Okay so recently on here I've been talking about how everything BlackBerry does should 'start with why' and this links a lot into marketing because "people don't buy what you do they buy why you do it" (Sinek) (especially once you take price out of the picture)..

So with this in mind a possible marketing campaign just for the new customisable pin feature on BBM came to mind..

It would go something along the lines of either showing people walking across the street, and two people recognise each other and instead of calling the name they call the persons number (really quickly) so like," Hey! 0798436191551, haven't seen you in ages let's catch up some time"

Or even for the corporates someone says something and again instead of a name they use the persons number..

Several short skits like this could be made together much like the recent campaign BlackBerry had going for the retracted messages

The idea behind being that I imagine part of BlackBerry's why 'at least for me' is personalised conversation, in its day BBM made talking to your friends interactive, instant and personal, and sure you can have a whatsapp display name but your number still has to be shared, with BBM you can have something more personal to hand out for people to reach you (and of course better controls for privacy etc.)

But yeah.. the general idea is for it to get people questioning why they give out a number when they can give out their name.. (gives me another idea for a sketch in a club, guy with BBM only has to ask for a name to get in contact lol)

P.s. I know a lot of people might not necessarily use their name as their personal BBM pin but I don't think that stops this being an effective campaign

Check Out TechCraze
    06-08-15 07:40 AM
    Good point. The Namespace would need to be increased for that, to make it truly worthwhile, I reckon... :-)

  Queen's Birthday weekend - it's over!...  
    06-08-15 04:49 PM
    Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:49 PM