Recently, my BB Motion just died. I needed a new phone immediately. No BB phones were available for obvious reasons. So, I purchased another brand Android phone. After letting the Google backup transfer all my data I was up and running. But,it wasn't like my BB. Until , I switched to BlackBerry launcher. Now the screen functions and looks like my BB Motion. I downloaded the BB Hub and Enterprise BBM. The only things missing are the Dtek and BB Locker . So , why not make an even more adaptable BB Launcher to basically turn any Android device into a BB clone. The phone I converted is a Moto G Power .
    07-19-20 03:28 AM
    Recently, my BB Motion just died. I needed a new phone immediately. No BB phones were available for obvious reasons. So, I purchased another brand Android phone. After letting the Google backup transfer all my data I was up and running. But,it wasn't like my BB. Until , I switched to BlackBerry launcher. Now the screen functions and looks like my BB Motion. I downloaded the BB Hub and Enterprise BBM. The only things missing are the Dtek and BB Locker . So , why not make an even more adaptable BB Launcher to basically turn any Android device into a BB clone. The phone I converted is a Moto G Power .
    Locker is a TCL app, not BlackBerry.

DTEK requires root access, and is integral with the system OS - so it can't be replicated on other devices.
    07-19-20 10:27 AM
    Yes, I am aware of those facts about Dtek and the BB Locker. I was making the point that outside of the security platform which is the hallmark of any BlackBerry, the tools that I used most, such as the Hub and BBM for spot conferences were available. The point was that If BB does not sanction any more phones , than can we encourage them to continue to provide the BB experience for those who have been using there system for many years. This is not a post to test people's knowledge but one trying to see how we can keep a very good system relevant.
    07-19-20 11:02 AM
    Yes, I am aware of those facts about Dtek and the BB Locker. I was making the point that outside of the security platform which is the hallmark of any BlackBerry, the tools that I used most, such as the Hub and BBM for spot conferences were available. The point was that If BB does not sanction any more phones , than can we encourage them to continue to provide the BB experience for those who have been using there system for many years. This is not a post to test people's knowledge but one trying to see how we can keep a very good system relevant.
    Without OEM and corporations licensing BB hardware, is there sufficient demand from prosumer type individuals to support BB software? I don't think so.
    07-19-20 11:31 AM
    The point was that If BB does not sanction any more phones , than can we encourage them to continue to provide the BB experience for those who have been using there system for many years.
    Not sure what you're asking. The BlackBerry App suite is available as a subscription to all Android devices already.
    07-19-20 11:56 AM
    Thank you for your response. Since I have only used BB I did not know that everything was available in the Android app store because my phone was prestocked . Now , I can further customize my new phone . Thank you again. I am signing off this post.
    07-19-20 12:05 PM
    Thank you for your response. Since I have only used BB I did not know that everything was available in the Android app store because my phone was prestocked . Now , I can further customize my new phone . Thank you again. I am signing off this post.
    So how did you get the launcher on your "Brand" phone, if not from Google Play?
    07-20-20 09:11 AM
    It transfered over from my BB Motion info that was in back up. I've since visited the play store and add other tools. I'm learning. Thank you guys for the advice. It' s helped.
    07-20-20 10:22 AM
    It transfered over from my BB Motion info that was in back up. I've since visited the play store and add other tools. I'm learning. Thank you guys for the advice. It' s helped.
    Gotcha....

Is a great way for BlackBerry users to stay associated with the band, and it's focus on communications. Hopefully there is enough money in app subscriptions to keep it going...
    07-20-20 11:09 AM
    If I could only figure out how to download a keyboard ...
    Mamaluka likes this.
    07-31-20 05:33 PM