We are taking revenue here not earnings...I have never seen any CEO survive that... With Prem at helm, I don't think this will be an exception..The only reason Prem invested in BBRY was because of Mike...I am very confident that he will be back...I wish they can bring back Jim B and together they focus on their core...enterprise and security...make a great comeback story.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:46 PM
    We are taking revenue here not earnings...I have never seen any CEO survive that... With Prem at helm, I don't think this will be an exception..The only reason Prem invested in BBRY was because of Mike...I am very confident that he will be back...I wish they can bring back Jim B and together they focus on their core...enterprise and security...make a great comeback story.

Posted via CB10
    We really don't want Jim B. back. Really. I think he was the individual most responsible for the culture of arrogance and hubris at RIM. He may be brilliant in his way. Lots of psychopaths are.

I think there's a place for Mike L, sure. He's a thoughtful guy with a brilliant tech mind. I think he had a kind of a narrow notion of what he wanted BlackBerry to be, and that helped paint them into the corner they're in now, but I also think he's capable of trusting the people he needs to trust to lead them out too. We'll just have to see.
    aha and milo53 like this.
    10-01-13 11:59 PM
    I don't agree success of a CEO is based on revenues. It is dependent on his/her vision, strategy, resources and back-up from his human capital team!the point here is the market. To approach the market the product needs to cater to the needs and expectations of the consumer. This business is is consumer based. Prem is looking at enterprise solutions. Not bad but then the entire organisation needs to be made lean and all top heavy people sent packing home!

Posted using my Q10
    10-02-13 12:09 AM
    The world according to RIM/Blackberry, heavely over-compensate all executives, have them do nothing, then fire the engineers and other loyal employees. PW and the BOD seem to follow this path. Maybe if it's done over and over again, it will succeed. This is the definition of?
    10-02-13 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are kidding?
    10-02-13 12:22 AM
    You are kidding?
    What are you talking about...40% decline in Revenue...He should resign himself...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:12 AM
    He was hired to tank the company to take private, get BB10 out and slash jobs. Mission accomplished!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-02-13 06:24 AM
    Was that a plot behind the whole thing?
    10-02-13 06:27 AM
    The world according to RIM/Blackberry, heavely over-compensate all executives, have them do nothing, then fire the engineers and other loyal employees. PW and the BOD seem to follow this path. Maybe if it's done over and over again, it will succeed. This is the definition of?
    PW doesn't own the company yet. Would like to see JB back though.
    10-02-13 06:33 AM
    What are you talking about...40% decline in Revenue...He should resign himself...

Posted via CB10
    What don't you understand that most of that probably from declining BIS income because bb10 doesn't need it. No matter who the CEO was this decline would happen anyway, or not?
    10-02-13 06:35 AM
    What don't you understand that most of that probably from declining BIS income because bb10 doesn't need it. No matter who the CEO was this decline would happen anyway, or not?
    You are telling me this was expected !!! 40% decline...that will be the biggest suicide in corporate history

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:45 AM
    Rogers Another failure...This guy should resign asap.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:03 PM
    Rogers Another failure...This guy should resign asap.

Posted via CB10
    Hiens was not born to run BlackBerry, if he is allowed to continue to run BlackBerry, he is run it to the ground, believe it or not. He has no vision and cannot even keep his promise in the first place.
    xBURK likes this.
    10-04-13 05:18 PM
    40% decline in revenue is disastrous in any business. This is even worse for a public company as people will demand some retribution.

Honestly Heins isn't the leader I thought he would be. His results show that he isn't capable. He's pricing BBRY out of competition and neglecting his loyal customer base.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    10-04-13 09:02 PM
    Shareholders should demand Heins to resign immediately without any condition.
    10-04-13 10:14 PM
    Shareholders should demand Heins to resign immediately without any condition.
    Unless health concerns are involved, that'll never happen.
    10-05-13 08:18 AM
    Unless health concerns are involved, that'll never happen.
    What are you talking about...He is gone the day Prem takes it Private...Worst CEO in the history.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:24 AM
    He is gone the day Prem takes it Private...Worst CEO in the history.
    That's possible but he would never walk away from $55 million before that happens. Anybody who thinks that's a remote possibility is dreaming in Technicolor
    10-05-13 11:26 AM
    That's possible but he would never walk away from $55 million before that happens. Anybody who thinks that's a remote possibility is dreaming in Technicolor
    That will be salt on shareholders wound...but no one will feel more pain than Prem Watsa...after all he is the biggest loser so far....ironically he structured that deal.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chicago777Guy; 10-05-13 at 12:26 PM.
    10-05-13 12:10 PM
    Doesn't matter if you think he is right for the job or not. It's the failed numbers and failed relationships that should produce a pink slip . Yes, he has to go now.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:06 PM
    He did a great job building BB10 but the sales and execution of BB10 Was brutal.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:27 AM