Well not officially, but its a marketing idea I thought would be great publicity for the security giant.

As a marketing tool they should release a statement of sorts that has a headline reading "blackberry offers $100 000 to the person(s) who can successfully breach BB10 phone security"

The goal being to decrypt a secret message sent between 2 blackberry 10 phones. I think it would create a lot of positive buzz and show extreme confidence in their product (assuming its as hard as they make it seem to be to hack). In a society so worried about privacy and security it would certainly make big headlines and will affirm the company is healthy and here to stay.

Food for thought... What do you think?
    12-24-13 11:12 AM
    I think it's a solid idea, but the only problem is if someone does crack the security, then everything blackberry stands for security wise is useless

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:19 AM
    And if someone succeeds?

CB10'n it via da Z
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-24-13 11:19 AM
    Well I think the goal of the publicity stunt is to prove the effectiveness of blackberries mobile security umbrella; and rather not give out $100 000 haha
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-24-13 11:21 AM
    With these things there is always a chance that someone will actually be successful. It's not impossible, it's just hard. With the incentive you will have millions of people working on this and some will actually work together in order to win the prize.

I guess BlackBerry could do something like this to strengthen it's own system, then sign an NDA that would prevent the winner from disclosing the info about the breach.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    12-24-13 11:24 AM
    Chances are with $100,000 as a cash prize, you will find some hackers who will devote all their time to this and will succeed.
    12-24-13 11:25 AM
    With these things there is always a chance that someone will actually be successful. It's not impossible, it's just hard. With the incentive you will have millions of people working on this and some will actually work together in order to win the prize.

I guess BlackBerry could do something like this to strengthen it's own system, then sign an NDA that would prevent the winner from disclosing the info about the breach.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    I knew someone would come help pollish up the idea !
    12-24-13 11:27 AM
    Small print " only on official 10.2.1 software and not stl 1 " haha

Z30, a bit in the heavy side but the Carbonate beta case rocks!
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-24-13 11:28 AM
    And are these common user devices or BES devices?

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    12-24-13 11:47 AM
    And are these common user devices or BES devices?

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    The world is our oyster haha it can be what ever parameters we dream about
    12-24-13 03:35 PM
    Your headline is a lie. Why would you do that? For attention?
    You could have chosen many different ways to say that you have an idea for Blackberry (as bad as I think that idea is).
    Instead, you chose to write something that isn't true - for effect. Shame.
    I hate misleading/false headlines or titles to threads.

Further, this is neither news nor rumour. It is just your opinion or fantasy. It doesn't belong in this section.

This thread should be deleted.
    TGR1, stevenson232 and 20degrees like this.
    12-25-13 12:38 AM
    This is just a waste of money, thinking that BlackBerry had a $4.4B loss.

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-25-13 05:50 AM
    You could have chosen many different ways to say that you have an idea for Blackberry (as bad as I think that idea is).

Further, this is neither news nor rumour. It is just your opinion or fantasy. It doesn't belong in this section.

Lighten up you bitter, old clam!
    12-25-13 03:42 PM
    Well not officially, but its a marketing idea I thought would be great publicity for the security giant.

As a marketing tool they should release a statement of sorts that has a headline reading "blackberry offers $100 000 to the person(s) who can successfully breach BB10 phone security"

The goal being to decrypt a secret message sent between 2 blackberry 10 phones. I think it would create a lot of positive buzz and show extreme confidence in their product (assuming its as hard as they make it seem to be to hack). In a society so worried about privacy and security it would certainly make big headlines and will affirm the company is healthy and here to stay.

OMG they already do this through Certicom. This is done mostly every year at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:18 PM

Wow. Did you get divorce papers for Christmas? Lighten up dude...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 03:54 AM

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...pt/ujnviOuWJR4

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:20 AM
    terrible idea… because if they succeed, then thats more bad press.. and on top of that businesses will then have a solid reason to leave… and then blackberry ceases to make phones, then i have to concede to my friends that blackberry died and i made the wrong choice, and then my friends laugh at me, and i lose all my friends, and i slip into a deep depression and i have to buy an iPhone.. and we don't want that do we… ?? DO WEE???
    12-26-13 08:41 AM
    Bug bounty program slates $300K mobile hacking contest for Nov. - Computerworld.

2013 - PWN2OWN

Several others, but BlackBerry does participate in these, and has even been hacked before (2011 IIRC)
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    12-26-13 11:08 AM
    Better off using that money on app development.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:43 AM