"BlackBerry didn't lose a single user until 2013."

Now I know that is patently false. I rode BlackBerry from December of 2008 until March of 2012. Curve, Tour, and Style. 3 years and 4 months. Loved my BlackBerrys, but in March of 2012, Major League Baseball excluded BBOS from their app, right up until the last minute.

I danced around it, do I, don't I, what do I do?

As the season approached, I finally decided to leave BB, because of baseball. I knew plenty of other people that were transitioning to iOS and Android, as well. I transitioned to Android after looking at both ecosystems.

The transition ended up being necessary, as my carrier didn't order any BB10 phones. My last chance was the 9930, but giving up listening to a season's worth of my team just wasn't an option.

Now, to remove all doubt about my claim, other than my own anecdotal evidence, I direct your attention to a very old stickied thread that sprang to life in 2009.

https://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/switching-blackberry-another-device-post-here-do-not-start-new-thread-260887/index49.html
    So Major League Baseball Killed BB10? I knew it!
    04-11-19 01:53 AM
    Netflix, Hulu... and so many other streaming service too.

Back then with our tiny screens and 250MB data plans... not sure we really envisioned this new world.
    04-11-19 09:07 AM
    So Major League Baseball Killed BB10? I knew it!
    Killed it for me. And there was no turning back once I went to the Dark Side. Kept my BlackBerry Style until it burned up in 2014, though. No, the phone didn't explode, it burned in a truck fire.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-16-19 at 12:42 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-11-19 09:20 PM
    Killed it for me. And there was no turning back once I went to the Dark Side. Kept my BlackBerry Style until it burned up in 2014, though. No, the phone didn't explode, it burned in a truck fire.
    It burned up your truck....
    04-26-19 01:35 PM
    the frustration Android isnt from the OS, its from using the Soft Keyboard cause bb users type a lot.

I write concepts and play emulators (as most android games don't use keyboard)...I have only own Keyboard Android phones (All landsliders) and can vouch they are better than other Keyboard device due to their small size and various keys.

On top of that cause Android is root able some apps can allow greater control with the keyboard...like Hotkeys...something I heard QNX devs didn't add in.

the next phone everyone will being moving on to is F(x)Tec Pro1...cause Blackberry is following the market again (Z10 all over again) and Chen wants a BBold in 2018...so yeah, ABANDON SHIP
    05-15-19 12:35 AM
180 ... 678