BlackBerry needs to work not on having flashy and eye catching commercials for the phones. That is not their main problem.

Their biggest problem is their branding(or just plain reality). They have failed to deliver on promises again and again. What is important now is for them to build up trust and show that they are a reliable and believable company. If something don't work, show that you can come up with a solution quickly. And also, provide some extras as a good will gesture.

E.g. They tried to bring bb10 to playbook and it failed. I believe that they tried. But when it didn't work, they should have just released a major update in the alternative!

Even before the sale of the company, people's perception of them were that, they always fail to deliver.

Look at Apple, despite all the "flaws" /security problems, they get away with it. Because they have shown that they respond quick to such feedback.

BBM is just 1 app, when you think about it. And it is still not yet fixed after 1 week!!! Now that will drive and even worse impression in those non BlackBerry users (and us too) of the company.

Where is the TRUST, bod!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:00 PM
    I didn't buy my Z10 or Q10 for the apps. I bought them ... well I don't know why I bought them I just did. LOL
    09-27-13 08:05 PM
    BlackBerry needs to work not on having flashy and eye catching commercials for the phones. That is not their main problem.

Their biggest problem is their branding(or just plain reality). They have failed to deliver on promises again and again. What is important now is for them to build up trust and show that they are a reliable and believable company. If something don't work, show that you can come up with a solution quickly. And also, provide some extras as a good will gesture.

E.g. They tried to bring bb10 to playbook and it failed. I believe that they tried. But when it didn't work, they should have just released a major update in the alternative!

Even before the sale of the company, people's perception of them were that, they always fail to deliver.

Look at Apple, despite all the "flaws" /security problems, they get away with it. Because they have shown that they respond quick to such feedback.

BBM is just 1 app, when you think about it. And it is still not yet fixed after 1 week!!! Now that will drive and even worse impression in those non BlackBerry users (and us too) of the company.

Where is the TRUST, bod!

Posted via CB10
    It's been mentioned a few times on here. More negative press for BlackBerry, today. So, with a potential new owner, hopefully, we will see other well-needed changes as well.......maybe.
    09-27-13 08:08 PM