I am not whiny, just a little shocked they are moving backwards. Why on earth put a cheap z3 out? Do you honestly think people will buy it?? I can pretty much guarantee its a flop. And q20? Q10 didn't sell well at all, so what makes jc think it will fly? I'm just curious. To me that's crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Well thats why jc is CEO and well, you are not.

AmaZ30ed
    03-27-14 03:46 PM
    Useless rant. The Z10 performs excellent after 1 year of using this device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Exactly! The numbers game is for Android folks. On that platform, the better the specs, it's likely you will get a better performance. BlackBerry, and for that matter Apple and Microsoft/Nokia, don't have to play that angle because their OS's are reasonably optimized for performance on their hardware.

I think BB10 as it is right now is making best use of the Z10's hardware. Till date, I've never gone over 1.3 GB of RAM usage, and that ensures that the updates to come for a long time will be good for my Z10. The OP just doesn't get it.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.2.1.2156
    03-27-14 03:54 PM
    Is it wrong that I read JC as "Jesus Christ" as in the Saviour???

BlackBerry's biggest sales are from the "Mid Market" which Nokia is starting to drive into full force, and BlackBerry only supplies through legacy O/S devices. BB should have been in that market from the start...

The Z3 is not a downgrade, it's substituting the 9870 (or whatever that last BB7 device was)
    03-27-14 04:34 PM
    Moved to Armchair.
    03-28-14 12:52 AM
    OK I'll reply:
    1. Holy hell slow on new devices! And all you can come up with is a cheap z3? Come on! Get it together! Then you have a q20? Also another phone that won't sell nearly enough devices to get out of the hole we are in.
    Apple releases 1 device a year, so device releases don't matter. I can't wait until the Q20 comes out. It's gonna be my next work phone!

2. Z10 is a year old now and it has the specs of a 2012 model cheap phone. Then we have maybe a z50 that by the time it comes out some other company will already have it out.
    Doesn't matter about specs. Did you try the new 10.3 browser? Probably the fastest on the market period.

3. You have no carrier support to speak of at all. Please wake up, your ship is sailing
    Half true, no carrier support but the ship has already sailed.
    03-28-14 12:59 AM
    *yawn* another one of these threads. What exactly is it that you want? If you don't want to use BlackBerry anymore then go. You want us to beg you to stay?

No. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:04 AM
    This is what the OP looked like to me:

kadsf;sdafjlkadsjlkfjlkadsfjlk hj dfalkhkjhwhinewhinewhine;jkdsfaoijc;lkxjlkdasfjads jf;ksjdf;klsfjaCarrier Support;ajsdf;lkjaslkdjfnlkajdsfblajkdsfbldskajfnk dasmflkasndflkjasndfkjnasdfknasdfm,xzcvnzcxmnoieru ewpqourocdvkm
    BB are working hard to get back into the game.

They're releasing 5 products this year...FIVE - three are high-end!

I'm going to get the Z3...it is an awesome backup phone! It will be awesome in the emerging markets where they want big screens but don't want to pay a lot.
    03-28-14 09:31 AM
    Lmao!!

Posted via CB10
    vagos2006 likes this.
    03-28-14 10:10 AM
    LoL!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    03-28-14 10:17 AM
    You are all eating crow, want some salt and pepper. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:19 AM
    For a company that has been wrote off and considered dead, I'm impressed that they are still here and representing- regardless of the steps taken while in survival mode. As far as the Qwerty devices, I'll stick with my Z. That's just me. Any other devices that I consider will always start with how's the battery life(not while in stand-by) vs. additional added features in my next smartphone. Not everyone is going to be happy, but, BlackBerry is also not for everyone while others change. @OP, good luck with whatever you choose next. Your rant is "your" point of view. Nothing most of us haven't seen before.......just different topic/device.
    03-28-14 10:50 AM
    Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30.... all within One year. Z3 then Q20, and some other full touch device to launch in 2014. I'm curious as to how frequent you feel devices should be released?

I feel your rant is not very well thought through.
    Are they actually going to release an all touch model other than the Z3? Because today's press release had me feeling otherwise. They were saying the next 3 devices would all be keyboard centric. I guess this could mean virtual keyboard too?

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    03-28-14 10:55 AM
    Bash me all you want but I think it's time for some truth. I'm really thinking of changing from BlackBerry. For a couple of reasons. 1. Holy hell slow on new devices! And all you can come up with is a cheap z3? Come on! Get it together! Then you have a q20? Also another phone that won't sell nearly enough devices to get out of the hole we are in. 2. Z10 is a year old now and it has the specs of a 2012 model cheap phone. Then we have maybe a z50 that by the time it comes out some other company will already have it out. 3. You have no carrier support to speak of at all. Please wake up, your ship is sailing

Posted via CB10
    The funny thing about your rant, and I don't want to make assumptions...

But...

If you wen't iphone, droid, windows phone, etc... I'm almost willing to guarantee that you wouldn't buy a new phone every year. If you were that pressed for having the latest and greatest from your phone company of choice. You could have bought 3-4 BB10 devices within the course of a year- how many of them do you have?
    03-28-14 10:56 AM
    Moved to Armchair.
    Rich,
    You're too kind.
    The recycle bin would have been more appropriate! (imo, of course!)

The OP has surely berried (pun intended) his head in the sand by now.
    Let's debate the color red some more!
    03-28-14 11:03 AM
    I'm not sure the OP was interested in lower-end devices like the Q5 or Z3. Those *are* new devices, but you could characterize them as stripped-down versions of existing devices. If you are a power-user who wants a physical keyboard, the Q10 is the only device BlackBerry has released in 2012, 2013, or 2014 that really suits you. And, a lot of people didn't like it. This is an issue!

I use a Z30 because I prefer the screen real estate for browsing and media and I don't mind typing on glass. But, as awesome as the Z30 is for listening to media and for battery life and screen size, it doesn't distinguish itself. There's not a must-have benefit that stops me from going with an Android or iPhone device. It's sort of a refined "me too" device without the ecosystem of its competitors and without the physical keyboard that is the differentiator for some BB users. Don't get me wrong, I love my Z30, but it's not the same kind of love I had for my first BlackBerry, which provided reliable push email when all other devices had inconsistent sync that was useless. In some ways, the Z10/Z30 just don't feel like flagships. It's like BlackBerry hasn't released flagship phones for years. Because, when you buy a new flagship phone, you've got the new tricks. But, the Z10/Z30 provide you with a really good version of what everyone else is doing; it's just not something that makes me better or more efficient than other devices the way a flagship BlackBerry used to...
    03-28-14 11:11 AM
    It's OK, all I said is there moving backwards. And today is some proof. Like I said idc what you think. I'm just gonna say one more thing since you have your panties in a bunch. Watch what happens to BlackBerry sales with keyboard phones and z3. The iPhone 6 will be out at the same time and sg5 and at least 4 other phones. Dumb move for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:18 AM
    So a successful company in apple releases one phone a year and it's brilliant yet BlackBerry has released four and it's not enough.....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:19 AM
    No, just common sense, don't put out phone that won't sell

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:27 AM
    No, just common sense, don't put out phone that won't sell

Posted via CB10
    Dude you are failing to make sense right now.. they were already behind and look at windows phone.. their route wasn't in the high end market. You sound like a troll right now with your "look at apple and Samsung "... clearly those companies are in better shape than BlackBerry not because of the work they've done the past 1 year but possibly 5-6 years of work backed up by constant marketing

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-28-14 11:36 AM
    Ok, so this is how it should be done Imo, put the z50 out first with octacore before anyone else to compete against others. Just doing backwards again. They should have put the z 30 out first and i believe they would have been a lot better off. That's all I'm saying. Be the innovator that BlackBerry can be.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:49 AM
    That's what I meant by to slow for devices BlackBerry needs to be the first then you will see sales.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:52 AM
    Honestly, there is no need for a new device right now.. not sure if you're aware of this, but the Z30 won the technobuffalo contest as the best phone out there..

Also, the Z3 is such a smart move for growth in emerging markets.. (It's not all about the north american/premium market)

The Z10 is over a year old and has cheap phone specs.. Well, i'm not sure if you're aware, but BB10 doesn't need 4GB of RAM to operate efficiently, it doesn't need Super HD Resoultions, it doesn't need any of those super specs that Android phones need because QNX IS SO EFFICIENT

Do your research as to why those phones were released with those specs, then make decisions.

One could also say, those super specs are not inexpensive to produce yet so it would only spur a loss in either revenue (less people buying due to high prices) or a loss of cash (taking a loss in each unit to price it right)
    03-28-14 11:54 AM
    SubCamp likes this.
    03-28-14 11:55 AM
    Ok, so this is how it should be done Imo, put the z50 out first with octacore before anyone else to compete against others. Just doing backwards again. They should have put the z 30 out first and i believe they would have been a lot better off. That's all I'm saying. Be the innovator that BlackBerry can be.

Posted via CB10
    Should have.. would have.. it's in the past. They were building from scratch. Made. Mistakes with price and perhaps under specing.... even though specs guarantee nothing

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-28-14 02:29 PM
    I like what you said there, now learn from there mistakes and put out the phone that will prevail. Knowing that the os 7 continues scrap the keyboard phones. Put there efforts into the z50. You can still have the z 3 for other countries. Time to stop burning money and get ahead of the other companies. Rush and release the z50 and that will convert sales to the + side and get BlackBerry ahead. Carriers will push sales because it would be the best phone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 03:32 PM
82 1234