Ok, lets play a game. Would any of you buy a devices which have best ecosystem in this world and have all available apps in this world, but it just do not have your native language virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translation? Yes or No?

Status: BB10OS still lack of OS localization (still only 34 supported languages)

Why we should boycott android OS and demand Blackberry make Blackberry 10 OS global OS?

Final strong message for Blackberry Team and John Chen, CEO of Blackberry. Everyone must read!

Since 2016 is almost knocking to the doors, I think it's time for me to take my thread into next level and more deeper.

I see how everyone here is frustrated and asking why such company like Blackberry with building the right devices, the right software, can get their business model so wrong, I will tell you why - it's the OS localization that really matters.

Localization is #1 problem then you want to sell your devices, why? What the first thing you do then you buy new phone, smartphone or whatever you call it? step by step:

1) You buy your new phone.
    2) You take the phone out of the box.
    3) You turn your phone ON.
    and what the first thing your new phone asks? Yes:
    4) Choose your LANGUAGE!
    not what apps you want to install first? Oh, sorry we do not have these.... but WHAT LANGUAGE DO YOU WANT ON YOUR PHONE!

Blackberry 10 OS localization is still like it was in 80's. This is obvious, because everyone see today what Blackberry done, they start selling Blackberry device powered by android OS which is localized/global OS and everyone can use it worldwide and I can tell that this move is not so bad move at all if only Blackberry Priv device was only created as a DEMO device for everyone to see what features they are missing without Blackberry 10 OS and what is coming from Blackberry software third-party apps division for android OS, but it is only not a bad thing only if Priv was created for exactly the same reason as I wrote, if it's not and Blackberry is thinking to kill Blackberry 10OS and go only with android OS, then it is most definitely the worst move Blackberry could made and I tell you why.

Talking about hardware business, yes, you can sell devices worldwide, but only devices itself, if you put a "niche OS" in that device so only few regions could use it, it's like the same as you put only this EU plug on your device:
    [lang. / KB] Why Blackberry 10 devices not popular and it's not about apps?-euro-flachstecker_2.jpg
    and start to sell device worldwide and be surprised why we got so small worldwide market share, why US, UK, Asian and other markets do not buy your devices and pretend it's not because you put only one type EU plug. You see, plug for devices is the same like languages, OS translations with virtual keyboard layout letters for OS. If you sell your device with only EU plug, it's logically that only EU market will buy your devices, same story is with OS, if OS will have only "niche" translations only specific regions/markets will buy it, so today to talk about worldwide market share with BB10OS is irrelevant. In second hand you can tell whatever you want, but I think it's still pretty impressive how Blackberry can make 0,3% worldwide market share with such a "niche OS" compare to others "niche OS" which are mostly not even in the worldwide market share map and mostly are called "others".

Software

Talking about Blackberry 10 OS first world problem is that, then Blackberry launched their new Blackberry 10 OS in 2013, Blackberry done everything exactly the same like it was in 2005 and like Albert Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.". Maybe it would be a success in 2005, but definitely not in 2013, why? Because OS as OS changed 180 degrees and become independent operating system from OS creator. If in 2005 every mobile OS was depended from OS creators, everyone who buy devices got functions and features what OS creator created and had to live with it and that's it, now OS is depended from third-party app developers, and it's obvious. Look at iOS, I think iOS is most stupidest OS for "smartphones" ever created, but it flourished just because of the huge third-party app developers support. Remember back in the days, you had even to download "Flashlight" app to have a f...... flashlight?? Same story with android OS and others OS.

What I'm talking about is that Blackberry in 2013 BB10OS launch did exactly the same like in 2005, they translated and put virtual keyboard layout letters and pushed OS to exactly same regions/markets as they did with 6&7OS and older OS versions and this was a biggest mistake they could make because OS, like I said, in 2013 OS become no longer depended from OS creators and keeping BB10OS in purpose as a "niche OS", as it was with 6&7 OS or earlier versions, was not acceptable in today's 2013 world like it was in 2005, because like I said, OS become depended from third-party app developers, not from OS creators like Blackberry wanted.

To be more clear, Blackberry 10 OS has least OS translation in the OS market, here's the facts:

Numbers of supported Languages:
    Blackberry 10 OS: 34
    iOS: 67
    Android: 80
    Windows Phone: 54

Blackberry 10 OS do not have at least these virtual keyboard layout letters:

Armenian
    Bulgarian Phonetic (preset)
    Chinese traditional
    Estonian
    Georgian
    Japan
    Korean
    Latvian
    Lithuanian
    Macedonian
    Maltese
    Serbian
    Ukrainian Translit
    Uzbek (Latin)

And to thank for changing OS to 180 degrees.. obviously we can to highly respected Steve Jobs. iOS from the first launch was pushed as many markets/regions as possible and yes, even to Baltic States (Lithuania,Latvia,Estonia) too. Steve Jobs did a great job, he just created device with stupidest OS ever made and called it "smartphone" and told everyone if you miss something or you want something more "just make app for that", that's it. He understand that he just need to make OS available to EVERYONE, so he just needed to translate OS so EVERYONE could understand how to use it and put virtual keyboard letters so EVERYONE could type/write with it, if someone will miss something (like a f.... flashlight) they will make app for that and EVERYONE did! You will be surprised how strong support iOS have from Lithuanian third-party app developers which are employed by US companies or working on their own. If you are talking about perfect successful business story, JACKPOT!

Ok, going back to BB10OS, if you compare BB10OS with iOS, Windows Phone or android OS, BB10OS is definitely smartest OS in this earth today. Since day one BB10OS got so many features like no other competitor had, from simplest integrated “flashlight” function, video maker (Story Maker) or even build in photo editor and list could go on and on, but just because of Blackberry's view stuck in 2005, that OS success still belongs only from OS creator and it's only enough to make OS available to the same markets/regions as they did all their life and do not think or did not want to accept that they will need third-party app developers support and third-party app developers will not be interested to support “niche OS” for few markets/regions, made them fail and they STILL failing bad for the same reason.

Hardware

If Blackberry understand that they NEED to put global OS in their devices to increase devices sales more then it is today, so why Blackberry still keeping in purpose BB10OS as a “niche OS”? It makes no sense, except if they doing this in purpose.

If until Blackberry Priv powered by android OS came out, Blackberry was unique with it's devices with BB10OS and had 0 competitors, because no one else was making devices with BB10OS, or had only 3 other competitors by OS, today with Blackberry Priv they went to competition at least with 22 other competitors who uses same android OS on their devices and by android OS, Blackberry do not have any uniqueness left and only hardware become really matters. If you watch youtube or read other reviews, you will understand that this already started and is happening right now.

Why Blackberry wants to join this irrelevant competition? Why they abandoned BB10OS? Why they do not want to be unique and do not want to make BB10OS global OS and conquered the worldwide market with smartest OS ever created and they still keeping it in purpose as a “niche OS”?

I'm not part of the Blackberry Team so I can't make any real direct influence for changes, but If Blackberry really do not have any vision what to do, I will offer few right now for:

Software Division

First of all about BB10OS. Yes, you spoiled BB10OS users by releasing updates every 1-3 or 6 months and every BB10OS user get used to this. I understand that no other OS creator do this, what other OS users get? In 1-2 years a single update release? And yes, BB10OS is mature enough and is smartest OS in this earth today, thanks to you Blackberry Team and I understand what is left to do is to polish everything and make some bug fixes.
    New features is not number one need today, third-party app developers “will make apps for that”, now you just need to make BB10OS global OS, translate OS and put virtual keyboard layout letters to android OS level so EVERYONE in this world could use and enjoy your greatest creation.
    And one more thing, silence is not good. Just spread the word so every BB10OS user just calm down and stopped spreading false statements that you are killing BB10OS so they just knew that you are working with OS translations to make BB10OS available to use for EVERYONE worldwide so they can just fearlessly use their devices and will not be abandoned, BB10OS is at last a mature OS and more updates will come but not so often like it used to be. That's it, everyone will be in euphoria.

Now about becoming third-party app developer for android OS. Like I said before, It is not bad thing at all, but if you just only making apps for android OS today and do nothing to make BB10OS global OS, then you are nothing but another third-party app developer from small town in Lithuania. Seriously, BB10OS MUST BE your number one priority, not these meaningless apps who nobody needs, no offense.
    In second hand, these android apps can be nice demo's to show features for android OS users what they'r missing not having BB10OS devices. Same could be done with iOS and Windows Phone too, but just for demo's/expanding to see what they can get from BB10OS devices straight from the box and "don't need app for that", definitely not abandoning BB10OS.

Hardware Division

Since this second, you MUST demand Software Division to make BB10OS global OS in upcoming 10.3.3, 10.3.4, 10.4 or whatever you will call next update, so you could finally put your native global OS, not adopted google's privcripple OS to your beautiful devices, that's it! Only after this you will be able to sell much more then 800k devices.

Also, talking about your devices hardware. Loud speakers of Z30 and Passport Silver Edition should become your lowest standard for upcoming new phones, period. I do not understand why you did not put these great loud speakers for 1st generation Passport, just for Passport Silver Edition, but I'm glad you at least did it with Silver Edition. Honestly, Passport 1st generation loud speakers compared to Passport Silver Edition or even with Z30 and as I can hear from Blackberry Priv reviews, both are sh**. Do not do this anymore, Z30 and Passport Silver Edition loud speakers must be your lowest standard today.

Finally, Third-party app developers support

Only after BB10OS become global OS, third-app developers will want and see the need to support BB10OS, because today while BB10OS still is a “niche OS” for few markets/regions it will never make interest for app developers to support and it's obvious. People don't buy devices, app developers don't see why they should be making native apps for a few guys in US and Canada. OS must be global, device must be global, then it will become interesting to people around the globe and just after this app developers get interest and feel the need to make native apps not wise versa. This is how iOS forced Google and others to make apps for them, if people couldn't use iOS devices of lack of OS translations, they did not bought so many iOS devices worldwide, Google and others would never done apps for iOS also, this is fact.

Conclusion

Blackberry 10 OS supports only 34 languages and got 0,3% worldwide market share, fact is Windows Phone supports 20 more languages than Blackberry and got 2,7% worldwide market share, iOS supports 33 more languages than Blackberry and got 13,9% worldwide market share, Samsung with android OS supports 46 more languages than Blackberry and got 21,4% worldwide market share, it is clear to see that Blackberry must make BB10OS global OS so it could compete with others, because today BB10OS do not even have the rights to be compared with others OS by worldwide market share with this "niche" OS translations. First of all make BB10OS global OS, only after this we'll can compare to others OS and see what masses really wants, until now it's worthless speculations.

Now I'm watching at my so damm beautiful Passport Silver Edition and it makes me sad because if Blackberry will not make BB10OS global OS and keeps keeping it as a "niche OS" and just kill it, it will be my last Blackberry..
    So everyone, just go to every known social media where Blackberry is and demand Blackberry move forward and make BB10OS global OS! I Wish everyone here best luck and for Blackberry I want to wish at last start 'moving forward' in 2016!

P.S. Sorry for the long post, here's song which will help you to think about all of this before it's not too late and Blackberry Teams almost 3 years job will go to recycle bin and it become official from Blackberry CEO's lips.

UPDATE:

Fact? If you are talking about US market only, then yes, I agree with you, Blackberry get 0.3% of the 90%-100% US market (if devices is actually available 90%-100% in all US market). But if we are talking about worldwide market, then sorry, I totally disagree with you. In one hand, yes, in 2016 you can make available to buy devices itself worldwide even if you have single warehouse in Canada and be able to cover 90-100% worldwide market with carriers, third-party distributors, local retailers, e-shops and etc. but if we talk about localization, to make sell these devices is becoming a totally different story.
    Blackberry 10 OS supports only 34 languages, so if you compare even with second least localized OS Windows Phone, who have 54 supported languages, then Blackberry covers only ~63% by worldwide localization, if you compare with iOS which supporting 67 languages, then worldwide coverage drops down to ~51% and if you compare BB10OS with android OS which with capability to root almost any language you want and can support over 90 languages and more, worldwide coverage drops down to ~38% or even less.

I do not understand how you can not pay attention to this serious issue? If you'r developing apps, websites and etc. or buy any new device from phones to smart TV's or even cars, first thing you are asked to do is to choose your LANGUAGE and region before you start creating apps, websites or before you start using phones, tablets, smartwatches, smart TV's or even cars and etc.

At least everyone here agrees that BB10OS devices is suffering and not popular because of lack of apps, but how you will attract third-party app developers if your OS has such a huge lack of localization, which leads to people do not buy devices worldwide, only in localized markets/regions. OS is not depended only from OS creator anymore in 2016 like it used to be in 2005 then Blackberry and Nokia was #1 in US and EU markets, and OS must have third-app developers support in today's 2016 world, so just because of Blackberrys in purpose still keeping BB10OS as a "niche OS" by localization, makes BB10OS lack of apps, so only 0,3% is still confident with that and buy Blackberry 10 devices.

Localization must be #1 priority for Blackberry in upcoming next BB10OS update and it doesn't matter if other 20-30 missing languages have population of 100 million or 1 billion, it MUST be #1 because other competitors OS whatever you pick iOS, android, WP8, WP10, having at least minimum 54 supported languages, Blackberry do not support almost 40% basic languages which every other OS supports for many years. This is why others OS get support from third-party app developers, Blackberry don't just because of this serious "localization/people can't buy devices worldwide" stupid basic unfinished homework limitations, get this in your heads.

Only if Blackberry added virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations at least to these Eastern European countries: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Blackberry just needed to get only 1-1.2% slice of these markets to double last quarters sales to 1.6 mln. devices already. I think this sooo expensive "virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations" would boy off in the first quarter.
    Also, we found out in this thread and community members shared that Chinese traditional and Korean languages also not supported by BB10OS. So it would be the same story, Blackberry just needed to get same only 1-1.2% slice of these markets to double last quarters sales to 1.6 mln, so only by these basic simple actions, Blackberry could triple sales at least to 2,4 mln devices already. Even in worst case scenario they could sell only 0.3% devices in these new markets/regions, they still could increase last quarter sales at least by 50% already! And this just could be the beginning and fresh start to make BB10OS flourish again and at last to make attractive for third-party app developers.

To do nothing is worth 0%, spreading negative emotions everywhere and SCREAM that BLACKBERRY IS DEAD makes sales not only 0%, but even more negative -5% for example. So stop being haters and be negatives! Don't like BB10? Then use others OS and be HAPPY, stop being horses with blinkers here!

P.S. sorry for another long post, here's another song to help to think that let BB10OS go is not an option, enjoy with your Blackberry 10 devices:

Older:

Strong message for Blackberry Team. Everyone must read!

OS Version: 10.3.2.2813
    Blackberry 10 OS translations - STILL NOT FIXED
    Blackberry 10 Input languages/virtual keyboard layout letters - STILL NOT FIXED

To make it clear, third-party app developers with BB10OS lack of translations and virtual keyboard layout letters can't reach half of European market, HALF! That's why BB10OS is lack of apps! If BB10OS can't reach half of European market, so who will be interested to develop apps for it? Windows Phone supports all European translation and virtual keyboard layout letters, that's why it got 9 times bigger worldwide market share and third-party app developers shows much bigger support then for BB10OS. Ok, maybe for you it's just extra 150 mln people, but it's a half of Europe if you count by country, not by population and it's the same like half of USA market by population or by states. By saying Lithuania or other countries is too small markets is the same like saying Utah is too small market, California is enough. Third-party app developers will not support until OS become global OS. What would be the sales and third-party app developers support if only half of USA states could use BB10OS? BB10OS must be translated into all European languages so it could compete with other competitors otherwise no third-party app developers will ever support the OS which can reach only half of European market, specially if these third-party app developers even lives in that not supported European countries. if you want apps you must reach the market with languages so people could use devices not wise versa. What is the point from apps if people can't use devices, people can't use devices because of lack of OS translations and virtual keyboard layout letters = no apps.

You see, to make successful OS only thing you need to do is to make it possible to use to EVERYONE and to do this, only thing you need to do is to translate OS and put virtual keyboard layout letters so EVERYONE could understand how to use it and it was possible to type/write with your OS devices. That's it! If even something else will be missing on your OS, third-party app developers will create "app for that"! This is how worldwide OS works today and you will never can compete with "niche" OS because third-party app developers is not interested to make small regions apps, they want create worldwide apps so everyone could use it and it's becoming like a closed circle. To go out of this closed circle Blackberry must to translate and put virtual keyboard layout letters at least to Windows Phone OS level, but now it just looks like Blackberry is on this closed circle in purpose. And I think Blackberry is doing it in purpose just because they clearly understand that if they want to get back worldwide market share they must put global OS which is android OS now on their new Blackberry Priv device, but they still keep BB10OS as a "niche" OS. Why they are doing like this? It makes no sense. Why they on purpose leave BB10OS as "niche" OS? It's clearly to see that not the worldwide market do not want BB10OS, Blackberry itself do not want to make BB10OS global OS and is trying to kill it by leaving it as a "niche" OS and by telling everyone that worldwide market do not want BB10OS?? This is insane.

Who say's "It's pretty clear the masses don't want BlackBerry 10" it's so far from the truth. I will tell you the truth folks, but before I start I will be pretty clear that I'm also die hard Blackberry 10 OS user, but not that iDiots level. I see clearly what it's wrong with it and I will tell it straight and my words not suppose to be offending, but clearing things up to help Blackberry hear what it needs to do, ok, they can not listen what customers wants, but they must once and for all finally hear what customers needs, needs and needs.
    OK, talking about the truth, I will tell you why people refuse to buy 10 OS devices and why carriers stopped selling and even demanded to their customers not to buy Blackberry 10 devices and it will be not about lack of apps and it will be only facts.

+yes, you can make success in North America just on the languages provided alone with the phone, that's what Blackberry trying with Priv and that's why today it's not enough to take only North American market with OS because OS became depended from worldwide market and for app developers only North American market is not enough, that's why Blackberry put android OS on Priv. Why they did that? Because android is global OS, translated to every single language and everyone can use it so everyone is making apps for it. Logically? Why other fruit devices has huge success? Same story, OS is global, translated to every single language and everyone can use it so everyone is making apps for it. What is going on with 10 OS? OS is not global, it's not translated to every single language, just in few and not everyone can use it, no global market so that's why not everyone, just specific developers works with it. I do not know why Blackberry is thinking like it is 2005. To interest app developers you must create global OS today not specific just for North Americans.

1st Fact. Why people refuse to buy or why masses don't want Blackberry 10 devices? and it will be not about lack of apps. It's more clear to me that Blackberry itself do not want to sell Blackberry 10 OS devices to masses and I will tell you why. The reason is very simple - Blackberry 10 OS is not translated to the most of European languages. To be more clear, Blackberry 10 OS has least OS translation in the OS market, here's the facts:

Now it's easy to say why masses do not buy Blackberry 10 OS devices, they want Blackberry 10 devices, but they can not use it not because they don't want - they need native translations to understand how to use Blackberry devices. Blackberry 10 OS devices do not have most OS translations of European languages, this is another stupid unfinished homework and if Blackberry keep it going by way of software updates, for at least two more updates, OS translation should be done in the first place. even if Blackberry Priv android version will not have same translations as other android devices, masses will not buy even this Priv android version and it's a fact. It's the same if I started to sell a book in Canada or USA but it would be written in Lithuanian language and I would say no one wants to buy my books. And still saying masses do not want Blackberry 10 OS devices? Clear about that? Ok, moving forward.

2nd Fact. Why people refuse to buy or why masses don't want Blackberry 10 devices 2nd part? And again it will be not about lack of apps. Since Blackberry claims that you will get best keyboard experience, but it doesn't. Like with lack of OS translations, the same situation is with virtual keyboard layouts - vitual keyboard layouts for a most of European languages just does not exist. Do you understand how unprofessional it looks if you can't type in your native language for business people? I will say it clear - Business people do not want to look uneducated and look like they do not know how to type in native language. If Blackberry is claiming I will get best keyboard experience so there is Lithuanian language layout and these letters: ąčęėįšųūž? If Blackberry Priv Blackberry virtual keyboard is also lack of language layouts as 10 OS, masses will not buy Priv too. This is a fact why masses do not and will not buy Blackberry 10 OS or Privdroid devices even if they wanted to, they just can't because of this unfinished stupid homework.

If someone else will excuse Blackberry because it is niche player. Here is workaround app for what I'm talking about:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=LT&lang=en

Even talking about hardware keyboards, Blackberry is doing so unprofessional job with virtual keyboard layouts. If even someone was not so lazy to make an app to be able at least to write in app in Lithuanian or in other lack 10 OS virtual keyboard layout letters, so what the hell is wrong with Blackberry itself to make standard virtual keyboard layouts?? Seriously, now if we want to write something in native language, we have to open this app, write something we want to write and COPY-PASTE IT where we need to. THIS IS STUPID AND UNPROFESSIONAL. If talking about physical/hardware keyboard, I could type in Lithuanian even with this old Nokia 8800 or even older devices:

[lang. / KB] Why Blackberry 10 devices not popular and it's not about apps?-04081312201177.jpg
    (OS also was translated in Lithuanian)

Is it to difficult to make Blackberry by double type A get Ą, or double type E to get Ę or triple type get Ė?? It's possible now to do that with not so lazy guys created app, but keyboard layout like Lithuanian and many other region letters like ĄČĘĖĮŠŲŪŽ just do not exist on Blackberry 10 OS itself thanks to the "niche" Blackberry Team. It's so unprofessional from the company who claims "you will get best keyboard experience".

And Blackberry is still surprised why masses do not use 10 OS devices? Make it possible to use it in the first place and we use it! Translate OS to all European languages or just to Windows Phone level, which also has Lithuanian language however it's a small market to everyone here is! and your worldwide market share will grow in the same second. How can that kind of company fall from that stupid unfinished homework like this. As you can see it's not 2005 and you NEED to make OS global, not just for North American region. You see clearly why app developers is not interested, because of your too narrow view stuck in 2005. WAKE UP! It's almost 2016! We are tired of workarounds, it's time to make 10 OS global!
    Does anyone knows how to help Blackberry Team to add at least more virtual keyboard layouts? I would like to help them.

3rd Fact. And you will hate me. Blackberry HUB - everything in one place, sorry but no. 6 OS and 7 OS got a "Messages" app and it is pretty the same like HUB today on 10 OS there indeed was everything in one place, today Blackberry HUB is a worse version of "Messages" app. In 6&7OS "Messages" app I could find everything I did, for example: facebook, twitter, foursquare and etc - in "Messages" app I can see and find what I liked on facebook, what I commented on facebook or post I created, no need to go to Facebook, Twitter or etc. apps to search what I commented or liked photos I liked, in other words MY every move like my likes, comments, post and etc was on "Messages" app, but today with Blackberry HUB I can only see what others commented to me or what others liked my post/comments and that's it and only others, no my likes, my comments, my post and so HUB lost its charm if you compare to old 6&7OS "Messages" app. You can hate me, but I hate that Blackberry HUB works like this, I want "Messages" app functionality back to find every my move in one place not only what others sent to me. This is what I miss the most from 10 OS HUB after 6&7OS "Messages" experience. "Messages" app used to show every single email, every single move I did with 7OS device, Blackberry HUB do not do this any more and I need it back. I hoped that Blackberry will fix HUB at least to compete with old "Messages" on 7OS devices, but they even still did not do that, so what can you expect from masses. What is the reason to downgrade functionalities on the HUB? If HUB android version is the same like on 10 OS, sad to say, but it will die soon, no one just wont use it anymore if it will not get at least same functionalities as "Messages" on 7OS devices use to have and it was great! Old 6&7OS "Messages" app was why I loved Blackberry devices in the first place.

4th Fact. Finally - lack of apps. And I think everyone will agree with me that Blackberry just need to get approved Blackberry 10 OS devices with Google Play Services and lack of apps issue would be gone forever. And if there's not app for 10 OS it is not such a big deal after all. Today most of the android apps works if it's not require Google Play Services. I personally do not care if there's not some insignificant apps, if there isn't on Blackberry World or android version requires Google Play Services, that means they don't want me to use it, if you want me to use it, make it available for Blackberry 10 otherwise F them. There are plenty and better alternatives like I found Maps.Me because Here Maps do not work and all I can say thank you Here Maps app developers, otherwise I couldn't find a better offline maps app then yours - in your face.

5th Fact. And the biggest one is - Why carriers, mobile operators or whatever you like to call it stopped selling and even demanded to their customers not to buy Blackberry 10 devices? It's all about emails and it's a fact. My carrier, Bite in Lithuania which was primary and official Blackberry devices and services seller and which influenced me personally to switch my old Nokia N93 to my first Blackberry - Torch 9800 with 6 OS and it was only because of emails. They told me that no other phone was so great with emailing so I was sold and since 1st day I was amazed how great this device was. So it was no surprise that my next upgrade was Torch 9810 and 7 OS worked even more flawlessly. But after Blackberry 10 OS - Z10 and Q10 devices was introduced everything suddenly changed. My carrier Bite after few months of sales started to get many complains that 10 OS devices do not get emails, in other words emailing just sucks, so carrier was forced to do the returns of 10OS devices. So my carrier demanded me to stick with the 7 OS or look for other alternatives like other fruit devices which was still pretty new in the market if I still want to get emails on my device. I was so frustrated and couldn't believe how Blackberry could made worse OS. I didn't had big demands for new 10 OS I just expected to have at least the same experience or a little bit better. But since day 1 with my new Z10 I felt something wrong and my carrier was right. My new 10 OS device become silent. Then the old 7 OS Torch sounded and notified me about every new email I got in a second, 10 OS still was silent, but it was not only silent but it also did not show any emails at all in the main HUB, only option was to manually by myself to check every single folder to see if there was any new emails or not. This is frustrating and it never was normal to me because 7 OS always show every single email I got if it was on inbox or just skipped to go straight to specific labels. I found out that Blackberry HUB main list which notifies about new emails only shows emails which are on inbox or from sent mail folder, that's it.
    Just after Blackberry Blend was out I can proof it is a huge bug which must be fixed. Bug is with "Show Read Filed Emails" button - it works only with Blackberry Blend desktop version, but do not work with 10 OS devices itself, you can see all your emails only on Blackberry Blend, but still empty on Blackberry HUB main list itself + no notifications at all. On 7 OS this button then you turn on is called "Hide Filed Messages", maybe this is why "Show Read Filed Emails" on 10 OS and "Hide Filed Messages" on 7 OS, I mean "Show" and "Hide" then you turn on it still always hidden on 10 OS, but not on Blackberry Blend, I think they did not change the code of that button then you turn on to "Show" emails but they are still "Hidden" and that's why it's always works as hidden on devices itself, but with Blackberry Blend this button works flawlessly, how can you explain that? Blackberry must fix this awful bug if they want to get back their trust of carriers and customers who had this awful experience and was forced to throw away 10 OS devices and switch to competitors because of this I will call - a stupid unfinished homework, and it's insane to tell that today this issue is still not fixed, I tried in every single way to tell them but with no results and I will tell you straight - workarounds is not an option, they must to fix this button, or they just do not want to understand and doing it in purpose since 10 OS came out to kill it in the first place. Hope I'm wrong.

6th Fact. What if I told you that masses here in Lithuania (Europe) even forced my carrier Bite at least to put Blackberry Passport back on sale? Can't be more clear about masses needs. If you understand that I'm talking about global market, not only about USA or Canada. If here you do not buy Blackberry 10 OS because it's not cool any more, in Europe is vise versa, other fruit devices is not cool anymore and nobody is surprised if you take it from your pocket, but with Blackberry 10 OS is a different story, everyone is surprised and in the very good way and the only reason why we still buy other fruit devices is because it meets the above listed basic needs, which Blackberry 10 OS today - does not, and I hope in upcoming next 10 OS updates, it will be done and Blackberry finally be surprised how little they needed to do all this time to make masses want Blackberry 10 OS. Masses can not buy 10 OS devices because they need native OS translation and native virtual keyboard layouts they need even more and the last fact is that masses wants Blackberry 10 OS devices, just Blackberry needs to finish it's unfinished stupid homework:

1) Fix "Show Read Filed Emails" button to work like "Hide Filed Messages" button on 6&7OS not only with Blackberry Blend desktop version, but also with Blackberry 10 OS devices itself.
    2) Translate OS at least to all European languages, so masses could use native languages to understand what button's and menu list's means so masses could finally use Blackberry 10 OS devices.
    3) Put every single known language virtual keyboard layout, so masses finally could type all letters and feel indeed the best keyboard experience.
    4) Make Blackberry HUB to see not only what others sent you but also every your move itself like it used to be with 6&7OS "Messages" app.

it's about almost 3rd year Blackberry did not move forward with these few issues. I'm seriously frustrated because it's more clearly now that there's very little BlackBerry 10 development going on at this point if any. And they are making a huge mistake. Ok then, just finish your god damm homework's Blackberry, make 10 OS flawless. Do not want to develop? Then better just finish what you have started and fix "Show Read Filed Emails" button, Translate OS and put virtual keyboard layouts at least to Windows Phone level and make Blackberry HUB work like "Messages" app use to work with all apps and emails on 7OS and then see what will happen. I guarantee you will be surprised. They do not even try to go to Europe market and what the hell is this?? I do not understand then why they bother to spend time and money to translate license and agreements into Lithuanian and in every other European languages if they did not even bother to translate 10 OS itself in the first place? And saying masses do not want Blackberry 10 it just makes no sense. I'm shore they can afford to finish these homework's since they spend so much after all. Just this little need to do to make it sell, what need to be said more to prove it and convince them? Doesn't it makes it clear that not masses but Blackberry itself do not want Blackberry 10 OS to be successful since the beginning? Am I wrong? So why they made Blackberry HUB with downgraded "Messages" app features and with the huge bug with labeled emails? Why only few virtual keyboard layouts are on their best keyboards? Why 10 OS itself is not translated into all European languages? Am I still wrong? Then I need a proof that I'm wrong.

+ If only lack of apps was a truly first worlds problem, so why Windows Phones has 2,6% and Blackberry has just 0,3% worldwide market share today? I think Windows Phone got a much bigger gap in apps then Blackberry 10 OS since you can install almost every android app so why Whindows Phone worldwide market share is bigger, though Blackberry has a huge advantage with android apps? Again, no OS translations.

If Blackberry 10 OS got at least the same number of supported Languages, Blackberry would get at least the same or maybe even much higher worldwide market share than Windows Phone or maybe it could even cut off a big slice from Android itself, why? Because it support most of android apps, why it's not happening? Again, no OS translations. Not everyone needs apps, most of the people do not even use apps, most of the people just need a device they can understand and use, but Blackberry 10 OS does not even have a chance to compete in so many regions, thats why Windows Phone and android devices and even other fruit devices has bigger worldwide market share, because they all have global OS, everyone understand how to use it, it looks like Blackberry doing it in purpose. Fact is if 10 OS had at least all European translations (don't know about other lack translation regions) it could crush Windows Phone and took a nice slice from android market if OS was global. Today it's not even in the stores here in Europe because of this. Now Blackberry trying to do this by becoming another droid developer, so stupid. They just need to translate OS to become global and watch how people around the world at last can use it and type on it, how worldwide market share grows and at last more and more app developers getting more interest to take a slice from Blackberry OS market.

I believe if Blackberry with upcoming 10 OS updates fixed at least these three first unfinished homework's, it would be a game changer for Blackberry 10 OS and I could say at last Blackberry is back in the game with this greatest OS on the market and masses could finally buy and use Blackberry 10 OS devices and force carriers like my carrier was forced to put back this time not only Blackberry Passport on sale, but all 10 OS devices and after this app developers like snapchat, instagram and etc will see the opportunity and would be forced too to make native Blackberry 10 OS apps if they wanted to cut off a large slice of Blackberry 10 users market to use they services. I hope this will become a reality and don't get me wrong, after all I love Blackberry 10 OS, just asking Blackberry - Please at least finish these first three yours unfinished stupid homework's I wrote above on your next updates to make 10 OS perfect to masses, not only to specific regions, I still believe, that Blackberry 10 OS can move forward and this Privraped droid device was only a short-term misunderstanding and Blackberry will stop this madness and will not force masses to move forward with other fruit or droid devices ever again just because of these small unfinished stupid homework's.
    Can they finish these homework's or just die not even trying? I'm look forward to all of your reply.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 01-07-16 at 11:52 AM.
    Zeratul57, nic01, gugomat and 2 others like this.
    09-24-15 08:17 AM
    You can't force BBERRY to do anything.

 Classic
    09-24-15 09:04 AM
    09-24-15 09:04 AM
    You can't force BBERRY to do anything.

 Classic
    So you say that we just need to wait till Blackberry switch to android, right?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-24-15 11:33 AM
    So you say that we just need to wait till Blackberry switch to android, right?
    LOL. More of the same? What happened to the first thread?

G6Edge+ / Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium and CTF down! 👌😎
    09-24-15 11:39 AM
    Dead Horse....
    ...... beaten to death......

G6Edge+ / Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium and CTF down! 👌😎
    09-24-15 11:40 AM
    Dead Horse....
    Exactly, it's year 2015 and I need to write about this. Today this language issue is like creating car without a steering wheel. + I don't know where you are from, but imagine if you are English speaker and if you bought a German car and all the systems, media and etc. would be only in German or Russian or you traveled to my country. How would you feel or do if you understand nothing? Its easy to laugh from this, but this is serious issue for people who don't read in Blackberry's chosen one Countries languages. How Blackberry expect to sell well in global market if keyboard and OS is translated only in few languages. srsly? Do you think it's nothing? I think it's everything and if Blackberry made this changes and translated 10 OS, made fully functional keyboard for every language it would definitely sell and sell big everywhere and definitely in my country too, but today no OS translation? even no keyboard in my language?? sorry next time. People don't buy devices, app developers don't see why they should be making native apps for a few guys in US and Canada. OS must be global, device must be global, then it will become interesting to people around the globe and just after this app developers get interest and feel the need to make native apps not wise versa.
    idhbar, AlexXF and janisfreimanis like this.
    09-24-15 12:03 PM

G6Edge+ / Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium and CTF down! ����
    I repeat. OS must be global, device must be global, then it will become interesting to people around the globe and just after this app developers get interest and feel the need to make native apps not wise versa.
    09-24-15 12:09 PM
    LOL. More of the same? What happened to the first thread?

G6Edge+ / Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium and CTF down! ����
    First one is not over. Trying to contact via @blackberryhelp but its difficult with them.

+ what is the same? this is completely different reason why Blackberry don't sell, specially in Europe.
    09-24-15 12:15 PM
    Priorities. Is it worth the investment? Probably not, or they would've invested time and money in getting those languages to the OS and it would be there today. It's a harsh truth, but there's no one who can make everyone happy.

I truly feel for you as you seem to love you device and you would love it even more if it had what you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:20 PM

Even other fruit company have Lithuanian language with full keyboard support, what are you talking about? and it will be dead and that's why people around the world thinks it is already dead. if Blackberry wont make OS global, translated in every single language like their everyone competitor, they will never sell well. Except if Blackberry do this on purpose, so just few people could use this operating system, then it's fine. If it's true, then I after this many years give up to because it will be no reason why I shouldn't switch to other fruit devices. At least they made OS in my native language, so they want me to use it.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-24-15 at 12:50 PM.
    09-24-15 12:32 PM
    Priorities. Is it worth the investment? Probably not, or they would've invested time and money in getting those languages to the OS and it would be there today. It's a harsh truth, but there's no one who can make everyone happy.

I truly feel for you as you seem to love you device and you would love it even more if it had what you want.

Posted via CB10
    Thank You. but saying WHAT I WANT is not true. This is basic need's what customers need's, would you like if Blackberry device was only in French language? So what you are talking about? Do you really think it's gonna need SO MUCH investments? really? to put to the keyboard few extra symbols for every language? It should be stock, like wheels in cars! Translating OS need much investments? really? If it's to expensive use google translate, I dont care, OS all languages must be stock too, like steering wheel in cars! You disagree with me?
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-24-15 at 12:52 PM.
    janisfreimanis likes this.
    09-24-15 12:41 PM
    Of course at some point the OP is right but let's not forget the real strategy, approach, etc that company has. BlackBerry was concentrating more on Enterprise solutions and it never was a public devices manufacturers all over the globe. They do some attempts to win the audience for masses but as we can see not so successful.

I guess this problems and issues are only because it's not profitable and not the main points by priority. Basically it's a customers decision what to use and what's not. No one probably buys a device with a hope that soon company will be improving it and get exactly what you need. You as a customer buy something when it meets your requirements from the start, so what's the point of discussing all if these?!
    09-24-15 12:42 PM
    Even other fruit company have Lithuanian language with full keyboard support, what are you talking about? and it will be dead and that's why people around the world thinks it is already dead. if Blackberry wont make OS global, translated in every single language like their everyone competitor, they will never sell well. Except if Blackberry do this on purpose, so just few people could use this operating system, then it's fine. If it's true, then I after this many years give up to because it will be no reason why I shouldn't switch to other fruit devices. At least they made OS in my native language, so they want me to use it.
    Yeah, OK. I applaud your effort and I truly hope you get some results.

SM-G928A/ Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium, and CTF down! 👌😎
    Marwane K likes this.
    09-24-15 02:31 PM
    Of course at some point the OP is right but let's not forget the real strategy, approach, etc that company has. BlackBerry was concentrating more on Enterprise solutions and it never was a public devices manufacturers all over the globe. They do some attempts to win the audience for masses but as we can see not so successful.

I guess this problems and issues are only because it's not profitable and not the main points by priority. Basically it's a customers decision what to use and what's not. No one probably buys a device with a hope that soon company will be improving it and get exactly what you need. You as a customer buy something when it meets your requirements from the start, so what's the point of discussing all if these?!
    And so what? OK, if its strategy Enterprise solutions, so it means only few countries has companies? People in Enterprises speaks only English? I would love to give all my workers Blackberry devices and maybe even start to use BES, but I can't, people need device which is translated in native language and has native keyboard. it makes no sense to you? And here is plenty other companies who got the same problem 100%.

So why do you all scream about lack of native apps is 1st world problem, if Blackberry 10 itself is lack of OS translations??

10 OS lack of native country languages = Lack of native apps

No? You don't think so? doesn't make sense?
    So how many Blackberry devices would sell if 10 OS didn't have English language, how many do you think?.. This is racist.

+ what's the point of this?? you answer this question "customer buy something when it meets your requirements from the start", Language is basic need from the start. If 10 OS was only in Chinese, we never used it and don't even know that kind of OS existed.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-24-15 at 02:49 PM.
    09-24-15 02:36 PM
    Yeah, OK. I applaud your effort and I truly hope you get some results.

SM-G928A/ Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium, and CTF down! ����
    Thank You, Blacklatino. You could really help if you could share any contacts I could talk with about first and this one thread who could pull the strings in Blackberry Team. PM.

Thank You in advance.
    ksbb10 likes this.
    09-24-15 02:45 PM
    OP I had no idea that all languages weren't supported, I for one am very disappointed in BlackBerry for this lack of consideration.

Most people won't agree with your cause because it doesn't really effect them personally which is rather sad if you ask me. Generation after generation only gets more and more selfish.

Good luck with getting through to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang and Skyforever like this.
    09-24-15 03:09 PM
    I feel you man but forget it. Beating dead horse unfortunately. They couldn't care about such a small market as Lithuania. Harsh truth. I suspect bb10 phones were never available officially in your country with carriers support , were they?
    Slider should fill the gap for you. BB10 is now history...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-24-15 03:45 PM
    This all sounds very generalized to me, no real facts and figures and compared lists to other OS's.
    Does anybody know exactly how many languages iOS and Android and BlackBerry have available in and on their devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:52 PM
    I feel you man but forget it. Beating dead horse unfortunately. They couldn't care about such a small market as Lithuania. Harsh truth. I suspect bb10 phones were never available officially in your country with carriers support , were they?
    Slider should fill the gap for you. BB10 is now history...
    Of course they had, here in Lithuania, Bite, how do you think I got my first Torch 9800? but now they don't )

Story is very simple, then Blackberry 10 launched with Z10 and Q10 came out, my carrier start so sell soon, but it was a disaster my carrier said. They was forced to take back BB 10 devices, because lots of people started do not get Emails to HUB main list + no notifications (this is my Part 1 thread), and sales also was very poor because 10 OS have no native Lithuanian language and this no language issue was a problem to sell all the time, so at last they refuse to sell Blackberry devices at all, because of poor soft quality and sales. The End.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-25-15 at 04:52 AM.
    09-24-15 04:20 PM
    This all sounds very generalized to me, no real facts and figures and compared lists to other OS's.
    Does anybody know exactly how many languages iOS and Android and BlackBerry have available in and on their devices?

Posted via CB10
    Here you go:

Blackberry 10 OS: Complete List of Supported Languages on BlackBerry 10; We got Hindi & Many More! - BBin

iOS: iOS 9 Feature Availability - Apple

Android: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ena...alaxy-devices/

Blackberry 10 OS: 33

And what you can say about now? huh? Everything is good? ) pathetic to me.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-24-15 at 04:56 PM.
    janisfreimanis likes this.
    09-24-15 04:39 PM
    Here you go:

Blackberry 10 OS: Complete List of Supported Languages on BlackBerry 10; We got Hindi & Many More! - BBin

iOS: iOS 9 Feature Availability - Apple

Android: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../4419860?hl=en

And what you can say about now? huh? Everything is good? ) pathetic to me.
    Now compare the market share for those 3, and how much money they all have.

You can't be that surprised that a language with "only" 3.2 people worldwide speak. It's a numbers game, they're running a business.

And your analogy if the steering wheel is wrong.

It would be like having a car and all the buttons on the inside only in a few languages.... which is exactly what they do.... they don't make native language buttons for every country the car sells in.

Out of curiosity, do the "stop" signs in Lithuania say stop, or stotelė?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:58 PM
    Now compare the market share for those 3, and how much money they all have.

You can't be that surprised that a language with "only" 3.2 people worldwide speak. It's a numbers game, they're running a business.

And your analogy if the steering wheel is wrong.

It would be like having a car and all the buttons on the inside only in a few languages.... which is exactly what they do.... they don't make native language buttons for every country the car sells in.

Out of curiosity, do the "stop" signs in Lithuania say stop, or stotelė?

Posted via CB10
    Today cars also makes multi-language, if your driving 00's or 90's car it's your problem.

I wish you couldn't use English language anymore, so you will feel the difference between cars and a phones.

And my analogy if the steering wheel is not wrong.

It's wrong to put this analogy:

buttons and etc is not the same. Make your phone in Chinese and you will see its not the same like a buttons is more like to change pedals, gears and steering wheel in way you just don't know how to use it or remove it all and say to you NOW DRIVE. You will be incapable to use your phone like incapable to drive, not to change the radio station ) so you are wrong not me.

+ "Stop" sign Lietuviškai sakosi - "STOP" ženklas Stotelė reiškia - Bus stop
    09-24-15 05:14 PM
    Today cars also makes multi-language, if your driving 00's or 90's car it's your problem.

I wish you couldn't use English language anymore, so you will feel the difference between cars and a phones.

And my analogy if the steering wheel is not wrong.

It's wrong to put this analogy:

buttons and etc is not the same. Make your phone in Chinese and you will see its not the same like a buttons is more like to change pedals gears and steering wheel in way you just don't know how to use it or remove it all and say to you NOW DRIVE. You will be incapable to use your phone like incapable to drive, not to change the radio station ) so you are wrong not me.

+ "Stop" sign Lietuvi�kai sakosi - "STOP" �enklas Stotelė rei�kia - Bus stop
    I can put my phone in ANY language and still call people, having communications... either way, you missed the biggest point in my statement, as usual

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 05:24 PM
    I can put my phone in ANY language and still call people, having communications... either way, you missed the biggest point in my statement, as usual

Posted via CB10
    Because I see you talk false, and OK do it, maybe then you feel that yes you can still call, but to use device everyday it would be so very uncomfortable specially then you go to settings.

Look at numbers
    Blackberry 10 OS: 33

then everyone is trying to translate to every language even how small country is and you say that its not needed. No offense, it makes no sense. And you arguing just it looks like Blackberry does a good job. Translate license and agreement in Lithuanian which nobody reads is enough, yea right. If it is Blackberry logic what I'm hearing from all of you guys arguing with me, I'm not surprised everyone thinks Blackberry is dead. No offense again.. but damn.. if they can't afford to translate OS then God damn... only Blackberry don't have Lithuanian language.. only 3.2 mln of us so not worth it? this is racism, double damn..

+ what was your biggest point in my statement, as usual? Maybe I really didn't get it
    Last edited by novapolskas; 09-24-15 at 06:01 PM.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    09-24-15 05:49 PM
358 123 ...