The new CEO gets it. Old BB users use the phone for typing functions i.e. emails, texting, Twitter, Facebook....... and not games and entertainment.

RIM lost money last year because they got away from their customer base by not having a tool belt on the Q10. The belt makes the phone faster.

I have 10 email and 5 Twitter accounts on BB9900. I is "the" fastest phone for this type of functions. If I wanted to play games I would buy a tablet. I am SLOWLY typing this post on my wife's Samsung S4 bc my BB9900 is down and I hate 1 finger typing.

I'm ok with a bigger phone, why not a 6/9 ratio screen keep the tool belt and maybe add a few more direct keys.

If RIM wants another Q10 flop leave the tool belt out 'again'. New Q10 users that like it have no idea how much faster s tool belt is. It took me months to get use to BB9900 but once I did I won't go to a Smart Phone.

RIM should go down 2 roads Smart Phone for gamers and Q Series for users that want SPEED.

MORE RAM, MORE RAM and MORE RAM!!!!!

If you think the BB9900 is old school look on Ebay and try buying a used in under $90. And look at all the replacement parts for sale.

BTW my BB9900 is broken bc I damaged the pins on the mother board trying to replace the keyboard. Make a replacement mother board with more RAM and it will fly off the shelf. This would be a temporary fix until you get the Q Series straighten out. BB9900 users won't jump as fast like we did with the Q10. I will wait to demo one before I buy again.

Please don't make another Q10 flop and go out of business.

Dean Oshiro
    04-09-14 07:27 AM
    None of us want them to flop and go out of business. And I think the toolbelt is going to be happening from what we hear.
    But I want a bigger phone like the Z10 or Z30 and I want it souped up. Something that "ANYMAN" would want to buy simply because its hot and stacked with specs.. That's where they are gonna make some money, too!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-14 08:13 AM
    Yes a bigger Q Series would be nice. Something that will fit if in your pocket.
    04-09-14 08:21 AM
    See, here is the thing. Companies don't actually make a lot of money on their flagships.

They make way more cash on the lower end products, where the margins are higher.

This is why a low end and high end strategy works.

There should be 4 models, in my opinion. 2 low end, touch and keyboard, and 2 high end, touch and keyboard. 2Zs and 2Qs

Maybe a fifth product once in a while, a slider, a tablet, etc.

The high end drives image and brand, and spec people lap them up, but the low end is the bulk of sales. 0 dollars on contract, 200 or less payg, things like that.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:26 AM
    Smart users know time is $$$ BB9900 is the fastest phone to type and navigate on. It is not s gaming or browsing phone.

I will pay for a fast phone.

The best of both worlds would be a TOOLBELT and a bigger screen. I would rather a 6/9 ratio screen than a 2/4 smart screen on top a keyboard. Something you can still put in your pocket.

Not everybody has internet or WIFI service.
    04-09-14 09:22 AM