1. Upgrade Z30 to come with Linux/Windows that will be used when a device (display + keyboard) is plugged to the phone.

'The notebook is dead, long live the notebook!'

2. Buy www.britannica.com and provide free access to anyone with a BB device (Wikipedia is the 6th most visited website, so you can see what I am getting at).

3. License BB10 to Chinese/Indian companies that can sell only to the respective markets (lose 2 billion customers but can you imagine the 'stampede' to create apps for BB10, no more of 'there aren't apps for BlackBerry')

4. Make the cheapest e-reader that works with only BB. No charger, no big storage, after all you can read only one book at a given tim, and other no's just to make it as cheap as possible.

5. Other sillier ideas that I cannot bring myself writing them.

http://www.theskepticalinvestor.net/...nd-amazon.html
    10-20-13 11:18 PM
    Order me a free Bugatti...and you pay for it (another silly idea)
    1. Upgrade Z30 to come with Linux/Windows that will be used when a device (display + keyboard) is plugged to the phone.

2. Buy www.britannica.com and provide free access to anyone with a BB device (Wikipedia is the 6th most visited website, so you can see what I am getting at).

3. License BB10 to Chinese/Indian companies that can sell only to the respective markets (lose 2 billion customers but can you imagine the 'stampede' to create apps for BB10, no more of 'there aren't apps for BlackBerry')

4. Make the cheapest e-reader that works with only BB. No charger, no big storage, after all you can read only one book at a given tim, and other no's just to make it as cheap as possible.

The Skeptical Investor: Postcards to BB, Dell, and HP, and Amazon, and Cerberus
    10-21-13 01:18 AM
    Order me a free Bugatti...and you pay for it (another silly idea)
    Instead of wasting space, why don't you at least attempt to counter some of the silly ideas?
    10-21-13 02:07 AM

2. Buy Encyclopedia Britannica and provide free access to anyone with a BB device (Wikipedia is the 6th most visited website, so you can see what I am getting at).

The Skeptical Investor: Postcards to BB, Dell, and HP, and Amazon, and Cerberus
    None of these ideas are good in practice. All too exclusive.

1) Linux for use with tablet is very niche and Windows licensing would be prohibitively expensive.

2) Traffic on Wikipedia is fine but irrelevant or even detrimental to traffic to britannica. Wasted resources buying and *maintaining* websites that would draw very little traffic or ad interest.

3) There is no data to support your contention that licensing BB10 to certain markets, in and of itself, will lead to any kind of increase in developer interest.

4) Worst of the bunch. How are you charging without a charger? Unless you require tethering wireless uses a lot of power and is slow. By allowing only one book at a time you are forcing frequent downloads. If you require tethering, and only the one book, that is the least portable e-reader ever and useless for trips.
    10-21-13 09:05 AM