Great solution for crackberry and the mods. Puts the heated discussion threads in an area not so up front on Crackberry. Those that don't want to see all the armchair commentary and speculation, don't have to open the box.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-16-13 09:07 PM
    Great solution for crackberry and the mods. Puts the heated discussion threads in an area not so up front on Crackberry. Those that don't want to see all the armchair commentary and speculation, don't have to open the box.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    I agree. I'm glad they made a separate section for it.
    08-16-13 09:09 PM
    One of the mods suggested it this morning, and it was implemented rapidly. Credit the team for getting this approved and launched in amazing time. And thanks for comments on the change, we do appreciate the feedback!
    08-16-13 09:24 PM
    One of the mods suggested it this morning, and it was implemented rapidly. Credit the team for getting this approved and launched in amazing time. And thanks for comments on the change, we do appreciate the feedback!
    And a good job to all the mods for quickly moving all the respective threads into the new subforum.
    08-16-13 09:30 PM
    seriously.. this is my new favorite forum.. now when new members are looking for help.. they're not bombared by.. blackbery needs to do this or that..
    BergerKing, web99 and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 09:31 PM
    Armchair CEO (read as: place to write suggestions that incompetent b00bs actually running the company will never listen too)
    I think it's a derogatory and dismissive term, because we're all supposed to just sit back and watch these clowns nosedive this company through stupid decision after stupid decision
    danprown and Blacklatino like this.
    08-16-13 10:45 PM
    So happy the mods made this forum. Perfect place for some folks on here! Haha. Thanks Mods!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-13 08:55 AM
    A welcome addition considering most (not all) of Crackberry Forums is a haven for:

CO-armchair CEO's
    (Thorsten is doing a great job, pat on the back)

CO-marketing execs &
    (I've seen ads everywhere, everyone is aware of BB10, group hug)

CO-hardware engineers
    (we don't need specs, we're happy paying premium prices for cheap internals)
    JeepBB, danprown and R Field like this.
    08-17-13 09:08 AM
    So happy the mods made this forum. Perfect place for some folks on here! Haha. Thanks Mods!!!

Posted via CB10
    now all they need is a "lap dog" section for submissive people who know their place. We just all need to sit back and watch the Heins and Boulben magic show...they're doing fantastic!
    Say, what's the share price at again? The market share? Clearly it's worked out fabulously that we have left things to these highly skilled professionals....worth every penny of the $55 million in compensation

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, Berry_Pink and danprown like this.
    08-17-13 10:49 AM
    There is a great deal of concern among BlackBerry users about the corporation being in a state of flux and disappointment over their failed comeback. And the best CrackBerry can do is label those concerned readers as "Armchair CEOs". That's pretty sad.

I trust this is just a temporary joke.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 08-17-13 at 11:57 AM.
    JeepBB and Berry_Pink like this.
    08-17-13 11:43 AM
    There is a great deal of concern among BlackBerry users about the corporation being in a state of flux and disappointment over their failed comeback. And the best CrackBerry can do is label those concerned readers as "Armchair CEOs". That's pretty sad.

I hope this is just a temporary joke.
    Yes, and everyone, their brother, sister, and cousin has an opinion about it. We see the new threads every day. That's BlackBerry business, and we don't run it. Everyone who doesn't have the job thinks they have the answer, from marketing, to design, patents, etc.

Now there's a place to aggregate the threads, and make them easier to find should you be inclined. Armchair CEOs was a better fit than Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    grover5, Blacklatino and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-13 12:04 PM
    This is THE place where they'll look for Throsten Heins successor. With all the heads-up experts around here, BBRY will be back in no time and stocks will skyrocket through the roofs. Stockholders should already have their oxygen masks ready or else.....
    08-17-13 12:05 PM

Now there's a place to aggregate the threads, and make them easier to find should you be inclined.
    Thank you.

Now if BlackBerry really visit the forums, at least they can bypass all the fluff on here and get to content worth utilising instead of we don't need this we don't need that, no wonder everything is underwhelming from BlackBerry with feedback like that.

In here we don't pretend BlackBerry is better than iPhone or Android, bit more realistic and I'm sure BlackBerry deep down know that.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-17-13 12:15 PM
    Very Good move

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-17-13 12:20 PM
    Armchair CEO (read as: place to write suggestions that incompetent b00bs actually running the company will never listen too)
    I think it's a derogatory and dismissive term, because we're all supposed to just sit back and watch these clowns nosedive this company through stupid decision after stupid decision
    Or better yet. Put your money where your mouth is an apply for the job yourself! Show the world your legendary business prowress along with your legendary plans to take the company (under all current conditions and constraints) from its current state to $15 billion, $20, billion, back to # 1 etc.

If you have all the answers, I'm sure BlackBerry would love to hear them.
    grover5, blackmoe and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-13 12:24 PM
    Are we allowed to make suggestions? PLEASE

Conspiracy Theories
    How much money have you lost on BBRY stock
    Wall St. and Short Sellers (when you disagree with them)
    Valid Analysis (when you agree with them)

BGR is a troll (when you disagree with them)
    BGR is right (when you agree with them)

Examples of BlackBerry Marketing Done Right (forum is locked)

Seems appropriate if you have something called Armchair CEO...

OK, that was just for fun. No pitchforks.
    08-17-13 12:26 PM
    I'm confused. Do i get $55m if I post in this sub forum? Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:32 PM
    Or better yet. Put your money where your mouth is an apply for the job yourself! Show the world your legendary business prowress along with your legendary plans to take the company (under all current conditions and constraints) from its current state to $15 billion, $20, billion, back to # 1 etc.

What forum would this go in?

TH is doing a great job
    BlackBerry is great and stop complaining -or-
    I don't want to read anymore about what a crummy job they are doing

Which one.
    08-17-13 12:35 PM
    What forum would this go in?

TH is doing a great job
    BlackBerry is great and stop complaining -or-
    I don't want to read anymore about what a crummy job they are doing

Which one.
    now all they need is a "lap dog" section for submissive people who know their place.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-17-13 12:39 PM
    Yes, and everyone, their brother, sister, and cousin has an opinion about it. We see the new threads every day. That's BlackBerry business, and we don't run it. Everyone who doesn't have the job thinks they have the answer, from marketing, to design, patents, etc.

Now there's a place to aggregate the threads, and make them easier to find should you be inclined. Armchair CEOs was a better fit than Monday Morning Quarterbacks.
    That's like going on a fan site of your favorite sports team. If the team sucks and is falling well short of expectations there will be major discussion about how to improve their performance. It's to be expected.

If you must put it all in one place, call it "BlackBerry Analysis" or "BlackBerry Business". No need to use such a derogatory term.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    08-17-13 12:40 PM
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    just thought id say I do love the irony of using a SGS3 to post on CB as a mod.

Personally I don't think half of these threads should be here, some are far more suited to other forums.
    example 1 would be the ecosystem thread talking about apps on BB10. theres a BB10 apps forum, so that actually seems a better fit.
    example 2 is the `10.2 is what 10.0 should of been` now that's about the BB10 OS, so as theres a BB10 OS forum.....

true people have differeing opinions, but moving those whose opinions you disagree with to another forum that isn't as relevant isn't actually helpful to the community.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-17-13 12:55 PM
    just thought id say I do love the irony of using a SGS3 to post on CB as a mod.
    This is has "bothered" me when it comes to the editors of this site, as well. At any given time, all these Mobile Nations writers have multiple phones, Kevin and the Crackberry team included. Granted, it's their job to stay on top of the mobile industry, but it means their perspective is a little less "real-world," and it shows in their writing. Whenever one of the CB writers mentions the BB 10 app gap or ecosystem issue, it's always measured and candy-coated. For example: "Yes, there's the app gap. BB needs to address this ASAP. But, <insert some positive comment>..." Why? Because while a BlackBerry might be their primary device, an Android smartphone or iPhone is always within arm's reach. So, these guys and gals are never without their Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix, or whatever other "must-have" app you can think of. Unless provided with a work phone, most people don't carry around 2 phones. One of the main points of a smartphone is device convergence.

I'd like to see the CrackBerry and Windows Phone writers go at least a whole month without using another smartphone platform. Tablets are OK since they're not a replacement device, but no "phablets" or anything that's technically a phone. I bet we'd see a lot more impassioned pleas or rants about the challenges with being a BB 10 or WP user.
    08-17-13 01:31 PM

Hey one-trick rubber chicken, I mean pony....you forgot the link to the "careers @ Blackberry" this time....just trying to help you with your broken-record routine since you think that corporations actually hire from a pool of people who email their resumes....too bad....I wish the corporate world WAS a meritocracy....then, these appointed socialite fools with rich mommies and daddies wouldn't be running everything
    It does comfort me, though, that at your place of work you surely must employ such a philosophy there, too, and keep your mouth shut....you know your place....that's a good boy
    08-17-13 01:31 PM
    I laughed my **** off when I saw this subforum. Great name. There are a lot of posts that leave me absolutely rolling my eyes as well as many I respect but no matter how sincere or whatever, that is exactly what we all are when making these suggestions/commenting. It's not worth getting upset about, that's for sure.

Monday Morning QBs would have been awesome as well, LOL. Speaking as a not-quite Backseat QNX Driver, here.

ETA: Ah, so can't mention that tame bit of posterior anatomy, eh?
    08-17-13 01:35 PM

Yeah it takes a lot of "business prowess" and skill to guide a company from 75% marketshare to less than 5%....it takes "legendary plans" for the stock to go from over $200 to $10....gosh I guess I should attend the same business school these guys did first before I learn all the tricks to be able to pull off accomplishments like that....any suggestions? Maybe "Crazy Bob's Discount Online School of Business/car_sales.com?"
    danprown likes this.
    08-17-13 01:37 PM
63 123