I believe phone sells will still be very low and revenue will have dropped again.

Takes time to turn things around.

And I think BlackBerry can still do it.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    03-26-15 06:20 AM
    Agreed....I hope smartphone sales are better than expected for the sake of public perception.

Keep moving #TeamBlackBerry
    lovedaazn likes this.
    03-26-15 07:25 AM
    BB10 Device sales should be more than 2.2M+.
    Revenue will drop slightly. Even John Chen forecast lower revenue due to this last transitional quarter.

I can also see an increase in Profits. At least triple that of last quarter. Probably the majority coming from hardware.

Revenue = $700M +/- $75M
    BB10 Devices = 2.2M +/- 200K
    Profits = 20M +/- $8M
    Etc.,

Any body else with a prediction?

Sexy White Z30
    03-26-15 07:35 AM
    Yeah.... Embarrassment
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-26-15 07:50 AM
    Within the last 3 months alone here in Toronto I have seen an influx of people with BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry Classic devices, their reasons for having it were primarily that it was a business phone given to them. However, on the flip side of this tail, majority of these people also had older BlackBerry's and either the Z10, Z30 or Passport as their front running device for everyday use. There is a good chance when we look ahead to the next 3-7 years, that anyone under 26 will see a BlackBerry device good for business/enterprise. I see the transition day in and day out whenever I head downtown or even midtown, but also, I look at tweets, replies and messages on news boards from around the city, there is a good indicator that people (young people) are moving towards a more secure device that doesn't allow others to peep into their privacy. I'm sure we won't see a surge of sales for this report, but the upcoming young adults will move BlackBerry within 3 years time; this doesn't help much right now, but if the forecast shows a strong or steady move towards a climb in sales, then we can expect things to move continuously in that direction over the short and long period over time.
    03-26-15 07:50 AM
    BB10 Device sales should be more than 2.2M+.
    Revenue will drop slightly. Even John Chen forecast lower revenue due to this last transitional quarter.

I can also see an increase in Profits. At least triple that of last quarter. Probably the majority coming from hardware.

Revenue = $700M +/- $75M
    BB10 Devices = 2.2M +/- 200K
    Profits = 20M +/- $8M
    Etc.,

Sexy White Z30
    Many said that the Passport sales didn't get counted in the 3rd Quarter so between the Passport, and also the Classic launching in a number of markets (but not all of them) - plus all the Holiday Discounts that BlackBerry ran, I would think hardware sales should be up.

With hardware sales up you would think that revenue would be up, especially with the EZ Pass programing ending and people needing to buy into BES if they are planning to use it with their new fleets of Classic devices.

While the Holiday Sales might have affect Profits a little, the margins one the Passport and the Classic are pretty high so it is very possible that profits are up too.

Now all of the above is based on IF the PLAN is working...
    03-26-15 08:05 AM
    That makes a hole lot of sense scalemaster. Passport and Classic should have really good margins.

I am wondering if BlackBerry is re-launching the Z30 or something. Many stores like Staples Business Depot, and others seem to be re stocking them. The clerk tells me they are selling well, and requested more stock a few times over. Humm.

The Z30 is an expensive device to make yes?

Yeah.... Embarrassment
    Give the company a chance to turn things around. After this tea site on Q we shall see the path better. For competition's Sake.

Sexy White Z30
    03-26-15 08:56 AM
    03-26-15 09:02 AM
    Within the last 3 months alone here in Toronto I have seen an influx of people with BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry Classic devices, their reasons for having it were primarily that it was a business phone given to them. However, on the flip side of this tail, majority of these people also had older BlackBerry's and either the Z10, Z30 or Passport as their front running device for everyday use. There is a good chance when we look ahead to the next 3-7 years, that anyone under 26 will see a BlackBerry device good for business/enterprise. I see the transition day in and day out whenever I head downtown or even midtown, but also, I look at tweets, replies and messages on news boards from around the city, there is a good indicator that people (young people) are moving towards a more secure device that doesn't allow others to peep into their privacy. I'm sure we won't see a surge of sales for this report, but the upcoming young adults will move BlackBerry within 3 years time; this doesn't help much right now, but if the forecast shows a strong or steady move towards a climb in sales, then we can expect things to move continuously in that direction over the short and long period over time.
    I am sure Apple will do anything to prevent a BlackBerry comeback (Somewhat). Hopefully people catch onto iOS's imminent un-expandability issue lol. 3 to 5 years? Yup just about right.

Sexy White Z30
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    03-26-15 09:07 AM
    Speculation !
    03-26-15 09:12 AM
    Speculation !
    LOL... And this thread isn't speculation?

We'll all find out soon enough.
    03-26-15 09:27 AM
    LOL... And this thread isn't speculation?

We'll all find out soon enough.
    Yes sir !!
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-26-15 09:32 AM
    There are a few too many unknowns to really make clear predictions. However, what we do know is that BIS revenues will drop this quarter. Hard to guess on hardware but I will go with middling expectation of 1.5 million. BES revenues started to kick in February so a bit of that will likely make into the quarterly report. QNX and secursmart will add a bit of unexpected additional revenue. Putting it together, my bet is Blackberry will report a profit of 100-200 million. It won't be because of dramatic changes in revenue or cost savings; I suspect they will apply their research tax credit to get them where they need to be.
    03-26-15 11:28 AM
    I predict the forums will be filled with trolls regardless the outcome

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    3MIKE and Bfalcon1 like this.
    03-26-15 11:29 AM
    we haven't seen any press releases about even the smallest adaptor of BES12 in a while or any other good news affecting revenue,just the vision and what it could mean down the road,right ?Chen is going to spin this as a setback ,but say they were actually ahead by a Q so no problem,right? The big question is will he continue to smile and joke around?
    03-26-15 12:08 PM
    Passport sales will be disappointing.
    Service revenues continue to fall.
    Classic not selling well enough and to late in that quarter.
    More cash pumped in from other sources.

More creative book keeping.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-26-15 01:27 PM

It's because the Trolls do not understand how turnarounds work. There's going to be negative numbers 1st before the positive numbers come in. The trick is to make the positive numbers sustainable. This should be the final quarter with anything negative. IMO. I say 2.4M to 3.1M Devices sold.

we haven't seen any press releases about even the smallest adaptor of BES12 in a while or any other good news affecting revenue,just the vision and what it could mean down the road,right ?Chen is going to spin this as a setback ,but say they were actually ahead by a Q so no problem,right? The big question is will he continue to smile and joke around?
    BES12 adoption takes many Quarters to bare fruit. But once it starts baring fruit, there is no stopping it.
    03-26-15 01:31 PM

You mean they're not already?!? Lol
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-26-15 01:32 PM
    I bet ya, yes he will !
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-26-15 01:34 PM
    The consensus by analysts is to hold, to see what the ER has for tomorrow because even they don't know for sure what the EZ Pass conversion rate is which will be the biggest change in revenue outlook. The stock price has already priced in that software revenue won't be on schedule, may need another quarter or two to get on track, so as long as there is no really bad news it won't change much. In other words, no need for panic selling.
    03-26-15 01:48 PM
    03-26-15 02:23 PM
    I believe that the numbers will be low too, but then they really did bring back the brand awareness and reputation

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:25 PM
    BES12 adoption takes many Quarters to bare fruit. But once it starts baring fruit, there is no stopping it.
    Yep, once you pull clothes off your fruit... you just can't stop

Quarterly earnings tomorrow-banana_flasher_by_alage-d2z202h.jpg
    03-26-15 02:35 PM
    Yep, once you pull clothes off your fruit... you just can't stop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banana_flasher_by_alage-d2z202h.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	343961
    Then all kinds of weird thinks happen,hahahaha!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=cgKGQ-tbg7w
    03-26-15 02:56 PM
    +2 pennies today at close nasdaq,I say watch out for after hours crash and another drop tomorrow big time ,of course it will recover in a couple of weeks if things go as usual,but still much lower than today.BB is about to get really abused next week,press is not going to let up and poor little BB is going to be pushed to the side yet again.
    03-26-15 03:14 PM
30 12