Can and should BlackBerry refocus to production of just a few (even) higher-end handsets, i.e. bettering upon both its BB and Android OS eco-systems, charging a bit more to increase their staff to truly support them, and giving customers - governments, professionals, and those willing to pay - the option of having the best possible device on the market (something they have been hit-and-miss about up to now)?

If all other sectors do this - while Apple, Samsung etc continue to focus on mass market, which BlackBerry has also tried to emulate in recent years - seems BlackBerry can and should make the shift.

I certainly hope so - I'd be willing to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 12:07 PM
    I think if BlackBerry were to keep a handset around, it should be a classic or something mid spec and mid priced like that and only offer then to enterprise customers.
    04-02-16 12:15 PM
    IMO, venturing into higher end devices will be disastrous. Just look at Priv, priced very close to flagship Samsung but can't sell.
    04-02-16 08:24 PM
    I would probably pay $350 up front and $10/mo to have an updated, up to date, and supported Z30. Maybe more if the value is there. The only way qnx works for a lot of people is if they have a second device of some sort for apps. Thanks to cheap add-a-lines from T-Mobile USA and the like, that is now possible for a lot of business minded people.
    04-02-16 10:54 PM