OS as we know it. Motorola is still finding its feet and Google make phones with bare bones software, minimal features to distinguish it from raw Android. Consumers like skinned android more than vanilla.

Tizen is aimed for budget phones sort of like their version of Android-lite/Symbian OS. Its not a replacement for Android. Apps are a major factor in the success of an OS as Blackberry can testify and Tizen will have a limited amount of basic apps. Samsung aren't that short-sighted, hence their continued success.
    09-04-13 06:24 PM
    There is almost no reason for Samsung to even bother with Blackberry at this point.

There is literally no reason for Samsung to use BB10/11 now that their Galaxy S devices are getting certified at high security levels these days and they've already been doing SAFE/KNOX for a while.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...-security-nod/

Again, there is no reason for Samsung to even care about Blackberry, for the most part.

Why would Samsung bother with all this work, when they're doing fabulously with TouchWiz and have been getting their devices with SAFE/KNOX certified at high security levels?

Blackberry shot themselves by focusing TOO HARD on Enterprise when they were already way ahead. They should have been working double time on consumer-oriented things since 2010 but sat on BBOS too long. Now that they finally got something usable out for consumers, competitors are catching up to them in the enterprise and they have lost a ton of users and mindshare in the consumer market - quite possible indefinitely.

Tizen is aimed for budget phones sort of like their version of Android-lite/Symbian OS. Its not a replacement for Android. Apps are a major factor in the success of an OS as Blackberry can testify and Tizen will have a limited amount of basic apps. Samsung aren't that short-sighted, hence their continued success.
    Clearing up a misconception in this post.

If Symbian was made for budget phones, then every Blackberry prior to the BB10 devices were feature phones. To say Symbian was aimed at budget phones shows a completely obliviousness to what devices ran the software, their capabilities, and how their positioning.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 09-04-13 at 11:01 PM.
    09-04-13 10:47 PM
    Nope. Ultimately Tizen is Samsung's "exit strategy". Tizen has a lot of backers, including Intel.
    09-05-13 03:04 AM
    th3h0ff, I considered the same for quite some time, it just seems like it could be a good fit for both sides, and with recent events, even more so for BBRY. Many good points made here that I really don't have the time or energy to comment on , but just wanted to thank you for your post and add a cple other points....

Many comments on why would Samsung want or need to partner with BBRY... Well I guess that really depends on the relationship with Google, but as you said, most reports tend to suggest they are not good. Now is Samsung going to drop their cash cow Android phones next month and start loading BB10 on them ? Of course not, but having BB10 running well on their phones, and helping build this young OS and eco system certainly will leave them in a much better position when Google does finally pull the rug out .... and you know it's just a matter of time with Google.

Why would Samsung want to associate themselves with the dyeing BlackBerry Brand ? Samsung's marketing is brilliant, they are one of very few companies that could actually make BlackBerry "cool" again with consumers. BB10/QNX Is an amazing OS, best out there in my opinion, but BB10 is young, needs polishing, an eco system etc.... it just needs time, marketing and that "cool" factor.

Also, consider Samsungs complete product line, not just their phones. They could do so much with a mature OS like QNX. Think about having the same OS running on your Phone, TV, Home Theatre, Car, DVD etc... Hell, they could even put a 10" touch screen in their refrigerators. Watch a video while cooking, listen to music, store recipes, keep a shopping list (that you could access from your phone while at the grocery store). Really the possibilities are endless with Samsungs product line and QNX.

So I don't know how this relationship would work, do they buy BB outright ? do they license the OS ? Does BBRY hang on to their HW division still or does Samsung get exclusive rights ? Many possibilities, personally I prefer to see them just license the product, but I don't think that's enough for BBRY at this point *shrugs*

Anyway, thanks again for the post, was an interesting read..... minus the trolls and flamers
    09-13-13 12:43 AM
36 12