Yes or No
    03-25-16 01:25 PM
    No. Chen was brought on as CEO to save BlackBerry, the company... not BB10. He is doing the job that he was hired to do.
    03-25-16 01:36 PM
    Time to sack this thread. This thought has been regurgitated here for over a year and guess what? Chen continues to serve at the pleasure of the board of directors.

In case you missed it, here it is one more time. Chen was brought in to save BlackBerry, the company, not save BB10 the operating system.

Posted via CB10
    david7saad, JeepBB, TGR1 and 6 others like this.
    03-25-16 01:47 PM
    QNX is doing very well. Why should he go?
    03-25-16 01:51 PM
    Some just don't remember where BlackBerry was when Chen came on board.

I think BlackBerry without hardware has been on the table from the time he started. His biggest obstacle has really been that BlackBerry's software business was in much worse shape than anyone taught. He's had to go out and buy a software business, as things like BES, BBM, Channels, IoT and other projects have been either too slow to develop, or have just failed.
    Deckard79, JeepBB, gugomat and 4 others like this.
    03-25-16 01:52 PM
    Chen can't force people to buy BlackBerry 10 devices. The lack of apps on BlackBerry 10 has ruined it's success. Earnings report is on Friday we will find out what will happen to BlackBerry 10 I believe by then.

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    03-25-16 02:15 PM
    Some people are just stuck with their BB10-colored glasses on, and cannot see reality.
    03-25-16 03:00 PM
    Some people are just stuck with their BB10-colored glasses on, and cannot see reality.
    I agree with you Denise. I am a big BlackBerry fan and have owned 4 BlackBerry 10 devices. But the writing is on the wall. Will keep using my Q10, till it's unusable.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 03:24 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-25-16 03:27 PM
    I have had 6 BB10 devices. I can see that there will be no more new BB10s.
    Laura Knotek, JeepBB and web99 like this.
    03-25-16 03:36 PM
    I don't feel sad for John Chen. If he was hired to transition BlackBerry to a software company, he'll be well compensated. And remember he's done this at other companies.
    But if you're a device consumer, rooting for Chen is like being the turkey who doesn't blame for farmer on Thanksgiving, when your necks on the block.

Posted via CB10
    heepman and Batibreaker like this.
    03-25-16 06:17 PM
    I root for John Chen. He is taking the heat for the mess that the previous CEOs left behind.
    JeepBB, Jay Wright2, web99 and 2 others like this.
    03-25-16 06:56 PM
    No. He saved the company from death and now has it moving in a better direction.

Yes, he should hire a proper PR firm. Other than that, though, I think he's doing as well as anyone else who would take that job would do.
    JeepBB, Ronindan and web99 like this.
    03-25-16 07:00 PM
    Yes and no. I have mixed feelings. Seeing the video of Chen failing to properly operate the Priv prototype shows how disconnected he is with the handset division. It's like he really doesn't care about hardware anymore..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 03:59 AM
    It's like he really doesn't care about hardware anymore..
    *** NEWSFLASH ***

He doesn't.

BlackBerry, under John Chen, have a declared intent to become a Software & Services company.
    03-26-16 05:36 AM
    No. He saved the company from death and now has it moving in a better direction.

Yes, he should hire a proper PR firm. Other than that, though, I think he's doing as well as anyone else who would take that job would do.
    He did hire a great PR, or have you not noticed how much BlackBerry has been in the press over the last two years. Chen and BlackBerry get a lot of positive press. Anyone who thinks this type of coverage is cheap has not worked with the tech press.

The two years before Chen the press was really bad for Mike and Jim and let's not even mention Thor and the press.
    03-26-16 01:48 PM
    *** NEWSFLASH ***

He doesn't.

BlackBerry, under John Chen, have a declared intent to become a Software & Services company.
    Here comes that one person who thinks he knows more than what Chen knows lol. You're saying something that isn't even confirmed nor is it announced by Chen, hence the word you used was "intent".

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-26-16 02:19 PM
    Here comes that one person who thinks he knows more than what Chen knows lol. You're saying something that isn't even confirmed nor is it announced by Chen, hence the word you used was "intent".

Posted via CB10
    Well, it's not like any of the numerous purchases over the last two years have been for hardware--they were all software related.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-26-16 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's like a mega-vitamin of wrongness.
    Quite impressive really.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-26-16 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Didn't we do this already?

I do know what Chen intends for BB because he has ISSUED REPEATED STATEMENTS WHERE HE SAYS WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO!

You can continue to frolic with unicorns and continue to ignore the reality of Chen's words, but no amount of "positive thinking" will affect the outcome. Chen *has* decided where the future of BB lies. Chen *has* told everyone where he's heading. You putting your fingers in your ears and thinking positively about BB10 won't affect the outcome.

BB will *never* confirm nor announce that it is done with BB10 or that there will be no further BB10 phones while there is remaining inventory to sell. What is it about this commercial common sense act that appears too difficult for you to understand?

As I said earlier, your enthusiasm for BB10 is commendable. It's your grasp on reality and comprehension of BB's statements on the future of BB10 that I question.
    TGR1 likes this.
    03-26-16 02:42 PM
    Didn't we do this already?

I do know what Chen intends for BB because he has ISSUED REPEATED STATEMENTS WHERE HE SAYS WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO!

You can continue to frolic with unicorns and continue to ignore the reality of Chen's words, but no amount of "positive thinking" will affect the outcome. Chen *has* decided where the future of BB lies. Chen *has* told everyone where he's heading. You putting your fingers in your ears and thinking positively about BB10 won't affect the outcome.

BB will *never* confirm nor announce that it is done with BB10 or that there will be no further BB10 phones while there is remaining inventory to sell. What is it about this commercial common sense act that appears too difficult for you to understand?

As I said earlier, your enthusiasm for BB10 is commendable. It's your grasp on reality and comprehension of BB's statements on the future of BB10 that I question.
    I never said you're wrong, but it's quite early to jump the gun. I mean nothing is definite now but you talk as if you know exactly what's gonna happen. That's why let's stick with the word you just used, "intent".

And again, what is it with you and BB10? When have I even mentioned anything about BB10? BlackBerry is more than BB10. At this point I'm waiting for them to bring out android phones, not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:50 PM
    Well, it's not like any of the numerous purchases over the last two years have been for hardware--they were all software related.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and I agree! But that was all before BlackBerry shifted their focus on Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:51 PM
    I never said you're wrong, but it's quite early to jump the gun. I mean nothing is definite now but you talk as if you know exactly what's gonna happen. That's why let's stick with the word you just used, "intent".

And again, what is it with you and BB10? When have I even mentioned anything about BB10? BlackBerry is more than BB10. At this point I'm waiting for them to bring out android phones, not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    The sales figures due in less than a week will determine how likely it is you'll see another Android (or any) phone from BB. And, yes, Chen has spoken publicly on that too - clairvoyance is not required.

Chen has said that he needs sales of 5M/year for hardware to break-even. He's also said that he won't keep hardware if it isn't profitable. He's also said that he will reach the decision on the future of hardware within this year.

How's that for 'intent'?

Am I maybe typing too fast for you... ?
    03-26-16 02:59 PM
    Time to sack this thread. This thought has been regurgitated here for over a year and guess what? Chen continues to serve at the pleasure of the board of directors.

In case you missed it, here it is one more time. Chen was brought in to save BlackBerry, the company, not save BB10 the operating system.

Posted via CB10
    And for what it's worth, he has a pretty high approval rating on Glassdoor among current and former employees,

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Wo...9091.11,21.htm
    03-26-16 03:03 PM
    The sales figures due in less than a week will determine how likely it is you'll see another Android (or any) phone from BB. And, yes, Chen has spoken publicly on that too - clairvoyance is not required.

Chen has said that he needs sales of 5M/year for hardware to break-even. He's also said that he won't keep hardware if it isn't profitable. He's also said that he will reach the decision on the future of hardware within this year.

How's that for 'intent'?

Am I maybe typing too fast for you... ?
    We'll see what he has to say! I remember when everyone was saying the same thing about Nintendo going all software because their latest hardware failed miserably. Look at them now, they're on their way on producing another great hardware.

I don't think BlackBerry will quit with Android so soon. I mean they just entered. It took Samsung many years to perfect their hardware and software and they STILL miss a lot of things. It would be weak of BlackBerry to just quit after one device, when reviews have all said the Priv is great for a first android attempt. So let's wait and see!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 03:59 PM
78 123 ...