Now I use to sport a blackberry curve 8300 so I'm not a stranger. But to get me back it's pretty simple. I need only need these three things

1. I never should have to pull a battery or reseat a SIM card to make my phone work. And I mean never. I've never had to do it on my iPhone, but my curve needed this often. And from what I read on the forums this is still an issue.

2. I want to have the most current software available for my phone the same time everyone else gets it. I don't want to have to install a leak and I don't want to install from my wireless company. I should get these directly from you and it should be the same for every carrier.

3. I should never feel like a second class citizen because I use a Macintosh. Back in the days of my Curve 8300, the PC link software was always superior to the mac link software.

I don't really care what bells and whistles you put on the new flagship phone, I'm sure it will be more than adequate. Just as the iPhone 6 will be. But the items above is what makes me decide which phone to get.
    02-26-14 11:42 PM
    1 and 3 are self explanatory. 1: BB10 is not your old curve, haha. 3: Link is updated on both Mac and PC. Number 2, that's how it works for everyone but apple, so good luck
    02-26-14 11:50 PM
    1. I never should have to pull a battery or reseat a SIM card to make my phone work. And I mean never. I've never had to do it on my iPhone, but my curve needed this often. And from what I read on the forums this is still an issue.
    I rarely have to do this on a BlackBerry 10 device....about as much as I have to do it on an iPhone.

2. I want to have the most current software available for my phone the same time everyone else gets it. I don't want to have to install a leak and I don't want to install from my wireless company. I should get these directly from you and it should be the same for every carrier.
    Keep dreaming, Apple is an exception. Not the norm. As soon as you realize that, you can move on from that.

3. I should never feel like a second class citizen because I use a Macintosh. Back in the days of my Curve 8300, the PC link software was always vastly superior to the mac link software.
    BlackBerry Link, even though it's garbage, is equally garbage on PC or Mac. The differences are hardly even worth mentioning. They offer the same functionality.

To sum it up, most of what you said isn't even relevant.
    02-26-14 11:50 PM

I rarely have to do this on a BlackBerry 10 device....about as much as I have to do it on an iPhone.

Keep dreaming, Apple is an exception. Not that norm. As soon as you realize that, you can move on from that.

3. I should never feel like a second class citizen because I use a Macintosh. Back in the days of my Curve 8300, the PC link software was always vastly superior to the mac link software.

BlackBerry Link, even though it's garbage, is equally garbage on PC or Mac. The differences are hardly even worth mentioning. They offer the same functionality.
    Link isn't garbage... C'mon Bla1ze, represent, haha
    02-26-14 11:52 PM
    Link isn't garbage... C'mon Bla1ze, represent, haha
    Nah, it is garbage.
    02-26-14 11:57 PM
    I guess for number 3 I should say that I'd expect a blackberry to link with my Mac as easy as it is to link an iPhone to a Windows Machine. It would seem unfair to expect it to link as well as an iPhone.
    02-27-14 12:00 AM
    Nah, it is garbage.
    Nah, user error bra
    02-27-14 12:05 AM
    1 and 3 are self explanatory. 1: BB10 is not your old curve, haha. 3: Link is updated on both Mac and PC. Number 2, that's how it works for everyone but apple, so good luck
    Don't google Nexus and Windows phone update pretty much the same as apple?
    02-27-14 12:05 AM
    Don't google Nexus and Windows phone update pretty much the same as apple?
    NO!

Only Nexus phones sold direct and unlocked from Google (most of them, and they're all GSM) are updated directly. When they tried making CDMA Nexus phones (the Galaxy Nexus), those owners waited forever for Verizon and Sprint to update them, just like everyone else. And WinPhone also has to wait for carrier approvals, just like everyone else. ONLY Apple has direct control, and that was only because Apple was unique in having a HUGE amount of leverage, and demanded this concession before they'd allow a carrier to carry the iPhone. Apple is definitely the exception to the rule.
    02-27-14 10:52 AM
    Over one year with my Z10 and haven't pulled the battery once.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:43 AM
    Now I use to sport a blackberry curve 8300 so I'm not a stranger. But to get me back it's pretty simple. I need only need these three things

3. I should never feel like a second class citizen because I use a Macintosh. Back in the days of my Curve 8300, the PC link software was always superior to the mac link software.

I don't really care what bells and whistles you put on the new flagship phone, I'm sure it will be more than adequate. Just as the iPhone 6 will be. But the items above is what makes me decide which phone to get.
    1. You're good - you don't have to. I've had to sometimes restart or do a hard restart on my iPhones and the same with a BlackBerry but in all things it's about equal. That being said I prefer the option of having a removable battery which I didn't get with the iPhone

2. Order a SIM card from Rogers or something and update your phone over the air. They get updates faster than any US carrier I know (I'm on Verizon). Or just stick with the iPhone or buy direct from Google. Otherwise this will never happen. :-(

3. Link works on both Mac and PC. I have a Mac and have no problems although I rarely need to hook my phone up to my laptop since everything is mostly synced via the cloud anyway.

If those are your only issues you should give it a shot! I came from an iPhone and I'm very happy with my device.

Posted via my amazing Q10
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-27-14 11:43 AM
    OP, I have one question for you; how many phones will you buy if BlackBerry does all those 3 things you've asked for ?
    And please don't tell me you will only buy one phone because that won't set you apart from present BB10 owners.
    It's clear you are not ready for the BlackBerry experience yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:11 PM
    Closing this nonsense.
    BergerKing and wincyUt like this.
    02-27-14 08:45 PM