I won't bore you with all the problems that BlackBerry faces these days (there are many others willing to do that)... I want to focus on a potential solution..... The hardware and software are solid!! I feel they are the best out there... Apps are coming along and hopefully will continue to improve... What they need is SALES... They need to make people consider BlackBerry again and using celebrities are the way to go..... I know they cost a lot of money (which they don't have)...... But hear me out....

A few weeks ago David Ortiz of the World Champion Boston Red Sox and his teammates went to the White House to visit President Obama.. The biggest story of that day was Big Papi taking a "selfie" with the President on his Galaxy note 3 People talked for days on why he used that particular phone, was he paid?, what phone was it?..It became a huge story....Imagine if that was a BlackBerry Z30 instead????

Blackberry needs to get there phones in the hands of "important" people..... With the Stanley Cup Play-offs in full swing.. They need to start getting the players using BlackBerry's NOW.... As Hockey and BlackBerry are both from Canada they should be a good match..... When Lord Stanley's Cup is being skated around the Boston Garden (Just kidding) in a few weeks... we need to make sure that as many people as possible that are on the ice are snapping pictures with a Blackberry... Let Zdeno Chara walk around Boston with a Z30 and people will notice....

What phone does PK Subban use?? I don't know... but we should know!!!!

When the two teams make the Finals... Every player, coach, trainer,family of players should get handed a Z30 free with the caveat that they need to use it on the ice after the cup is awarded... Flood the arena with BB's... make people take notice.... and in the scheme of things, it will cost them almost nothing.....and make sure Blackberry has photographers taking pictures of them using the BB's for future marketing....

I know that it isn't that easy, but it can be done...........
    Norg likes this.
    05-05-14 07:04 AM
    Moved to armchair CEO
    05-05-14 07:20 AM
    I saw them using blackberries on the show "orphan black". Product placement -IDK if it was or it wasn't, but they showed them using both the screens, and the trackpad, and it looked cool. But product placement on TV shows, who are becoming increasing dependant on such income sources, seems like a good idea for blackberry.
    05-06-14 09:14 AM
    Handing out free BlackBerry's at different location (award shows) where celebrities are... can't really hurt. Maybe they use them and maybe the don't, over all the cost would be pretty low vs the potential rewards.

But....

If BlackBerry gave David Ortiz a free Z30... would he use it? BB10 is not for everyone in it's current condition, so it might not work well for him. Or maybe Samsung is already paying him to use the Note3... so can BlackBerry afford to outspend Samsung on advertising?

What BlackBerry needs to do is get competitive, and provide the "experience" that other platforms can provide right out of the box. Then throw the security and capabilities of mobile device management on top of that. Either they are competitive or they are not. Putting out a sign for your kids to sell ice cold lemonade in the middle of the winter when the kids next door has a hot chocolate stand... is an example of wasted marketing. I'm a big believer that BlackBerry's marketing is lacking, but I also can see that there is not much of a purpose in marketing what they currently have to offer to consumers in genera. Some targeted markets, like where BBOS usage is still high, or for business (but I think celebrities endorsements are not as important to the finial decision making process) could be successful and I think BlackBerry is doing some advertising in these areas.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    05-06-14 10:53 AM
    Cost of Samsung's Olympic sponsorship - $100M (plus a free Galaxy Note 3 for every athlete)
    Cost of Samsung's Academy Awards show sponsorship - $20 million

You don't think you just show up at the Stanley Cup Finals with a couple hundred phones do you?
    05-06-14 11:30 AM
    No, I don't... but the cost of the NHL Finals is far less than the Olympics or the Oscars

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:33 AM
    I'm sure the price would be proportional to the size of the audience. Why spend the money on the NHL or other North American professional sports for that matter when the potential growth markets for Blackberry are the emerging markets? They launched the Z30 in Malaysia and the Z3 in Jakarta so that's probably where they would spend these kinds of marketing dollars. I would guess that the push in North America will be enterprise and that the consumer marketing dollars will be spent in developing markets.
    Last edited by early2bed; 05-06-14 at 12:11 PM.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    05-06-14 11:56 AM
    What....Doug and I aren't good enough for you?

That's a shame. I'd refer you to Zoe Barnes to discuss the matter but she had a little slip in the subway.

Posted via CB10
    SPOILERS!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-06-14 02:01 PM
    BlackBerry should be sending all sorts of upgrade promotions out via email to all those still using pre-OS10 devices !!

Can't believe this hasn't been done yet !! I never received any prior to switching over to a SG3 device. Don't they have most users email addresses in their database ?? The only reason that I'm back on BlackBerry Q5 is that I really was missing a keyboard...go figure !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    05-08-14 02:17 PM
    I won't bore you with all the problems that BlackBerry faces these days (there are many others willing to do that)... I want to focus on a potential solution..... The hardware and software are solid!! I feel they are the best out there... Apps are coming along and hopefully will continue to improve... What they need is SALES... They need to make people consider BlackBerry again and using celebrities are the way to go..... I know they cost a lot of money (which they don't have)...... But hear me out....

A few weeks ago David Ortiz of the World Champion Boston Red Sox and his teammates went to the White House to visit President Obama.. The biggest story of that day was Big Papi taking a "selfie" with the President on his Galaxy note 3 People talked for days on why he used that particular phone, was he paid?, what phone was it?..It became a huge story....Imagine if that was a BlackBerry Z30 instead????

Blackberry needs to get there phones in the hands of "important" people..... With the Stanley Cup Play-offs in full swing.. They need to start getting the players using BlackBerry's NOW.... As Hockey and BlackBerry are both from Canada they should be a good match..... When Lord Stanley's Cup is being skated around the Boston Garden (Just kidding) in a few weeks... we need to make sure that as many people as possible that are on the ice are snapping pictures with a Blackberry... Let Zdeno Chara walk around Boston with a Z30 and people will notice....

What phone does PK Subban use?? I don't know... but we should know!!!!

When the two teams make the Finals... Every player, coach, trainer,family of players should get handed a Z30 free with the caveat that they need to use it on the ice after the cup is awarded... Flood the arena with BB's... make people take notice.... and in the scheme of things, it will cost them almost nothing.....and make sure Blackberry has photographers taking pictures of them using the BB's for future marketing....

I know that it isn't that easy, but it can be done...........
    I agree with practically all you said, makes perfect sense. However, BlackBerry has got to earn that cool factor back somehow, so this is where your idea falls right in line with this objective !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    05-08-14 02:21 PM