Assuming new management - what should the company do in the first 100 days and let's assume 10.2 is released.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:30 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:37 PM
    I highly doubt there will be new management since he was already on the board.
    09-09-13 02:38 PM
    Put a team inside BlackBerry on integrating every missing BBOS feature, including BIS email as an OPTION, into BlackBerry 10. With goal being getting a new BlackBerry 10 Bold out asap.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-09-13 02:47 PM
    Assuming new management - what should the company do in the first 100 days and let's assume 10.2 is released.

Posted via CB10
    Release 10.2 themselves (don't rely on carriers) and leave it that way. Their platform is already incredibly splintered, and it hasn't even been a year. It will be a nightmare by next year.

Timely and frequent updates afterwards.

Polish the Android runtime, and get access to Google's app store. It's such an attractive feature that's completely underused since sideloading is a pain (for the average user.)
    09-09-13 04:08 PM
    Release the new handset

Roll out the 10.2 update

Advertise with a sustainable marketing strategy on TV etc.

Get more apps ported to blackberry world
    Give app makers an incentive to port them not sure what form of incentives but would be worth it IMHO

Z10 enough said!
    09-09-13 04:19 PM
    Raise a few Billion you will need to advertise and give the company breathing room for a couple of years.

Then partner somehow with a manufacturer to being down your manufacturing costs s Samsung wins by$100 every time on making their own product

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    09-09-13 04:31 PM
    Current shareholders should start a class action lawsuit. Are they rushing the sale to limit the competition to an insiders, Fairfax's offer? Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:37 PM
    Release 10.2 themselves (don't rely on carriers) and leave it that way. Their platform is already incredibly splintered, and it hasn't even been a year. It will be a nightmare by next year.

Timely and frequent updates afterwards.

Polish the Android runtime, and get access to Google's app store. It's such an attractive feature that's completely underused since sideloading is a pain (for the average user.)
    And everyone should ride unicorns to work on rainbow highways...

(Nothing you listed is even possible, anymore than my suggestion.)
    CrackedBarry and Skandalous1 like this.
    09-09-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why would Fairfax Financial buy them?
    09-09-13 05:51 PM
    Why would Fairfax Financial buy them?
    ? They would buy BlackBerry not themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:04 PM
    Z30 won't be for everyone.
    Need 2014 version of Z10 or similar.
    3 1/2 months until first release of Z10.
    09-09-13 06:18 PM
    New device
    Step-up marketing
    Address OS shortcomings
    Address employee shortcomings
    Offer some sort of solution to the Playbook debacle
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    09-09-13 06:21 PM
    Sell like hell.

Find a way for the millions of BB07 users to switch to BlackBerry 10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-09-13 06:28 PM
    If company continues no matter who the buyer is advertise, advertise, advertise. I haven't seen a commercial in print or on TV in months. The other stuff goes without saying but in my opinion if you aren't bragging you're lagging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-09-13 06:34 PM
    Put a team inside BlackBerry on integrating every missing BBOS feature, including BIS email as an OPTION, into BlackBerry 10. With goal being getting a new BlackBerry 10 Bold out asap.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    ^^^^^This

Posted via CB10
    Just Me and flyingsolid like this.
    09-09-13 06:46 PM
    Communications with the public is key to restoring consumer confidence.

BlackBerry PR team on ovedrive

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:13 PM
    ^^^^^This

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:27 PM
    And everyone should ride unicorns to work on rainbow highways...

(Nothing you listed is even possible, anymore than my suggestion.)
    So true! No other manufacturer releases their own updates for their own devices independent of the carriers. Obviously impossible.

Also how were any of my suggestions even remotely a response to whatever suggestions you made? Did I quote you?

Off to feed my unicorn.

Posted via CB10

Edit. You didn't even make any suggestions. Making me wonder what prompted your response in the first place.
    09-09-13 07:32 PM
    Clean these forums up to what they used to be, not the scum insult hole it has become. Lol

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and miguel89to like this.
    09-09-13 07:45 PM
    Wipe out the entire marketing team. Demote Thorsten back to COO or if he doesn't want to to do that let him go. Install a charismatic person at CEO. Tell that CEO that whatever he commits to or states in public he better deliver it on time and as stated. Dump money into an effective marketing campaign that shows that BlackBerry is different from what they once we're ( make fun of themselves) and then continue to show why the OS is better than the competition. Price the devices lower than they have been to drive adoption and give devs more reasons to support it. Work on some more consumer oriented products that bring BB10 into the home.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:28 PM
    giving me a Z30 for free...

After that, whatever
    09-09-13 10:20 PM
    Fire everyone on the management team and bring in industry experts from outside the company to replace like Yahoo did with Marissa Mayer.
    09-09-13 11:20 PM
    So true! No other manufacturer releases their own updates for their own devices independent of the carriers. Obviously impossible.
    Apple is the sole exception to the carrier restrictions, and it took Apple over a year to negotiate that with AT&T (and was one of the reasons Verizon originally passed on the iPhone). The carriers HATE this, but the iPhone was so important to the industry that AT&T finally caved. When the iPhone became a huge success, Verizon and then Sprint and T-Mobile were forced into accepting the "no carrier involvement" deal in order to get the iPhone. I'm no Apple fan, but there is no denying the impact and importance of the iPhone on the smartphone world, and Apple definitely had the vision and the cachet to demand and get "no carrier involvement". No other company, not even Google, had that. BlackBerry certainly doesn't, and their contracts with the carriers do not allow them to update firmware without carrier involvement and testing. And it's not like BB is in a position of strength to renegotiate that contract right now.

Also how were any of my suggestions even remotely a response to whatever suggestions you made? Did I quote you?
    Your other suggestion was access to Google Play. The requirements for Google Play access are well-known and publicly available. A few of those:

• You must be running FULL ANDROID, certified by Google, and including the Google Framework. This fully disqualifies BB10.
    • You must join the Android Alliance.
    • You must pre-install Google Apps.
    • You may not make Android-based/variant phones that are not Google-certified.

Clearly, BB10 is absolutely never going to have direct access to Google Play.

I replied to your post because neither of your replies were even remotely grounded in reality, and have been discussed many times before.
    09-10-13 12:32 PM
    Hire a high profile credible management team from outside the company preferably someone from silicone valey, who will bring instant credibility and respect.
    09-10-13 03:07 PM
38 12