I certainly don't want to knock Blackberry and really hope they do enjoy a turnaround in the near future. That being said I beleive they made a critical mistake and one that's continued by not making their plans more competitive with Android. I'll give you an example of what I mean. I'm with Boost Mobile and Blackberry charges $60 for monthly unlimited serivce whereas Android charges $55. $5 a month more may not seem like alot but that's $60 a year. If I'm Blackberry and Andorid is stealing our customers away I'd be dropping our monthly prices to $50 a month for unlimited to compete. I'm not saying this is the sole reason Blackberry is struggling but it is a factor. I'm certain if Blackberry came out with $50 unlimted for Boost and offered the Z10 or the Q10 they'd be able to get customers to switch from android. It's not all about apps, it comes down to economics.
    08-24-13 03:04 PM
    That is likely on the older phones due to the BIS requirement, which has a cost that is paid by the cell provider to BlackBerry every month for every device.

All the carriers had that upcharge with the older BB phones for this reason -- it should be gone with the Z10 and Q10 (it is for the other carriers.)
    08-24-13 03:11 PM
    That is likely on the older phones due to the BIS requirement, which has a cost that is paid by the cell provider to BlackBerry every month for every device.

All the carriers had that upcharge with the older BB phones for this reason -- it should be gone with the Z10 and Q10 (it is for the other carriers.)
    Interesting. I just went to AT&T yesterday to take my SGIII off my third line and add my 9900 just until the Note 3 arrives and my plan did not change. It seems that it depends on the company?
    08-24-13 03:14 PM
    Maybe it's just Boost Mobile but if Blackberry dropped to $50 with their shrinkage to $35 for unlimited I'm convinced they be able to win some former customers back. Like I said for a lot of people it's not always about apps, it comes down to economics and where one is gonna save the most money.
    08-24-13 03:28 PM