BlackBerry?s Best Hope Is Without BlackBerrys" - BlackBerry’s Best Hope Is Without BlackBerrys - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:49 PM
    We shall see.
    Thanks for the link to the article.
    11-07-13 03:52 PM
    Hope it's not true. Need one heck of a turn around in sales for it not to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:58 PM
    Mr. Chen just said in the crackberry interview:

"Kevin: Well I’m glad I’m not going to ask you about handsets in my question next then… [ Laughter ]

John: I have to say this Kevin, and you know this very well... what is BlackBerry without the device? The question is, can we do more in that? It’s not about let’s not do this and do that. Sometimes it’s not business sensible to make those statements."

Blackberry is one great combination of hardware+software, no wonder Apple advice them to throw away hardware business...they would remain the only one to do that combination.
    What would Blackberry be without hardware? It would still need a manufacturer, at least sell the licence for BB10 because i can't imagine such a great OS being abandoned... and for what?
    Blackberry is still ahead of a giant like Microsoft and its Windows Phones in the USA, and they made everything to screw it in the USA (marketing near zero).
    Just put the devices in the consumers' hands, demonstrate what BB10 can do better than iOS and Android.
    Maybe find a partnership with some great manufacturers like Sony would be a good option, or even a more 'cheaper' manufacturer to assure competitiveness in the prices' war about to come in smartphone business, but they can't just exit the smartphone business..not now! After BB7 i would have understood, too dated and not designed with consumers' priorities in mind.
    But now that BB10 shows so many good things it would be an heresy.
    KMan4444 and Dude_9 like this.
    11-07-13 04:37 PM
    License production of handsets to Lenovo or asus. Use their channels, etc

Posted from BlackBerry Z10
    11-09-13 10:47 AM
    License production of handsets to Lenovo or asus. Use their channels, etc
    Impossible for ASUS; they're an Android OHA member, so they're prohibited from making BB10 phones (which contain non-certified Android code). I'm not sure if Lenovo is in the OHA, though.
    11-09-13 03:56 PM
    Do a deal with HTC - and allow BB10 on HTC One's please!
    11-09-13 03:58 PM
    Just curious; why Android OHA members are prohibited from making BB10 phones. HTC is also a member. But they make Windows phones.
    11-09-13 04:11 PM
    So does Samsung! Some of the smaller made weird deals to get an OS on their devices. Kinda like the stupid deal Sprint made with Apple. Lenovo may not be an option since the Canadian Government won't allow them in on saving BlackBerry so I doubt they would give on Lenovo creating the devices for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:34 PM