This could appear pretty weird from someone who don't own the device but I'd like to ear those who actually sport it (well, others too lol).
    I'm a Passport user, missing my SE (Black On Black now) fantastic PKB and had most the BB10 devices (Z10/30, Q5/10, tested Classic and Leap). I'm comfortable with SWKB too, I find the flicking amazing and ... fun.

After I read literally hundreds of post (an saw a ton of video reviews) regarding the Priv Keyboard - the good, the bad - there's something I might like to see clearly expressed in the "mix" : Priv have no keyboard. It's a key pad that lets you control the device with physical actions, including text input. For people not in the knowledge of PKB (a lot !) it'll be more explanatory of its added value.

Most of these newcomers will *first* (look at all the videos, they can't stop !) enjoy it as a trackpad. Then they will discover the beauty of shortcuts to apps and actions. Finally, they will love that slide-click movement, discover they have a full srceen above and it takes no longer to flick "right, uh" on the PKB ... oh, and then, they can even customize spelling to include their own expressions shortcuts and mix with real words to get the fastest wpm they can expect with accuracy ... (ad lib). Probably, they'll end using it as often as the VKB.

The picture here is story telling. But people like story telling.
    Imagine I wear jeans and a turtleneck and I decide to make a slider; will I sell it as a slider ?
    No, I'll sell it as an innovation; "our new vision", with a brand new name, disruptive.
    "It's your new device control extension that will bring an amazing experience, offered at no extra cost.
    This is the amazing Priv (wait, slide, open) and this is the BlackBoard : your fingers are agile again"

(and then I woke up, my dog need a walk lol)
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-10-15 10:18 AM
    The picture here is story telling. But people like story telling.
    Imagine I wear jeans and a turtleneck and I decide to make a slider; will I sell it as a slider ?
    No, I'll sell it as an innovation; "our new vision", with a brand new name, disruptive.
    "It's your new device control extension that will bring an amazing experience, offered at no extra cost.
    This is the amazing Priv (wait, slide, open) and this is the BlackBoard : your fingers are agile again"

(and then I woke up, my dog need a walk lol)
    Apple does is best, .... right?

But as you've shown, it can be easily copied, lol. The magic ingredient is excitement and focus on usability, and not tech specs or single features...

:-D

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-11-15 08:07 PM