No, don't defend them. Novapolskas is correct. He's not even asking for a dictionary. All he's asking for is for the letters to be present. It is irrelevant how big the market is, if you support unicode then you have all the letters anyway.

If you build it, then they might come. As it is, none will come simply because the letters aren't there. It would be pretty useless for me if my device only had Greek letters with no ability to switch. Certainly Greek and Latin letters share a common matching root even if they look different, but do I want to memorize which is which? No. That is his problem, not only does he have to memorize but Lithuanian actually has more letters than the standard Latin alphabet not less, so it is not just a simple matter of using lookalike letters and having it be good enough. If he tried to do that in correspondence he would look like a moron who doesn't know how to write. Like he was texting, e.g. R U SRS?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 05:54 PM
    Why everybody here is only whining and making up excuses, but do not requires do some actions? Excuses are not acceptable. They MUST do it and fix everything and I don't care if they have money, time, wish, desire or don't! It's time to shake this lazy Blackberry Team!
    Good luck. BlackBerry isn't going to listen to you. They have already shut down development of BB10. All they will do is fixes. They also won't be selling anymore BB10 phones other than the ones that they have in stock. So unless you can point to millions of customers in those small countries that will put up the money now, it isn't going to happen.
    12-09-15 05:54 PM
    In my opinion every phone operating system will be Number one in the market if their application ecosystem support and every startups or online vendor develop their apps that running on the specific phone OS.
    It is common for every country. Phone make our life easier.....
    Like BlackBerry is for business man...but business man has a little time to spend their time for grocery etc... a lot startups vendor or on line transaction that can provide their needs. But waaa laaa their apps design for Android and IOS.
    Than we have secure phone but that phone not make our life easier.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 05:56 PM
    not everyone needs apps, don't be ignorant.
    Not everyone, just the vast majority; which proves his point to some degree. People should also remember that the BlackBerry brand has been sullied for far too long; there are countless people that don't know, don't want to know or are straight up against BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 06:39 PM
    Need a miracle to make it happen with BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    12-09-15 06:49 PM
    No one cares about your Lithuanian language. There's probably 2 of you in the god damn country using BlackBerry 10. Give it up !
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    12-09-15 07:04 PM
    Hahaha!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    12-09-15 07:49 PM
    There were times when BB users have populated the finer, more sophisticated side of owner demography... Oh well.

And the mentioned flaw DOES exist, with multiple languages. Pitiful.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 12:49 AM
    No, don't defend them. Novapolskas is correct. He's not even asking for a dictionary. All he's asking for is for the letters to be present. It is irrelevant how big the market is, if you support unicode then you have all the letters anyway.

If you build it, then they might come. As it is, none will come simply because the letters aren't there. It would be pretty useless for me if my device only had Greek letters with no ability to switch. Certainly Greek and Latin letters share a common matching root even if they look different, but do I want to memorize which is which? No. That is his problem, not only does he have to memorize but Lithuanian actually has more letters than the standard Latin alphabet not less, so it is not just a simple matter of using lookalike letters and having it be good enough. If he tried to do that in correspondence he would look like a moron who doesn't know how to write. Like he was texting, e.g. R U SRS?

Posted via CB10
    But then they could do even more, like add support for Dvorak layout. Latin alphabet and they already support it for external keyboards, so would be easy to add for input as well and I would love that 'cause then I can finally switch to Dvorak full time (and Dvorak is used by enough people to make it relevant).

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-10-15 01:09 AM
    Apology accepted.
    That's so kind, thank you.

Since you started another thread around the same topic, I merged the 3 of them and edited the title so that we can understand what's the topic [markers has been left to avoid the loss of your audience though].
    Please avoid multiplying threads for the same (at least closely related) topic(s) in the future.

I believe it'll be more efficient if ever BlackBerry takes the time to read your long an wide request about it. But, if you have - say - tweeter a simple "Why isn't Lithuanian supported on SW and PKB under BB10" to @BlackBerry might be more efficient, IMHO.

BTW, the problem you report for PKB is well known for many countries (AFAIK: Greece, Sweedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Chech, Polish, Lithuanian, Estonian, Hungatian ... ), since day zero as it has even been pointed out in the PlayBook times (2012 !).

So, at the end of the day, it's up to you to choose your device depending on its capabilities and eventually find workarounds if some points are missing or do not fit.
    There are workarounds for SW KB, either as apps or little tricks to get (most, somehow, I believe) chars with shortcuts (see last post here : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...age/td-p/53549)

But you cannot put grief on BlackBerry for features that have not been advertised and only because you believe it should/will come.
    I understand your frustration though, as a French user, I had to choose to wait or adapt to QWERTY (normal is AZERTY) for my Q10s and Passports at launch. I choose QWERTY.

Have a nice day
    SF
    Mod team.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-10-15 at 01:52 AM.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    12-10-15 01:15 AM
    No one cares about your Lithuanian language. There's probably 2 of you in the god damn country using BlackBerry 10. Give it up !
    It seems you don't care the most!

Posted via Passport
    12-10-15 02:03 AM
    I think the blackberry playbook OS which until now is still without any support for chinese input is even better example of how blackberry is surely losing lots of its customers by its laziness.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:12 AM
    PlayBook has been officially declared EOL for a while now. And I'm not even sure it has ever been sold in China... was it ?

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-10-15 03:08 AM
    That's so kind, thank you.

Since you started another thread around the same topic, I merged the 3 of them and edited the title so that we can understand what's the topic [markers has been left to avoid the loss of your audience though].
    Please avoid multiplying threads for the same (at least closely related) topic(s) in the future.
    Ow, I see what you are doing OK
    12-10-15 06:48 AM
    6. Eh, I suppose here is where Chen's "...I'll let the market decide" comes into play. While it is totally possible that the market will tell BlackBerry to continue along with BB10 that is also highly not probable. But who knows, this is BlackBerry we are talking about here. Even if the Priv sells well Chen can still decide to leave handsets all together.
    If John Chan wants to let market to decide what it want's, first of all he MUST translate OS. Everyone see clearly that market do not need "niche" OS, they NEED global OS, Windows Phone worldwide market share proof's it . John Chan can offer "niche" device, what he is doing now with Priv and GLOBAL OS! Make 10 OS GLOBAL, then we see what market REALLY WANTS, it's so ignorant to say no one wants 10OS, maybe you want a book I got on my table, it's in Lithuanian language, no? why?????? NOBODY WANTS MY BOOK!!! it was sarcasm.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 12-10-15 at 07:42 AM.
    Ranadeep Roy likes this.
    12-10-15 07:03 AM
    Why everybody here is only whining and making up excuses, but do not requires do some actions? Excuses are not acceptable. They MUST do it and fix everything and I don't care if they have money, time, wish, desire or don't! It's time to shake this lazy Blackberry Team!
    BB10 development is over! The BB10 development team is essentially gone. Move on. These aren't excuses, they're facts.
    12-10-15 07:11 AM
    In my opinion every phone operating system will be Number one in the market if their application ecosystem support and every startups or online vendor develop their apps that running on the specific phone OS.
    It is common for every country. Phone make our life easier.....
    Like BlackBerry is for business man...but business man has a little time to spend their time for grocery etc... a lot startups vendor or on line transaction that can provide their needs. But waaa laaa their apps design for Android and IOS.
    Than we have secure phone but that phone not make our life easier.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Forget this "BlackBerry is for business man" - is not anymore. 10 OS is the same universal OS like others just lack of OS translations and keyboard layouts, so Blackberry make it on purpose a "niche" OS that is not acceptable for app developers, isn't it clear? Remember iOS? It was stupidest OS ever, but Steve Jobs knew he just needs to create OS so EVERYONE CAN USE IT so he just translated OS, started selling it worldwide and app developers did the rest! Remember, before you even had to install a flashlight app to have a F.. flashlight! 10 OS translation is only solution to get back worldwide market share and even to those small countries like Lithuania. You don't even imagine how many app developers lives here and you are using their apps today on your beloved iOS and android.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 12-10-15 at 08:52 AM.
    12-10-15 07:20 AM
    But then they could do even more, like add support for Dvorak layout. Latin alphabet and they already support it for external keyboards, so would be easy to add for input as well and I would love that 'cause then I can finally switch to Dvorak full time (and Dvorak is used by enough people to make it relevant).

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Thats what I'm talking about, just make OS relevant to use for EVERYONE in the first place, app developers will come itself like they did with iOS, android and now doing with Windows Phone.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 12-10-15 at 08:54 AM.
    12-10-15 07:33 AM
    Need a miracle to make it happen with BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    No miracle, just finish god damm job and translate that awesome OS to the other competitors level, iOS level I prefer.
    12-10-15 07:40 AM
    Like Albert Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Blackberry stuck in 2005 and it's ignorant's brings Blackberry down where it is today and there Blackberry belongs of it's ignorant's. If in 2005 OS and it's ecosystem belonged to phone manufacturers, but since apps appeared everything has changed 180 degrees. OS success doesn't belong to OS creators anymore, OS success belongs from third-party app developers support. If in 2005 Blackberry to be successful it was enough to get North American market, today North American market is nothing. What can OS creator do and need to do today is just to make OS easier to use and to make it available to use as many people as many markets as it can, that's it. Forget this "BlackBerry is for business man" - is not anymore. 10 OS is the same universal OS like others just lack of OS translations and keyboard layouts, so Blackberry make it on purpose a "niche" OS that is not acceptable to third-party app developers, isn't it clear? Remember iOS? It was stupidest OS ever, but Steve Jobs knew he just needs to create OS so EVERYONE CAN USE IT so he just translated OS, started selling it worldwide and app developers did the rest! Remember, before you even had to install a flashlight app to have a F.. flashlight! 10 OS translation is only solution to get back worldwide market share and even to those small countries like Lithuania. You don't even imagine how many app developers lives here and you are using their apps today on your beloved iOS and android.

Still 2 more than in your country, right?

No offence, but now it's not surprise to me why crackberry community is so ignorant about OS translations/keyboard layout letters, you are just a mirror of Blackberry itself and i can't blame you because it's not your fault - it's Blackberries fault, but with this ignorant "niche" narrow point of view about the worldwide OS market as you can see it goes back like a boomerang. Blackberry doesn't care about mass market? mass market doesn't care about Blackberry and Blackberry can go F itself. Don't you see? I'm talking not only about Lithuanian language, I'm talking about all European languages and all European market which is ~150% bigger then North American and ~270% bigger then USA's itself. As you can see, successful OS's is only those who is global. Even Windows Phone (2,6%) has almost 900% bigger worldwide market share than Blackberry (0,3%), but WinPhone even doesn't have android app integration, just translated OS, even into so small market like Lithuanian and I can tell you that plenty app developers here also creating Windows Phone apps, just because Windows Phone is translated into native language and can compete in the worldwide market. Apps now got iOS, android and even Windows Phone versions support because of this. Damm Blackberry 10 OS don't even have Candy Crush then Windows Phone does because of it, plenty other app developers also make Windows Phone apps just because it has potential, but Blackberry stay's ignorant like you guys and only solution see's to make android device are you Fing serious? Why you so ignorant to excuse laziness?? That's why masses say's F that lazy mother.. Blackberry.

Talking about Lithuania, yes, maybe our market is not so BIG as so damm cool and "successful" Blackberry or you wanted, but did you know even if population of Lithuania is only about 3mln, but here is 4,5-5mln SIM cards active and in use? That we have fastest WiFi in the whole world? Did you heard about Pixelmator which is like Photoshop for iOS and MAC? Yes, it was created in Lithuania, or I think lots of you are also using Skype? It was created in Estonia where population is only 1,3mln, which is from the same part of Baltic States like Lithuania and I could go on and on. My point is never underestimate any market, how small it could look to you, because here you can get biggest support if you appreciate everyone, everyone will appreciate you. But with this attitude and position like market is too small or others blablabla just to avoid to do the god damm job - you get what you deserved.

Blackberry can only be successful with "niche" device, but certainly not with "niche" OS, we see that with "niche" 10 OS it fails. Period. And Blackberry can only be successful with "niche" device only if it will use global OS, so that's why we see they desperately trying to do it with global android OS. But why they are not even try to make 10 OS global? I want answer to this question. Does anybody else? I'm afraid that Blackberry Passport Silver Edition will be my last Blackberry phone at least till it dies too and it makes me sad because I know how great 10 OS is and just because of this Blackberry laziness it will die with not got chances even to try and go to global masses market and become most successful OS which it is, but just few regions got availability to feel it.
    12-10-15 11:06 AM
    Ok, I guess we've read enough "ignorant" and you've had enough space to print it.
    So, this thread will reach the space it belongs to : the Armchair CEO section.
    Please note it's still open and linked (placeholder) in its original place.
    It's just not an OS discussion anymore. It's about how you think things should have been done.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-10-15 11:22 AM
    Completely correct.

If you have 1 billion stupid people you still have 1 billion stupid people. You don't have 100 million Einsteins and 900 million stupid people just because there is a greater statistical possibility for increased occurrence frequency. That is magical thinking. If it was true, every company would have a Steve Jobs as CEO.

If there is a market that is happy to do business with you then here is your customer, do business, be happy. Why turn it down for nothing. Penny wise, pound foolish. Even if you had to hire a single permanent developer on a yearly salary to put together the lookup tables for virtual keyboards in the OS, that's still a great deal compared to lost mindshare, sales, etc.

So stupid, BlackBerry could definitely have tried to have the greatest global coverage as a selling point.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 11:25 AM
    No miracle, just finish god damm job and translate that awesome OS to the other competitors level, iOS level I prefer.
    I see your mistake now.... you actually taught that BlackBerry was in the same league as Apple and Google. Sorry, but we are talking about a company with much few resources.... In a way they never had a chance at producing a competitive Global product.

Anyway, as others have said... at this point, its all over. BB10 isn't going to receive the kind of attention that you want, so live with it or just move on. Thankfully with Android there are many optional keyboards that can be installed, so any future BlackBerry devices should meet your Language needs.
    12-10-15 11:42 AM
    Again, accommodating infrequently encountered languages will not magically convert the entire world to BlackBerry's side. If that was really the reason, then BB10 being in English would mean that the United States, Britain, Canada, etc would be unwavering in their support of BlackBerry, which is patently false.

A healthy ecosystem would haven given them the edge in the first world market, but it was not to be. Selling attractive yet affordable devices would have given them the edge in the third world market, but that was not meant to be either. BlackBerry has none of the above.

And given the massive layoffs at BlackBerry, coupled with the general lifelessness of BB10, the case for emergency surgery to bring the coma patient awake is frivolous at best.

They could have an OS in Lithuanian, Esperanto or Klingon, but if nobody wants it, nobody wants it.
    12-10-15 12:09 PM
    So this is all becuase BlackBerry doesn't support Lithuanian????
    12-10-15 12:21 PM
358 ... 23456 ...