Meanwhile, back in Florida, everything remains the same....

Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, I'm wearing shorts and sandals with a warm 84F today.......
    My mother always told me men wear long pants
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-03-19 12:13 PM
    When I first read about the sale of Mobile Nations, my first reaction was I was happy for the founders of the company because that’s what you work hard for and any successful business person dreams of happing.

As far as anything changing, if a company is making money and the folks who are involved are continuing to contribute to making the company profitable, there would be no reason to make any major changes.

The age old saying applies here too, if it’s not broke, don’t try to fix it.
    03-03-19 12:37 PM
    My mother always told me men wear long pants
    Mobile Nations acquired by Future PLC-2v4848.jpg
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-19 02:01 PM
    When I first read about the sale of Mobile Nations, my first reaction was I was happy for the founders of the company because that’s what you work hard for and any successful business person dreams of happing.

As far as anything changing, if a company is making money and the folks who are involved are continuing to contribute to making the company profitable, there would be no reason to make any major changes.

I agree, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. I hope that the new owners are tuned in to who we are at CrackBerry, a diverse, eclectic collection who love BlackBerry devices and in most cases, physical keyboards. I know that some of the members are still wishing the BB10 phones had continued. That is part of our legacy, as well. We want security and many of us are business owners or artists or in many types of other fields, and who dare to be different to own that cool and unusual device that just works for them. CrackBerry is the people who participate here, so I hope it continues to be a place we can come and not be looked at askew because we choose BlackBerry. I hope we BlackBerry owners who find their way here will continue to interact and also get help for their devices.
    As for the announcement, I must say, my first reaction was Jaw drop. I didn't see it coming. I wish everyone the best who is involved and hope they continue to actively participate here.
    03-03-19 02:02 PM

Sounds like the new owners are Mike and Jim
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-03-19 02:04 PM
    Sounds like the new owners are Mike and Jim
    Fer sure you'll be banned if so
    BigBadWulf and anon(3641385) like this.
    03-03-19 02:12 PM
    Fer sure you'll be banned if so
    03-03-19 02:24 PM
    :-D Good one!

@James Falconer
    So long as I keep getting my per-ban dividend, I don't care who signs the check. Otherwise...

CHAOS!

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    BigBadWulf and Tim-ANC like this.
    03-03-19 03:09 PM
    I agree, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. I hope that the new owners are tuned in to who we are at CrackBerry, a diverse, eclectic collection who love BlackBerry devices and in most cases, physical keyboards. I know that some of the members are still wishing the BB10 phones had continued. That is part of our legacy, as well. We want security and many of us are business owners or artists or in many types of other fields, and who dare to be different to own that cool and unusual device that just works for them. CrackBerry is the people who participate here, so I hope it continues to be a place we can come and not be looked at askew because we choose BlackBerry. I hope we BlackBerry owners who find their way here will continue to interact and also get help for their devices.
    As for the announcement, I must say, my first reaction was Jaw drop. I didn't see it coming. I wish everyone the best who is involved and hope they continue to actively participate here.
    I expect the new owners are looking for what will generates ad dollars.... and which sites are likely to grow.
    Laura Knotek and bakron1 like this.
    03-04-19 10:05 AM
    CB isn't just about cell phones either. I come here for general BlackBerry news, and the thread about BB stocks and what they are doing now in the area of software.
    03-04-19 06:23 PM
    MoNa needs to address this sale on each site as a headline (or whatever the news we see when we open the app are called). just to avoid conspiracy theories from negative members. On other notes I guess CBK will be driving a Jet now instead of a Tesla...
    Great job to all MoNa personnel this sales is an achievement for their hard work and the passion they put in it everyday.
    elfabio80 and anon(3641385) like this.
    03-04-19 06:32 PM
    @James Falconer is crackberry going to remain separate like it is now, or will the BlackBerry forum in android central be the only BlackBerry forum?
    Just to let you know, our old sister site, WebOSNation still exists!

https://www.webosnation.com/
    elfabio80 and anon(3641385) like this.
    03-05-19 08:03 AM
    Pretty surprised.

After all, if this means something great, i'm all for it. maybe even more interesting techy articles to read too! (if gnu/linux is included, this is grrreat)

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    03-10-19 05:59 PM
    Nice! I never even knew about that site! Thanks for sharing it - nostalgia for some, learned history for the rest of us. :-)

Just to let you know, our old sister site, WebOSNation still exists!

https://www.webosnation.com/

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-11-19 01:46 AM
    Everything changes and I expect this to spur changes. If history is a guide the changes will not be palatable to many. Future is going to rationalize economics and if the ad revenue is strong all will be fine but I suspect ad revenue will drop.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-19 11:08 AM
    Just different "owners" is all everyone. Nothing is changing.

for now atleast lol
    Let’s hope and see how this will affect us
    03-30-19 07:53 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD