BBOS, BlackBerry Tablet OS (PlayBook), BB10, Android...

What do you think the next BlackBerry OS will be? MIUI? Sailfish? Tizen? iOS? Windows? Symbian?
    12-05-15 09:47 AM
    BB7, BlackBerry Tablet OS (PlayBook), BB10, Android...

What do you think the next BlackBerry OS will be? MIUI? Sailfish? Tizen? iOS? Windows? Symbian?
    There won't be another OS. They already had a good one and are dropping it.
    Asvertus and jsmith00075 like this.
    12-05-15 09:50 AM
    I tend to agree - BB don't have the time, money, or (probably) the inclination to develop/adopt another OS. It's Android or bust from now on.

BB10 will probably continue for years to come as an enthusiast platform. I keep reading here that BB10 is the best out-of-the-box OS and doesn't need Apps or further updates. So, if that's true, it's good to go for years.
    12-05-15 10:30 AM
    BlackBerry did not drop the OS. The buying public did. BlackBerry is simply doing what any smart business would so. They are appealing to what the majority wants.

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    12-05-15 01:35 PM
    BBOS, BlackBerry Tablet OS (PlayBook), BB10, Android...

Oh I know this one... It's got a hypervisor right?
    JeepBB and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    12-05-15 03:48 PM
    BlackBerry did not drop the OS. The buying public did. BlackBerry is simply doing what any smart business would so. They are appealing to what the majority wants.

Posted via CB10
    We will see how much money BlackBerry makes on Android. Won't be much and probably a loss. Then what? The masses want a cheap phone with lots of apps that are free. How is it smart business to target that market?
    KAM1138 and anon(9188202) like this.
    12-05-15 04:01 PM
    Hello,

It isn't a smart business decision to enter into a market of cheap phones with a premium priced product if your name and Brand is a joke.
    'Me too' business plans work when you are able to bring in cheaper devices and reach more customers.

That is not BlackBerry.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:54 PM
    Hello,

It isn't a smart business decision to enter into a market of cheap phones with a premium priced product if your name and Brand is a joke.
    'Me too' business plans work when you are able to bring in cheaper devices and reach more customers.

That is not BlackBerry.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    Right now, they bring little to the table for me to use their products. It used to be that I always used BlackBerry products because they set themselves above the rest. Now they are just doing the "Me Too" and moved from the we don't need apps because we have a browser to we don't need apps cause someone else will develop them for us. Meanwhile back at the farm, there is not much progressing in terms of Enterprise. They are shutting down BBM Meetings and they had to purchase Good as an admission that their cross platform offering BES12 wasn't good enough to compete so they had to buy something else to offer. They also bought a company so they could have dual soft SIMs. So where is that now? Nowhere in sight. When I talk to the people I know at BlackBerry, they don't seem to understand what market they are in consumer or Android. They are just shooting darts at a map to pick the next plan and hopefully that one works. They don't have any support anymore for sales and using DR has a marketing/support disaster. They are slowly making themselves irrelevant.
    anon(9188202) and KAM1138 like this.
    12-05-15 05:48 PM
    BlackBerry may have already clenched the Guinness Book of World Records for number of OS's used by one mobile device manufacturer in four years, but other Guinness record holders have gone the extra mile to ensure their record stands the test of time. Don't give up, BlackBerry, more OS's, please!

Posted via CB10 with my awsome Passport
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-05-15 08:11 PM
    We will see how much money BlackBerry makes on Android. Won't be much and probably a loss. Then what? The masses want a cheap phone with lots of apps that are free. How is it smart business to target that market?
    Granted that they may not make much money on Android, but that is still yet to be determined. Business wise, it is worth the chance. BB10 for three years has proven to be a looser. Do you want them to still throwing good money after it?

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    12-05-15 08:15 PM
    Granted that they may not make much money on Android, but that is still yet to be determined. Business wise, it is worth the chance. BB10 for three years has proven to be a looser. Do you want them to still throwing good money after it?

Posted via CB10
    It could and can be managed better. They will still loose money on Android. I think that BB10 could have been a niche product, but they only had dreams of the glory days which was unrealistic. That is why they lost money on the Z10.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    12-05-15 09:15 PM
    It could and can be managed better. They will still loose money on Android. I think that BB10 could have been a niche product, but they only had dreams of the glory days which was unrealistic. That is why they lost money on the Z10.
    Investors always want the glory days and more.
    Its tough to tell them otherwise.
    12-05-15 09:22 PM
    I think if Chen came in earlier and got the inventory management straight, then I think blackberry could of stayed the course with bb10. However, is clear that soon as Chen came in the game plan was android and to use the release of the passport and classic to straighten out the inventory process.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 11:07 PM
    BlackBerry may have already clenched the Guinness Book of World Records for number of OS's used by one mobile device manufacturer in four years, but other Guinness record holders have gone the extra mile to ensure their record stands the test of time. Don't give up, BlackBerry, more OS's, please!

Posted via CB10 with my awsome Passport
    Symbian... Meego... Nokia X... Windows Phone 7/8/10... :-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    12-06-15 05:41 PM
    I think if Chen came in earlier and got the inventory management straight, then I think blackberry could of stayed the course with bb10. However, is clear that soon as Chen came in the game plan was android and to use the release of the passport and classic to straighten out the inventory process.

Posted via CB10
    Chen would have needed to take over in 2008 or 2009 because that is when Blackberry lost the war, developing and releasing a successor to BBOS that could compete with iOS and Android way too late.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    12-08-15 10:28 PM
    Chen would have needed to take over in 2008 or 2009 because that is when Blackberry lost the war, developing and releasing a successor to BBOS that could compete with iOS and Android way too late.
    I remembered one of my friends came back from USA and he brought T-Mobile G1 with Android 1.6 with him ... LoL ... never thought that the green robot went to claim 80% global smartphone marketshare
    12-11-15 11:15 AM
    Dropping? What? BB10? Get your head out of the gutter. They ain't dropping BB10.

Rocking a Z30
    12-12-15 10:57 AM
    Dropping? What? BB10? Get your head out of the gutter. They ain't dropping BB10.

Rocking a Z30
    They already put BB10 in maintenance mode and are going to "support" existing phones with patches. 10.3.3 and maybe 10.3.4, but development has stopped and no new BB10 phones are being planned. So your phone will continue to work for the most part (until they drop another service) for the next few years, but it isn't going forward in terms of features and new technologies. So yes, they are dropping it.

Please tell us how BlackBerry is going to continue forward with BB10?
    12-12-15 11:04 AM
    What are you basing your knowledge on that BB10 development has stopped?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:48 AM