Hello!

Has anyone else seen this article of eMarketer? BlackBerry Loses Out to Windows Phone in the UK - eMarketer

Pretty sad numbers for BlackBerry considering UK's history.
    Peace.
    08-21-14 10:32 AM
    Well.. it's a forecast. It's not like they can predict the sales of the passport, classic and other future phones. So how it stands, bb is still nr. 3 in UK.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:35 AM
    It's still too early to call it. We need to wait for the numbers from the Passport, Classic and any future BB10 devices to come on. Give it another few years and then we can look at the numbers.
    08-21-14 11:09 AM
    BlackBerry figures are always skewed because the collapse in legacy sales obscures how BB10 is doing. This doesn't exactly clarify that, but if for arguments sake the bulk of the remaining sales are BB10 and they are showing an increase (as has been the case when looked at globally) the trend becomes a little bit different.
    08-21-14 11:29 AM
    We are still in the fight! This is no time to surrender. We have new devices coming out. Let's wait and see.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-21-14 11:38 AM
    I totally agree with you guys. The forecast doesn't seem to count with the new devices. I was also wondering about Windows Phone ... is there any new big thing coming for it that BB should be worried?
    08-21-14 04:32 PM
    I've seen Windows phones in stores, yet I've yet to know or have seen someone with one. I'm in Ontario Canada.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    byex likes this.
    08-21-14 04:44 PM
    I totally agree with you guys. The forecast doesn't seem to count with the new devices. I was also wondering about Windows Phone ... is there any new big thing coming for it that BB should be worried?
    That was said for the Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, and Z3, many of these which flopped badly. Why would a person expect the Passport or the Classic to take off?

One advantage Blackberry has over Windows Phone right now though is the dirge of new, compelling Windows Phone devices that is hurting Windows Phone market share. Based on AT&T and Verizon's openness to carrying the HTC One M8 with Windows Phone, it looks like at least some carriers believe the M8 to be a viable product and that may boost Windows Phone sales.
    08-21-14 05:39 PM
    Blah.
    08-21-14 05:43 PM
    The Lumia 930, HTC One for Windows, and upcoming Lumia 830 at the high-end, the Lumia 730 and an upcoming LG phone in the midrange, and the Lumia 530, 630, 635 at the low end (the Lumia 530 is going to be sold at retail for half the price of the Z3, assuming the Z3 even comes to the UK). That's just from 1st tier OEMs. There are 17 new 2nd tier and 3rd tier OEMs( and some of them outsell blackberry by volume) from around the world who have signed on in the past 4 months

------------------------------------

To be honest, not to sound like a downer, but unless the Passport and classic sell a few million each, I really don't see them keeping the 3rd place in the UK for long.
    JeepBB, kbz1960 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    08-21-14 08:16 PM
    No ones buying cuz they're all waiting for the passport. Duuuuuh
    08-21-14 08:25 PM
    It's clear that for now WP has become the 3rd mobile OS. And it also has more 3rd party apps WITHOUT leeching from another platform.
    08-22-14 02:34 AM
    I can't imagine why, using a Windows Phone was the most frustrating experience in the world when I had to use one for a week. When that week was done and I was back on my Q10 I was like someone who was stranded at sea for a month finally finding land...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    08-23-14 09:58 AM
    Bs! we've seen how these mobile forecasts have worked out for the last 10 years. BB10 is now starting to gain traction and statiticians are still basing most of their Blackberry analysis based on legacy os numbers. One day they will wake up and realize those phones they are seeing are in fact Blackberries!
    08-23-14 10:22 AM
    Windows Phone is getting a lot of great new hardware at competitive prices from manufacturers who are trying to find an alternative to the flood of new Android devices. Microsoft is also putting a lot of financial resources to make its platform competitive.

What does Blackberry have coming this Fall? A squarish two-hander keyboard phone and a retro keyboard phone. There's no way that they will be more popular among consumers than mainstream devices. Blackberry has already conceded this market.
    JeepBB and BB_Junky like this.
    08-23-14 10:50 AM
    That new HTC One (W8?) Is generating buzz.
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-23-14 11:08 AM
    I have a windows 8.1 tablet And it just feels like a half baked OS. Not my favorite at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 08:48 AM
    I have a windows 8.1 tablet And it just feels like a half baked OS. Not my favorite at all.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 8.1 for tablets is getting a makeover soon.
    P.s Win 8.1 =/= Windows phone 8.1
    08-28-14 03:08 AM
    This summer I've started seeing people with WP phones more and more. For a whole year I've seen only three BB10 users.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-28-14 12:30 PM
    This summer I've started seeing people with WP phones more and more. For a whole year I've seen only three BB10 users.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    It's the opposite in the Netherlands. This summer I'm seeing more and more people with Q10s. They are not many, but still more than last year.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:55 AM
    Is it sad? Are you gonna cry? Does baby need his bottle?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-29-14 01:06 AM
    In reality, it has been a long time since BlackBerry has been in the spot light with device launches. (Other than the Z3 of course) When the Z30 came around, it was right in the middle of the sell off and they pretty much abandoned any sort of marketing or hype. Considering how much time and effort BlackBerry had to focus on restructuring, nothing seems out of the ordinary here. Once the Passport and Classic hit, we will quickly see the future of devices for this company. You never know? The outlook can change on a dime in this business. Hopefully Mr. Chen and BlackBerry pull off something special? I have a strong feeling they will.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    08-29-14 01:13 AM
    I'm in Vietnam and couple of people I know who are using Windows 5xx are not very happy with this model.

I'm aware that Nokia sold a lot of this model. Perhaps BlackBerry can introduce the Z3 soon to gain back some market share.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    08-29-14 05:04 AM
    Hi i used to have a windows phone a 920 and after a few months moved to Blackberry
    when Z10 was first launched and went to Z30 in october last year and it's been excellent,
    would i ever go back and try Windows again no way, nothing available at present can equal
    the Z30, but windows phones are easy to find and cheaper and are well advertised on TV
    thats what the Z30 is up against and if you do want one they can be hard to find,
    lets hope the Passport and Classic are easy to find and buy from retailers not just online,
    passport september/october ? set a date and deliver.
    08-29-14 06:17 AM
    Hi i used to have a windows phone a 920 and after a few months moved to Blackberry
    when Z10 was first launched and went to Z30 in october last year and it's been excellent,
    would i ever go back and try Windows again no way, nothing available at present can equal
    the Z30, but windows phones are easy to find and cheaper and are well advertised on TV
    thats what the Z30 is up against and if you do want one they can be hard to find,
    lets hope the Passport and Classic are easy to find and buy from retailers not just online,
    passport september/october ? set a date and deliver.
    You can't really comment on WP at present then. No one who buys a WP now is getting the same experience you got
    08-29-14 07:33 AM
26 12