Why don't they keep making Alcatel rebranded phones, and sell keyboard cases (that look good and work well aka no bluetooth/external battery to charge). It'd be a win-win! Pay for what you want, and only support a few devices. Maybe have keyboard cases for other phones?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 10:07 AM
    Why don't they keep making Alcatel rebranded phones, and sell keyboard cases (that look good and work well aka no bluetooth/external battery to charge). It'd be a win-win! Pay for what you want, and only support a few devices. Maybe have keyboard cases for other phones?
    Kudos for an idea that doesn't involve BlackBerry expecting somebody else to foot the bill!

It's not going to happen though. BB want out of Hardware, they are desperately looking for the exit, not looking for another niche in creating typo-style keyboard cases.

The Typo was a flop, and would have died a death even without BB suing... so, there's no profit for BB there anyway IMHO.
    10-22-16 10:33 AM
    Nah. I think it's time they left hardware completely. Even with this rebranding game they are now playing, you can see the influence of the old, greedy and clueless hardware team. All of those people need to be fired. They have no idea how to build successful hardware and certainly no idea how to market and price it properly.

If they started making keyboard cases, they would want to charge like $300 for them just because of the name BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 11:29 AM
    samsung has one of those cases for the galaxy series. I actually keep it in the back of my head for when the final death of the pkb arrives
    02-03-17 12:22 PM
    Are you referring to a flip case like ipads have with keyboard or that ugly diaper thing that slips on samsung phones?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-03-17 12:48 PM
    the ugly one, absolutely the ugly one
    02-03-17 01:11 PM
    Nah. I think it's time they left hardware completely. Even with this rebranding game they are now playing, you can see the influence of the old, greedy and clueless hardware team. All of those people need to be fired. They have no idea how to build successful hardware and certainly no idea how to market and price it properly.

If they started making keyboard cases, they would want to charge like $300 for them just because of the name BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure that if all of the reasons why BB10 didn't survive hadn’t occurred, then the phones that those "greedy and clueless hardware team" designed would have been successful and kept people from jumping ship in the first place. Ask anyone who bought any of the BB10 phones. With the possible exception of the Z10 and it's dismal battery life, of which I owned one and except for the battery life it proved to be an excellent phone, I don't think that you'll find too many dissatisfied consumers.

Posted via CB10 from my unlocked Z30 on AT&T
    02-04-17 08:26 AM
    too many dissatisfied consumers.
    I think he's right. the problem was never the hardware, it was getting people to buy it in large enough quantity
    02-04-17 12:56 PM
    We don't know how successful Samsung's clip on PKB case has been..... I've never see one in the Wild.

Chen cold not afford the risk anymore.... besides the DTEK phones have not been a sales success for BlackBerry - would a keyboard accessory have made much of a differenc?
    02-06-17 09:47 AM
    the ugly one, absolutely the ugly one
    UGLYone ....? ;-))

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    02-27-17 03:13 PM
    I've been using the Samsung Keyboard Cover for 3 months so far and it's actually semi-decent. If BlackBerry made their own case where it may not look so bad and would be made with higher quality sculpted buttons and such, clear letters for backlighting, it could be pretty good!
    04-08-17 08:33 PM
    My amazin idea-capacitive_keyboard_overlay_beflow.jpg
    Hey, they have a patent for it!
    Wait... is the Samsung keyboard infringing on it?
    04-08-17 08:35 PM
    Patents cover a specific implementation, not an overall concept. Samsung's keyboard accessory is different enough to not be covered by BB's patent. Hint: Samsung's keyboard is 100% mechanical, while BB's is electronic.
    04-09-17 09:50 AM
    samsung has one of those cases for the galaxy series. I actually keep it in the back of my head for when the final death of the pkb arrives
    You sound very gloomy. I believe the death of the keyboard in general is going to hit us sooner, with voice recognition and later - cerebral implants ...

:-)

•   Long live the SPARK! * ... the evil N shall not priv-ail...!!!   •
    05-15-17 02:25 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capacitive_keyboard_overlay_beflow.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	420970
    Hey, they have a patent for it!
    Wait... is the Samsung keyboard infringing on it?
    Looks very similar to sony ericsson p990i
    05-15-17 07:15 AM