The Bad news hits me slight a sledgehammer every time I start to get excited.

- BBM coming cross platform....Exciting 10.2 SDK goes gold
    Followed by BB announce Strategic Review with Selling the company as an option

- Z30 getting closer, sneak peaks..more 10.2 Leaks..BBM comming soon
    Followed by BB board wants to complete sale by November

- Z30 with 25hr battery + 10.2 launched, BBM out by the weekend, rumours of other future devices
    Followed by BB to cut 40% of staff

I'm a BB loyalist..used them for the past 10+ years..and every time I hear the bad news I start to question what my next phone will be (with my current contract ending soon).

BB could have (and maybe they do have ) the Best OS and hardware in the business...Even if they sold their stuff for $100 and have it make coffee for you in the morning..they will get NO real traction until the uncertainty is settled.

Hurry up November...Take the company private, Sell the whole thing to Samsung, Break it up in to pieces...at this point I only care (for the sake of BlackBerry), is to have some sort of resolution to this whole mess.
    09-19-13 08:35 AM
    We're all looking for some stability with the whole situation. I honestly don't think we'll see it until Christmas break.
    09-19-13 09:43 AM
    We're all looking for some stability with the whole situation. I honestly don't think we'll see it until Christmas break.
    Well that means another Holiday season of sales blown because a cloudy future is going to hurt sales more than ususal.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:44 AM
    In many cases it is an information war, and too many are casualties in the melee. If one were to step back and take a breath and stop letting themselves get whip-sawed, things will not be quite so taking.
    oldmanjenkins likes this.
    09-19-13 11:48 AM
    In many cases it is an information war, and too many are casualties in the melee. If one were to step back and take a breath and stop letting themselves get whip-sawed, things will not be quite so taking.
    It is tough to avoid to some degree. I think too this is another example of how a combination of high intensity, 24 hour news combined with programmed trading has fundamentally changed the dynamics of how corporations function. One could argue if the change is for the better or the worse I think, but it is hard to argue that the change is not significant. So this is the world we have to deal with now.
    09-19-13 12:21 PM
    It is tough to avoid to some degree. I think too this is another example of how a combination of high intensity, 24 hour news combined with programmed trading has fundamentally changed the dynamics of how corporations function. One could argue if the change is for the better or the worse I think, but it is hard to argue that the change is not significant. So this is the world we have to deal with now.
    Agreed, it's no way to run a company for the long term. That's why there are more companies trying to go private like Dell.
    09-19-13 12:48 PM
    I guess November DID com early!
    We'll now have to wait an see how this all plays out..
    But at least there is now a sense of some type of stability...we know that SOMEONE (right now Fairfax, but they could be outbid)..will buy buying BlackBerry and they will continue to operate at least for the immediate future.
    09-24-13 09:05 AM
    But at least there is now a sense of some type of stability...we know that SOMEONE (right now Fairfax, but they could be outbid)..will buy buying BlackBerry and they will continue to operate at least for the immediate future.
    Uh, no, we don't know that. There's a letter of intent, not a binding deal. There's a lot that has to happen before we get to a deal, not the least of which is financing. Fairfax's only obligation under the letter of intent is to seek financing. It could all very easily fall through.
    09-24-13 02:15 PM
    Uh, no, we don't know that. There's a letter of intent, not a binding deal. There's a lot that has to happen before we get to a deal, not the least of which is financing. Fairfax's only obligation under the letter of intent is to seek financing. It could all very easily fall through.
    This is something that many are overlooking, including CrackBerry itself.
    09-24-13 02:46 PM
    I also heard today, that there is also the possibility after the Due diligence that Fairfax could actually lower its' $9 offer!
    Ouch...Glad I'm not a shareholder!!

But the point is...there is more hope (event if it isn't a guarantee) that this thing is heading for some stability...more than the complete unknown from last week.
    That being said..I'd still be hesitant about forking $ over for a top of the line Z30 (that I was hoping to get) until this thing is settled. And as a longtime BlackBerry user it says a lot.. if I'm not prepared to buy one of their phones at the moment even fewer non-BB folks will be as well.
    09-24-13 03:48 PM
    And BlackBerry keeps bringing a club to a gunfight. Just what is their PR doing??

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:06 PM