The Priv is a sexy looking phone but too slow. A faster cpu and memory as well as a bigger battery would be desired for the Priv2.

I'd seriously consider buying such a device.

What's your thought guys?
    10-22-17 08:26 PM
    It's unlikely a slider will ever see the light of day again.

Too expensive, too much bulk and weight, too many failure points, not enough interest.
    TGR1 and IndianTiwari like this.
    10-22-17 08:37 PM
    Sliders like the Priv are cool. Too bad the hardware /battery engineering can't be better right now. Maybe someday.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    10-23-17 09:07 AM
    Native Blackberry already died lol
    10-23-17 09:12 AM
    Native Blackberry already died lol
    "Native Blackberry" - what does this have to do with sliders? Are you referring to the fact that the PRIV is the last phone that BB themselves developed?
    10-23-17 09:40 AM
    "Native Blackberry" - what does this have to do with sliders? Are you referring to the fact that the PRIV is the last phone that BB themselves developed?
    Yes
    10-23-17 09:42 AM
    Going back to the original post - yes, I have a PRIV and I'm very satisfied with it.

If there's an updated PRIV (or any slider, for that matter) around when my contract finishes I will seriously look at getting it.
    Conite may well be accurate - not likely to see another one. That's a shame, although I could be happy with any PKB phone.
    10-23-17 09:45 AM
    It's unlikely a slider will ever see the light of day again.

Too expensive, too much bulk and weight, too many failure points, not enough interest.
    Agree with you completely.
    10-29-17 02:52 PM
    Nokia had a few sliders, they were rock solid and quite popular. I had them all and never had any issue with either, no physical (hardware) problems too. I'm thus sure if BBMo wanted - they could produce a PRIV-2 as well. There is a market for that. I'm all eager for one any day.

10-29-17 03:12 PM
    The Priv is a sexy looking phone but too slow. A faster cpu and memory as well as a bigger battery would be desired for the Priv2.

I'd seriously consider buying such a device.

What's your thought guys?
    There will never be another slider phone again. The priv was a bust of a phone and should have never been made
    dilijasi likes this.
    11-01-17 08:32 PM
    Nokia had a few sliders, they were rock solid and quite popular. I had them all and never had any issue with either, no physical (hardware) problems too. I'm thus sure if BBMo wanted - they could produce a PRIV-2 as well. There is a market for that. I'm all eager for one any day.

Once VKBs became perfected, slider form became subset niche of the PKB which is just a niche itself. BBMo would hurt itself with a PRIV slider device.

BBMo wants you to buy PKB or VKB. If you can't decide, they want you to buy them both.
    11-01-17 09:50 PM
    I think of all innovations, the priv is the best and by adding speed and upgrading features, it can be the most sought out mobile, a perfect one for productivity.
    08-15-19 09:25 AM
    I think of all innovations, the priv is the best and by adding speed and upgrading features, it can be the most sought out mobile, a perfect one for productivity.
    It sold so badly that the company that made it exited mobile.
    10-15-19 07:46 AM
    modernize the innerds & put'er out characterized as a slab with optional PKB
    04-15-20 01:16 PM
    modernize the innerds & put'er out characterized as a slab with optional PKB
    Who?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-20 05:44 PM
    It costs billions to develop a phone, then there are contractual obligations with chip suppliers. It will never happen
    04-15-20 07:06 PM
    It costs billions to develop a phone, then there are contractual obligations with chip suppliers. It will never happen

I doubt these Crowd Funded devices cost billions to develop...

Now the PRIV might have come close to costing a billion... because they built something few wanted to pay full price for. I wonder how many PRIV, Passport fans... paid full price?

To develop a PRIV like device wouldn't be all that costly... but finding enough buyers at full price. That's were the viability doesn't work. Few OEMs are going to be happy with 5K units in sales, or even 100K units.
    04-16-20 07:46 AM
    It doesn't cost much if you outsource the hardware design and manufacture, use a fairly generic build of Android with convenient Chinese spyware tools (which people will excuse because of the convenience), and run the company out of your garage. Of course, there's no such thing as carrier relationships, in-store purchase, mobile payments, high-quality cameras or audio, and all "service" is done by email or by shipping the device back to the company (no loaner devices while it's gone). And needless to say, no significant marketing. Those are the places where you have to have REAL infrastructure and lots of it, and that costs a whole lot more money.

Also, the crowd-funded devices are probably enough to be supplemental income to 2-3 people at most - they'd still need day jobs to pay the bills. It's cheap to set up a street-corner lemonade stand too, but you're not going to attract MinuteMaid or CountryTime business (or profits) either.
    04-18-20 09:47 PM