What and why does this lying keep happening? Our poor performing CMO goes out there and says that BBM is expected out within days and here we are beyond that time line in my opinion and still nothing. Fire every one of them as they all suck as executives and they should all be a part of the 4500 cuts. So brutal and there is no more excuses. I'm starting to hate BlackBerry. Over!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:25 PM
    What and why does this lying keep happening? Our poor performing CMO goes out there and says that BBM is expected out within days and here we are beyond that time line in my opinion and still nothing. Fire every one of them as they all suck as executives and they should all be a part of the 4500 cuts. So brutal and there is no more excuses. I'm starting to hate BlackBerry. Over!

Posted via CB10
    You bother to register only to say this?
    what about hello, and I am .. from ... before you are complaining?
    10-19-13 07:28 PM
    Hello, I am CJH from Yorkshire
    10-19-13 07:30 PM
    Hello, I am CJH from Yorkshire
    Cheers mate!!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-19-13 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Uh.......Welcome to CrackBerry? Please review the forums that speak to this and similar topics related to Thors, BlackBerry, and many other drama - filled topics. At this point, it's all in the history books and most of us are looking forward to the "next" chapter......or we wouldn't be here. Again Welcome.
    10-19-13 07:37 PM
    Old news travels....slow....maybe?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-19-13 07:40 PM
    Me thinks someone lost their job

But I feel your frustration.
    JR A and BerryWizard like this.
    10-19-13 07:44 PM
    Cheers mate!!
    You're welcome
    Anilu7 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-19-13 07:44 PM
    Old news travels....slow....maybe?
    Even in the time of the big frightening internet.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-19-13 07:45 PM
    Me thinks someone lost their job

But I feel your frustration.
    Are you sure it's frustration you feel?
    Anilu7 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-19-13 07:45 PM
    Are you sure it's frustration you feel?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-19-13 07:47 PM
    The OP does have a legitimate point though, even though it is his first post.

It's not relevant to me how long he has been on CB, as it does not take away from the main argument of his post. And I find myself agreeing with him.

I was actually at the BlackBerry Live event in Orlando in May at the keynote speach, when the CEO, Mr Heins got up on stage and promised cross platform BBM by the end of summer. It did not happen.

Then more than a week ago, the CMO, Frank Boulben, promised cross platform BBM was days away. That has not panned out either.

I'm just as fustrated as the OP at BlackBerry's inability to follow through on its promises and to keep its word.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-19-13 08:14 PM
    Look, I understand the frustration people are feeling, but the general ugliness towards other members isn't cool. Don't use BlackBerry problems to launch off on each other, we didn't cause this at CrackBerry, but we still have to maintain some sense of decorum.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-19-13 at 09:22 PM.
    10-19-13 08:21 PM
    I'm of the school of thought that BlackBerry should not issue any press releases and just deliver when ready.

Other people complain that BlackBerry should constantly keep us updated. This has only caused disappointment and postings like this. If you don't think BlackBerry is communicating enough, maybe you should change your mind now. Announcements are made on the best guess at the time they're made and BlackBerry no longer has the resources (money, people-power, etc.) to deliver to projected estimates.
    10-19-13 08:38 PM
    "Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    gfondeur and damien kupuku like this.
    10-19-13 09:03 PM
    "Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    I'm going to guess Mark Twain never ran a technology company.

The original mistake was Heins talking this up in May. They couldn't have been even close to a working product when he made this public deadline.

I hope the new owners make this rule #1 at BlackBerry and hang it in every single meeting room:

"Do not demo and do not talk until it's ready to ship. Period. Full stop. No exceptions. Really."
    10-19-13 09:13 PM
    You ALL miss the real point, here!
    NOTHING..... ANYWHERE is EVER on time!

10-19-13 09:18 PM
    The problem is that the CMO says it's coming "within days" and it's been almost a week. This tells me he either doesn't know that the heck he's talking about or there's a problem inside the company where people aren't communicating with one another. If Mr. Boulben was the professional he claims to be, he would've learned by now that BlackBerry can't afford to say something and then not deliver.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-19-13 at 09:21 PM. Reason: More appropriate.
    bbhuh, web99, richardat and 1 others like this.
    10-19-13 09:18 PM
    There's a difference between broken promise and a lie, especially when the entity is known to have broken several promises before.

The real underlying frustration people have with BlackBerry (at least from what I've gathered) is that they feel BBRY isn't just late on delivering things, but flat out lying. It seems BBRY knows that they can not deliver on something, yet say it anyway to appease the media/consumers for the time being. They either know they are lying or at the very least feel highly doubtful they can deliver on their word but feel they have to say it anyway to keep general interest in the company going. "BB10 will come to PlayBook" comes to mind in support of this theory...
    10-19-13 09:20 PM
    There's a difference between broken promise and a lie, especially when the entity is known to have broken several promises before.

The real underlying frustration people have with BlackBerry (at least from what I've gathered) is that they feel BBRY isn't just late on delivering things, but flat out lying. It seems BBRY knows that they can not deliver on something, yet say it anyway to appease the media/consumers for the time being. They either know they are lying or at the very least feel highly doubtful they can deliver on their word but feel they have to say it anyway to keep general interest in the company going. "BB10 will come to PlayBook" comes to mind in support of this theory...
    That's my signature, so I couldn't help but post it.

As for the PlayBook, I believe they genuinely tried to get it running on the PlayBook, and have heard that it worked but was very crappy. Besides, from a business standpoint, you can't blame them for dropping it, can you?

10-19-13 09:27 PM
    First off, I feel you if you want an exclusive blackberry feature, then maybe you should have considered a blackberry. Secondly, what have been the reasons for the numerous push backs. Thirds, if it's an issue of the it not working properly on other devices. Do you want a crappy quick version that has glitches and you'll have to update or reload again, or do you want it working right the first time.

Late but working great > as scheduled but not working properly.
    10-19-13 09:28 PM
    First off, I feel you if you want an exclusive blackberry feature, then maybe you should have considered a blackberry. Secondly, what have been the reasons for the numerous push backs. Thirds, if it's an issue of the it not working properly on other devices. Do you want a crappy quick version that has glitches and you'll have to update or reload again, or do you want it working right the first time.

Late but working great > as scheduled but not working properly.
    I totally get what you're trying to say, but the problem is BlackBerry uses this excuse almost every single time they are about to launch something. They set a deadline, create a hype and then are not able to deliver on time, delay the date several times to the point where the hype cools down in frustration and by the time they actually launch it nobody cares anymore.

I really hoped this would stop after Thor became a CEO...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 09:39 PM
    Are you people for real?
    This is an extension on a toy you're talkin' about!

10-19-13 09:42 PM
    Repeat after me and scream it from your rooftops: BLACKBERRY IS DEAD! Let's go back to the rollout of the Q10/Z10 in New York in January 2013. I had money/credit card ready to go to buy my "messiah handset" (Q10). January. My carrier was not clear when they would have the Q10 available for sale for months; although they made it clear that they would not be selling the Z10. The damn Q10 was not available until August 2013, some eight damn months later! How many customers did BB lose during that time in the U.S.?

The management of BB is braindead. Some "moron" indicated that they were "like" Apple and would make a comeback. Apple was never in the kind of shape BB is in now and, frankly, the management of Apple realizes that they have to "stick and move" to put it in boxing parlance to stay on the top. BB is dead. Dead.

I think BB should give free handsets to every loyal BB user who had to suffer with horrible browsers (BB Bold 9650) and other devices that were complete failures.
    JR A and bbhuh like this.
    10-19-13 10:33 PM
    OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE BBM ISNT OUT YET. I'M GONNA CRY MYSELF A RIVER BECAUSE THE CMO SAID A FEW DAYS AND ITS ALREADY BEEN A FEW. I COUNTED!

Posted via Z10
    10-19-13 10:45 PM
107 123 ...