Okay. BlackBerry has a new start. New CEO too.
    The new focus should be on developing the best business class phones on the planet. Stable. Secure. Reliable. Full suite of software. Easy to use.
    No games. No angry birds. Let the others have that market. Clean up the BlackBerry App World.
    Sure..they might be $1000 plus phones but businesses, the military, the government and discriminating consumers will buy them.
    Get rid of the toy apps. Pure business and add lots of more business functionality.
    In other words best in class. And no games.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:48 PM
    Dude, you would lose me as a user with that strategy.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:51 PM
    And go back to 2007... yeah that worked well.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:00 PM
    Why would you want to do that?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:15 PM
    Stupid idea. Thanks but no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    11-04-13 06:19 PM
    Business's aren't interested in paying more for phones then the general public.

They're cheap, notice how long they take to replace what is working fine?

Also, when they place an order for 10, or a 100 or 1000 phones, they want a deal. It's called buying power.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-04-13 06:21 PM
    Yeah....
    Great plan....
    (shaking head)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:22 PM
    No thanks

Posted from my Z30
    11-04-13 06:24 PM
    Well, it's an idea
    11-04-13 06:25 PM
    Umm, where is the dislike button? No way that plan could work. BlackBerry really would be dead if that plan was followed.
    11-04-13 06:29 PM
    No games. No angry birds.
    Uh.. no thanks! Recall BlackBerry old slogan - tools not toys? Remember how well that worked out?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:31 PM
    In other words, drive BlackBerry to bankruptcy with a quickness.
    11-04-13 06:32 PM
    I think I'll just use a flip phone and a work issued laptop instead...
    11-04-13 06:37 PM
    Get better devices out, benchmarking on Z10. No more Q10 without trackpad, Cheapish Z10 etc

Jakarta, Indonesia
    11-04-13 06:48 PM
    Maybe after a few solid years of revenue growth. Then release a specialized line of supper high end "business phones". Throwing out your current revenue now would be throwing away good money to build a future on. We know even $1 billion injected cash won't last a very long time. Advertisement is expensive and that's what they need.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:54 PM
    Kill the hardware, see if you can license os to someone that can make hardware, cut staff, rent out office space of billion dollars worth of real estate, push enterprise and bring device to device encryption with private keys to bbm and sell the app to people not give it away. Make sure you are the most secure os available for everyone that is your market.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:58 PM
    Kill the hardware, see if you can license os to someone that can make hardware, cut staff, rent out office space of billion dollars worth of real estate, push enterprise and bring device to device encryption with private keys to bbm and sell the app to people not give it away. Make sure you are the most secure os available for everyone that is your market.

Posted via CB10
    I am pretty sure this past year they have been open to any solution and no one approached BlackBerry...so I doub't they would get anyone to license their OS now...so i don't think at this point it is an option
    11-04-13 07:02 PM
    The answer is this!

$1 Billion is additional cash to spend...SPEND IT!!! use it to get the top apps which can help sell devices...and use it to MARKET and ADVERTISE properly!! SPEND THE MONEY!
    11-04-13 07:03 PM
    The new focus should be on developing the best business class phones on the planet. Stable. Secure. Reliable. Full suite of software. Easy to use.
    No games. No angry birds. Let the others have that market. Clean up the BlackBerry App World.
    Sure..they might be $1000 plus phones but businesses, the military, the government and discriminating consumers will buy them.
    Get rid of the toy apps. Pure business and add lots of more business functionality.

Posted via CB10
    There is some merit to it. It will be super luxury phone compared to the iPhone.
    11-04-13 07:08 PM
    Your way of the mark...your idea is what got BlackBerry where it is today. I purchased a smartphone ,Z 10,phone because of the ability to have everything that my desktop, laptop has to offer but I have the privilege to carry this amazing piece of technology in my back pocket.
    Your concept denies thousands of people the opportunity to use such a wonderful user interface that the Z10 offers.
    Let the user decided what they want to install on there device...why would you want to turn your back on such a flourishing market.
    BlackBerry should definitely continue to grow it business market, but should never close the door on the biggest consumer gadget of our time

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:17 PM
    Blackberry is not Sybase. Repeat.
    11-04-13 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    What business wants $1000 phones? The street pharmacist business?

The rest of your "brainstorm", the term being used loosely, doesn't appear to be a brainstorm at all, but parroting more of the same mantra "Tools not Toys".

This hasn't worked. Would be nice if this would sink in.
    11-04-13 07:29 PM
    Lol this is how we re going to go under with this plan
    11-04-13 07:34 PM
    Just read that the new interim ceo will focuse on software and services vice hardware

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    11-04-13 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only strategy is to get rid of the hardware which is causing massive losses
    11-04-13 08:03 PM
42 12