It's my opinion that to go back to being the Blackberry we all remember, in addition to improving the marketing, it is necessary to also improve the design of the products.

Nothing wrong with the current production (I think about Z30 or the newer Z3) but I think about them as ordinary phones, well built, sturdy but definitely far from being seen as an object of desire, with regard to the pure design

If I think about the Windermere, I shiver 'cos I do not know how many will delight with its boxy and clunky shape.

On the other hand, there were several concepts that have attracted attention, including the Blade or the BlackBerry Empathy. In fact, to me since BB is black, it has the potential to become incredibly beautiful and attractive, much more than a trivial Apple's iPhone.

Try to think of what could be a Z50 with sapphire crystal and aluminum, who would not be tempted to go back to black?

Please, do a sexier phone!-blackberry_empathy_concept_1.jpg

Please, do a sexier phone!-blackberry-blade-concept.jpg

Blackberry has many qualities and undoubtedly these people finds them out after the purchase, however, I know people and how they think and many purchases are made without much thought if you really like something.

The people I know barely uses the mails, a little 'whatsapp and little else and there are too much people who choose iPhone because it is beautiful and it's cool. That's it

So instead of thinking about what could be the killer app "to rule them all", a new feature that outperforms competition, to create a new and unique design object just might be enough.

06-16-14 05:50 PM
    I agree there needs to be a 'sexy' device, I just dunno what it would be. It can't be too radical cause that has a tendency to turn people off. It can't be too elegant, because that just ends up being 'plain' to most people. I'm with you on the fact that BlackBerry should be looking at some of the concept designers though.
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    06-16-14 05:54 PM
    Marketing is key, then specs and general good craftmanship / build quality, then some "sexier" materials.

Imagine a Z50 and a Z51 with (more) premium materials.

Then again, BlackBerry isn't in the position of Samsung where they know multiple models will sell and that retailers & carriers will pre-order lots of 'em. This time around you might be right: Probably amping up the materials, at least a little, will be a good idea. Also best to stick with a design that nobody will dislike, like the Z30 silver chin which many weren't a fan of.
    06-16-14 06:00 PM
    That curved slider looks wicked.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 07:26 PM
    My next device I want BlackBerry to do:

The updated Z10 (no name yet for the device)

4.5--4.7 inch device
    3GB or 4GB Ram
    Krait Processor 64bit
    Adreno GPU
    32GB w/ memory card expansion
    2200 battery ( thinner battery)
    Micro SD
    Micro HDMI
    10MP camera with improved aperture
    2 or 5MP front camera
    Paratek Radio
    FM Radio

Detail Design:
    Same shape but some tweaks on design :

Imagine the Z10 but sleeker and refined.

No more plastic, but metal and/or aluminum, or stainless steel

Metal rim border

Have both front and back panels line up with the black rim.

Move the ports to middle of rim possibly a bit smaller, power button and volume rocker can remain the same.

Same touch on display technology w/ edge to edge glass

Smaller bezels

The back is no longer removable.

Replace the back with a flatten panel with carbon weave glass

Two colors : Titanium BlackBerry/ Gray and silver/ chrome / gray

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:21 AM
    First phone looks hideous. Slider looks sleek but I don't like sliders.
    06-18-14 06:52 AM