Quote from the recent getting out hardware news "The company plans to end all internal hardware development and will outsource that function to partners," Did BB really need to put it that way? Maybe they want to be hyper transparent but it seems to me a sentence like "At this time the company feels outsourcing the manufacturing process is the best way to be competitive while still delivering a high quality product" But saying the company "plans to end all internal hardware development" feels like it's time to abandon ship and collect all you can but just get out. And I've read the articles from reputable and non reputable media that are taking that angle. I know media feeds off of bad news but BB doesn't seem to be trying to make their moves sound like they know what they are doing but rather like they screwed up and have to figure something out to get rid of the mistake.
    11-01-16 12:32 PM
    "At this time the company feels outsourcing the manufacturing process is the best way to be competitive while still delivering a high quality product"
    This is what BlackBerry has been already doing for years - outsourcing their manufacturing. They are now ending all internal hardware development. If there are any further "BlackBerry" phones developed, they won't be developed by BlackBerry.
    11-01-16 12:59 PM
    Actually, they now have no plans for "outsourcing hardware development". That's what they did with the DTEK50 and 60. They are finished with that model in which they were still responsible for distribution, sales, and support.

BlackBerry is now a software company with an interest in licensing their mobile apps and security software to partners who will not only be responsible for the design, but also manufacturing, marketing, distribtion sales, and support for any new devices.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 01:02 PM
    This is what BlackBerry has been already doing for years - outsourcing their manufacturing. They are now ending all internal hardware development. If there are any further "BlackBerry" phones developed, they won't be developed by BlackBerry.
    I not commenting on the outsourcing but rather the words they used to announce the outsourcing.
    11-01-16 01:28 PM
    I not commenting on the outsourcing but rather the words they used to announce the outsourcing.
    BlackBerry is no longer outsourcing anything. The DTEK60 was the last device to be outsourced by BlackBerry. Perhaps you think that BlackBerry is still in the business of making smartphones, but they are not. They have made that clear in more recent statements even if it is not clear in this one from the September Fiscal 2017 Q2 report.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 02:07 PM
    This is a public company which means there is an obligation to avoid misleading announcements. They aren't outsourcing the hardware manufacturing - they are getting out of hardware altogether. It's like saying I'm not going to work here anymore but will rely on my partners here to do this job.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 02:18 PM
    Isn't there a word-wizard who could do both in one statement?

:-)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-07-16 02:48 AM