Does Blackberry even have a marketing division? I always assumed they relied on word-of-mouth advertising, which was a bit of a problem because of the whole lack of social media support thing.

Posted via CB10
    Word of mouth is not advertising. They don't advertise or its so minimal that it doesn't register. Well, they advertised at launch but by the time the OS was mature and they had flagship phones they stopped. They relied on all the media reports saying BlackBerry was going out of business. (sarcasm.)

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:47 PM
    BlackBerry needs to be acquired and rebranded and repositioned. Checn and his team have failed.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-01-16 06:10 PM
    Nothing sells security to enterprise than a reality TV celeb.
    True, just a quick wondering. Since bb10 officially unhook with bis/bes and in most parts of the world those non-bis/bes plan are better pricing with much bigger data flow which suit this modern world better. How exactly a non-bis/bes bb10 be safer when use carrier SMS and gmail, IM, work-over-cloud apps just like other platform?
    10-03-16 08:02 AM
    We will see the same result with the latest release. The common denominator: no marketing. At least the BB10 phones had some differentiation.
    No "consumer" marketing. It is possible BBRY has been much busier working directly with targeted companies.
    10-03-16 08:10 AM
    I actually agree with the OP here. I suppose BlackBerry doesn't want their enterprise-focused brand associated with a celebrity like Kim Kardashian; however, BlackBerry seems to already be associated with her. Might as well milk it for all its worth!

Posted via CB10
    Everyone is swayed by celebrity. The fact that people are committing organized heists to steal her jewelry and cell phones is a better opportunity than any other that I can imagine.

i.e. her info is only safe on her blackberry handsets

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 10-12-16 at 10:55 AM.
    10-12-16 10:41 AM
    Everyone is swayed by celebrity. The fact that people are committing organized heists to steal her jewelry and cell phones is a better opportunity than any other that I can imagine.

i.e. her info is only safe on her blackberry handsets

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I totally disagree. Maybe some weak minded people are swayed by some celebrities in the consumer space. I don't think corporate people care at all who endorses a product. The key for any type of celebrity endorsement is to make sure you choose someone who has a great positive mindshare of people. Who in the world would see Kim Kardashian as a positive endorsement. In fact, I would rather not have it known that she uses my product.
    10-12-16 12:00 PM
    Sorry, I totally disagree. Maybe some weak minded people are swayed by some celebrities in the consumer space. I don't think corporate people care at all who endorses a product. The key for any type of celebrity endorsement is to make sure you choose someone who has a great positive mindshare of people. Who in the world would see Kim Kardashian as a positive endorsement. In fact, I would rather not have it known that she uses my product.
    the masses are swayed by celebrity
    look at all the Kim K copycats on Instagram who have hundreds of thousands of followers each

the masses are illogically convinced of their own individual importance
    security can be marketed in a sexy way (and no, not Priv "sexy").

that's money

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 02:20 PM
    Has anybody ever gave her a Q10? Feels like a 9900 only better in every way.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-16 09:43 PM
    the masses are swayed by celebrity
    look at all the Kim K copycats on Instagram who have hundreds of thousands of followers each

the masses are illogically convinced of their own individual importance
    security can be marketed in a sexy way (and no, not Priv "sexy").

that's money

Posted via CB10

So are BB phones are now selling like hotcakes since Kim K is a BB fan or her fans fawn over her using IOS or android smartphones.
    10-30-16 03:41 PM
    Blackberry is willing to sell anything it can sell to anyone. That is the position it is in. The idea that Chen can successfully target the narrow prosumer market segment or medical market segment was revealed as a farce at least a year ago.

If young people who aren't doctors made BlackBerry cool again, that would be a very important development. Maybe they are too intent on killing the company to allow this sort of thing to happen.

Posted via CB10
    The BB management doesn't even want to find success in the device market. Wow that is sad.
    11-04-16 09:37 AM
    The BB management doesn't even want to find success in the device market. Wow that is sad.
    Are anyone commenting Kim Kardashian fans? Are anyone really her fans, or do people watch them just to see the crash? A group of people that are famous for being strange and getting naked. Is this really the image you want to be associated with a corporate image. BlackBerry is focused on becoming an enterprise software company. How would Kim Kardashian help this image?

Blackberry pulled out of the consumer phone market years ago when Thor let all of the field reps go. Before Chen joined BlackBerry.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    11-06-16 06:45 AM
    Are anyone commenting Kim Kardashian fans? Are anyone really her fans, or do people watch them just to see the crash? A group of people that are famous for being strange and getting naked. Is this really the image you want to be associated with a corporate image. BlackBerry is focused on becoming an enterprise software company. How would Kim Kardashian help this image?

Blackberry pulled out of the consumer phone market years ago when Thor let all of the field reps go. Before Chen joined BlackBerry.
    I would dump BlackBerry altogether if they ever used Kim K or any member of that family in any marketing scheme, hardware or software. They are truly repulsive.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    12-09-16 08:22 PM
    Being a non-American, I can't understand what's a big deal about Kim K and her family? What's the positive image/value had them brought to people? If just because there are lots of people wants to see what sh_t might go wrong with them then I don't see there's any positive value linking your name with them. Do you think Porsche might wants to link their name with Paul walker just because he had sat on one of their product?
    12-16-16 05:15 AM
    Any positive mention of BlackBerry in the national media would be a good thing when no one knows it still exists.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 09:19 PM
64 123