Dear members,

I'm agreeing with the guest speaker's view point.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/wh...tml?cmpid=yhoo

I think the only reason BlackBerry announced this committee is to satisfy other share holders in accordance with being a public listed company.

I like how the media is spinning it by saying things like "blackberry is for sale but no one wants to buy them"

I think Prem Watsa, Fairfax, CPF and Canada sees BlackBerry's value and want to take it private.

Other interested buyers will be either blocked, rejected or out bidded.

Joint ventures, partnerships and an open sale was never the real aim of this annoucement.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:16 AM
    1, 2, 3....
    08-15-13 09:19 AM
    Anyone's guess at this point. I hope they go private backed by a group of Canadian investors but who knows

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:19 AM
    Anyone's guess at this point. I hope they go private backed by a group of Canadian investors but who knows

Posted via CB10
    So you only want Canadian investors? I like your loyalty to your country but what happens if every country buys nothing and does nothing unless it comes from or is in their home land? What if no one from any country but Canada ever bought a bbry?
    08-15-13 09:26 AM
    09-09-13 01:29 PM
    Dear members,

I'm agreeing with the guest speaker's view point.

Why BlackBerry Will Most Likely Go Private

I think the only reason BlackBerry announced this committee is to satisfy other share holders in accordance with being a public listed company.

I like how the media is spinning it by saying things like "blackberry is for sale but no one wants to buy them"

I think Prem Watsa, Fairfax, CPF and Canada sees BlackBerry's value and want to take it private.
    Agree PW want to get as much return on the money he has already sunk into this company. Buy it cheap and sell the pieces that do have value to the highest bidder. As a corporation they can't have a "yard sale", but as a private company they can.

Other interested buyers will be either blocked, rejected or out bidded.
    They have been up for sale over a year now... there are not any other interested buyers wanting the whole company. Thus the reason the PW wants to take control, so he can sales those parts that others are interested in at the best price he can.

Joint ventures, partnerships and an open sale was never the real aim of this annoucement.
    You don't keep yelling fire, fire, fire... if there isn't a fire. BlackBerry WANTS the best deal they can get, and with no takers they are just trying to stir the pot a little to see what might happen.

What do you guys think?
    I think just saying that they want a "strategic alternative" is no big deal.....

But added to the two announcements of production cuts, added to the rumors of slowing sales, added to the reduction in advertising, added to the "we need to get this deal done by November", added to the cuts in BES Licensing, added to the lack of any info from Thor & company, added to BB10 devices not showing up on some carrie site without searching.....

Lot of people on the Titanic didn't believe that the might ship was sinking either.
    09-09-13 01:49 PM
    I'm fairly certain this announcement came only after a buyout offer was made. The only reason the media is reporting that "no one wants to buy BlackBerry" is because most of the more famous potential buyers (Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, Sony, Huawei, etc.) have denied or not commented on a potential offer. They want to see BlackBerry bought out by one of the aforementioned companies and seldom mention the other alternative (going private).

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:09 AM
    I'm fairly certain this announcement came only after a buyout offer was made. The only reason the media is reporting that "no one wants to buy BlackBerry" is because most of the more famous potential buyers (Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, Sony, Huawei, etc.) have denied or not commented on a potential offer. They want to see BlackBerry bought out by one of the aforementioned companies and seldom mention the other alternative (going private).

Posted via CB10
    No, it's more along the lines of the Canadian government will block any non USA or Canadian firm from purchasing blackberry because of the massive government infrastructure it has access to.

My contacts with the feds in Canada say blackberry will go private.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:05 AM
    Harper can't afford to look too protectionist. He would let it go, though I think the Chinese would be an exception to that.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:21 PM
    Harper can't afford to look too protectionist. He would let it go, though I think the Chinese would be an exception to that.

Posted via CB10

With an election upcoming, I don't think he can afford not to.

If it's not usa, canada, British or some g8 country that isn't oriental, I really think it gets nixed. And my contact in the feds agrees.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:35 PM
    I guess im right but the low ball offer sucks.
    09-23-13 03:26 PM
    I guess im right but the low ball offer sucks.
    You weren't the only one = )

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:14 PM