03-25-14 07:31 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    So, this afternoon (morning if your in the Americas) I sent John (Chen) a teasing little email. Of course it was regarding his statement that iPhone users are wall-huggers. I told him that most of us Z10 users suffer from wall-hugging or swoppers syndrome as we struggle to get through the day, he replied:

Master Chen has a magical battery in his Z10-img_20140311_185327.png

Dinner? Master Chen is an early riser, like most CEOs, so he must do barely anything on his smartphone all day if it lasts that long. My brightness settings are always on the lowest AND I am only on EDGE and I only get halfway through the day. Obviously usage differs from person-to-person, I am either on Twitter, in the Hub or the Browser all day, literally.

It's also interesting to note that Master Chen uses a Z10, not a Z30, not a Q10...

EDIT: Since no one believes I have a direct line to Chen. I'll make it simple, I won't give you his email addy, but you can have everyone else's:

Apple: tcook@apple.com
    Samsung: oh.kwon@samsung.com
    Microsoft: satyan@microsoft.com
    Nokia: stephen.elop@nokia.com & risto.siilasmaa@nokia.com
    HTC: peter_chou@htc.com
    Huawei: richard.yu@huawei.com
    Facebook: zuck@facebook.com

You get the point.
    Last edited by D_Gui; 03-12-14 at 03:12 AM.
    MERCDROID and redsaph like this.
    03-11-14 01:15 PM
    My Z10 lasts me til dinner as well even with dozens of emails, a few text conversations and several apps (Al Jazeera, IGrann, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) pretty frequently. Regardless, I always charge my phone during the day when I'm at my desk so that I have full battery if I go out that night.
    03-11-14 01:21 PM
    I some how doubt you're on speaking terms with Chen, or that he replies to random emails from strangers.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 01:24 PM
    I some how doubt you're on speaking terms with Chen, or that he replies to random emails from strangers.

Posted via CB10
    Jeah.... same here...
    Good Morning John...seems like a friend ?
    bungaboy and FastLane228 like this.
    03-11-14 01:29 PM
    I believe he was just getting people to talk about BlackBerry. If someone questions it, they will discover that the Z30 has 25 hours battery life. I also noticed he stated this just before the new Print and TV ads that harp on this very fact. In reality, he knew exactly what he was doing. I didn't think so at first, but a few Crackberry members got me thinking otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 01:33 PM
    Jeah.... same here...
    Good Morning John...seems like a friend ?
    And what tells you that John and I don't have regular chats?
    03-11-14 01:34 PM
    "Real life troll" kind of says it all
    03-11-14 01:35 PM
    Yeap, looks like a fake image.
    When I touch the header in the email message to reveal the sender's email address, I have an account name (i.e. Gmail) and then another line with all the message recipients.
    Nice try though.
    03-11-14 01:39 PM
    When I touch the header in the email message to reveal the sender's email address, I have an account name (i.e. Gmail) and then another line with all the message recipients.
    Nice try though.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'd be more than happy to share the email with a mod, but then again I don't care whether or not you think it's real or not.
    03-11-14 01:43 PM
    "Real life troll" kind of says it all
    Real life troll also goes with a bull**** detector.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:37 PM
    I highly doubt that this email was sent by John. The grammar is atrocious and you would think, that John, out of all people in the world would know about the importance of sending out well thought out responses.

In addition, he would likely offer a solution as opposed to saying "strange.. I have juice till dinner ". This is basic 101 customer service.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:02 PM
    Apparently he uses a p9982 not a z10
    03-11-14 06:06 PM
    Apparently he uses a p9982 not a z10
    Still a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:23 PM
    Nice try though.
    Yeah... odd... can't get my Z10 to display an email like that. If it shows the senders address it also shows my account info and all other recipients, otherwise it shows the received date and time.
    03-11-14 06:34 PM
    Also the email address while blurred suggests is an eight letter word . Afaik corporates do not use their full name as email addresses. nice try op.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:38 PM
    Sender and receiver need to be one the same domain to have this kind of header with the full names showing in to and from....

The interesting part would be to know what position you are holding within BlackBerry....

I just checked out John on LinkedIn and he didn't update his position as of yet..... could you please tell him to update it?

And yeah.... I am a second connection to him, but Amy had been not that much in touch with him in the last few months....

Master Chen has a magical battery in his Z10-img_20140311_223948.png

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 06:41 PM
    To all who say that it is impossible:

Master Chen has a magical battery in his Z10-img_20140311_224239.png

Timing is king............

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-11-14 06:46 PM
    And the time, phone shows 6:53 PM 11th March,. Somehow john replies to him from the future at 10:41 PM.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:47 PM
    OP you don't know him. We are not that gullible.
    03-11-14 06:50 PM
    I had a BlackBerry Z10 and switched to Q10 a little while later. I can not argue that the Z10 has a weak battery, because it truly does. The Q10, on the other hand is a totally different story. Although you can switch the battery and all. We can look for pros and cons for BlackBerry and iphone, but what really caught my I eye, is that this dude supposedly emails directly to John Chen ))))) come on, man... Don't make a clown of your self... No disrespect, but this is pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-11-14 06:51 PM
    And the time, phone shows 6:53 PM 11th March,. Somehow john replies to him from the future at 10:41 PM.

Posted via CB10
    Happens to me all the time when I answer emails from different time zones.....

Anyway... here is a nice little read: My fruitless attempts at saving BlackBerry | Dion Guillaume
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Warlack; 03-11-14 at 07:23 PM.
    MERCDROID, D_Gui and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    03-11-14 06:53 PM
    On weekends, when I'm at home, my Z10 has no problem lasting all day. When I'm at work, inside a building, the signal search drains the battery in a few hours. If I put the Z10 in Airplane Mode at work and leave Location Services on, the battery will also drain in a few hours. There are just too many variables to conclusively say that the Z10 has poor battery life. Experiences will vary.

Compared to the Q10 and Z30, it's fair to say that the Z10 has a worse battery life due to the same OS, yet different display technology and battery sizes. Compared to the iPhone, on a very different OS and hardware, it would be up to the user's experience and that will vary greatly.
    03-11-14 07:23 PM
    I am portioning out the magic elixir that makes your battery last till dinner.........(I think I might be six hours ahead of you so dont tell me my portion dont work....sssshhhhh)
    03-11-14 09:05 PM
    I thought his comment about wall huggers was funny too, but going from an iPhone to a z10, I get about half the battery life as before. Half. And it's been worse since the last update

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    03-11-14 11:01 PM
    I am testing the Z30 to see how long it's lasts. I took it off at a full charge at 6:30am and have 26% showing now, being 17 hours later.

The Z10 battery doesn't seem to last nearly as long but definitely lasts a full work day, with a little juice left at the end.

I don't have an iPhone but can say iPad battery seems to have a reason battery life depending on usage.
    03-11-14 11:38 PM
80 123 ...