11-07-15 09:32 AM
36 12
tools
    When THOR was put in as CEO, many here praised him.... but about 18 months later and things only were getting worse the tides changed.

Same thing for CHEN.... most are just mad cause they actually fell for all the ear tickling that Chen did during that first year, all the plans and potential. Now that he has no results and has to reset the CLOCK another 18 months, and has given up on what we had come to understand was BlackBerry. The pitchforks are coming out again.

I still think that PREM and Chen had hoped to find a buyer and to inflate the price of the Company. I still think all these new purchases are just a way to try and make BlackBerry look more valuable. But in the end they are a fat cow with very little meat on it, and the market for non-cash earning EMM's has started to turn and Smartphone manufactures not named Apple or Samsung are a dime a dozen....

Chen still has some time... but I'm afraid that he isn't going to put the resources into the PRIV launch that it will require in this crowded smartphone market. Cause I don't think hardware is something he understands.... and sadly BlackBerry software solutions are still heavily tied to hardware.
    10-02-15 10:00 AM
    Chen did what many others should have ages ago. blackberry failed as an OS just as Symbian did since it couldn't keep up, and bb10 came too late in the game to change anything. the priv is the last hope for blackberry, if it does well it might just save the hardware division, and could later pave the way for bb10.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk
    10-04-15 02:45 AM
    BlackBerry should have bought webOS from HP at the fire sale & the horde of mature developers would have lined up at the visa office in waterloo... instead he stuck with an OS of no proven value... now BlackBerry is circling the drain & I sure wonder what kind of golden parachute JC has & how many stock options he has in the firms he bought when the BlackBerry fire sale begins... don't they have any stockholder protection laws in the frozen tundra north of the border?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:19 PM
    I think the moment john was appointed for the post of CEO he was planning to close BlackBerry devices from that point of time and now he is successful in doing that instead of improving bb10 he decided to wind up how bad it is likely doing a murder of BB10 I am strictly against it. He doesn't deserves to be in this position anymore. He killed BB10.

Sorry for spelling mistakes

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Join you to do what? Your post does not align with title.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:24 PM
    BB10=QNX, already licensed all over the place. So saying it was never licensed in the first place, is silly. It is.

Oh and NYPA (not your personal army), if it even matters, there's nothing, no dirt, on chen.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    10-11-15 12:03 AM
    I would Fight rather than die a anonymous death. Try options to keep the company afloat and start making money. That's the reason he went android... to buy time, money to build bb10 for the secured market.

Android development costs less money, therefore by keeping the cost of the handset slightly high he can still make a profit which he could push into keeping BlackBerry 10 alive.

So would you rather see the company die and no more handsets for us or support them for the brave step taken?

Posted via CB10
    Wow couldn't have said it better it's easy to talk but come on let's give them one more chance.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:51 AM
    I'll never join you...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:26 PM
    I'll never join you...

Posted via CB10
    That's a famous quote, isn't it. ..? :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-05-15 09:16 PM
    When THOR was put in as CEO, many here praised him.... but about 18 months later and things only were getting worse the tides changed.

Same thing for CHEN.... most are just mad cause they actually fell for all the ear tickling that Chen did during that first year, all the plans and potential. Now that he has no results and has to reset the CLOCK another 18 months, and has given up on what we had come to understand was BlackBerry. The pitchforks are coming out again.

I still think that PREM and Chen had hoped to find a buyer and to inflate the price of the Company. I still think all these new purchases are just a way to try and make BlackBerry look more valuable. But in the end they are a fat cow with very little meat on it, and the market for non-cash earning EMM's has started to turn and Smartphone manufactures not named Apple or Samsung are a dime a dozen....

Chen still has some time... but I'm afraid that he isn't going to put the resources into the PRIV launch that it will require in this crowded smartphone market. Cause I don't think hardware is something he understands.... and sadly BlackBerry software solutions are still heavily tied to hardware.
    I don't believe Chen was trying to inflate the price for a purchase. The biggest obstacle in purchasing BB is how much of their revenue is derived from services, and that revenue is shrinking fast. No one is going to pay to buy BB based on current revenue. The attractive part of BB is their enterprise software, but currently revenue is low and the MDM market is going through major changes. But when Chen arrived the BB enterprise software offerings were a mess. Companies were pulling the plug on their BES servers. Chen provided the focus to get BES 12 released. BES 12 has very good reviews and people I trust in this space has good things to say about the offering.

I think the cnet article on how BB decided to release the Priv is accurate. I think it took a lot to convince Chen to release an Android phone. The phone business was in complete shambles when Chen arrived. Many here seem to forget that BB was burning through tons of cash in 2013. They also had a ton of inventory of BB 10 phones that were not selling and causing a big cash flow problem for BB. I think if so much of BB's cash was not tied to the phone business in 2013 he might have pulled the plug on phones.

Considering Chen is a software guy I think he has done a remarkable job in changing the whole BB hardware manufacturing process. Has he made some mistakes? Sure, but considering the obstacles he inherited in 2013 he has done a pretty good job. If BB had continued on their course before Chen arrived they would have been out of cash earlier this year, maybe even sooner. Chen has put the focus back on BB, you read articles about BB all the time. The bigger question is if Chen had not been willing to take on the role in 2013 who would have taken the job? He originally took the job Chairman of the Board and interim CEO. From reading the press at the time he reluctantly took the job of CEO. When you consider that in Oct of 2013 the board waved the white flag and had given up hope on BB surviving. The company was burning through tons of cash, their enterprise software offering were not competitive. BB10 had been launched to late to be effective in the market, but too soon based on quality issues, and they company had way to much inventory. Under his watch BES 12 was released, BB10 had 10.2.1 released. He gave direction on focus to teams that had been more like deer stuck starring at headlights. He has not been perfect, but given what he was handed I think he has been a miracle worker.

I think without Chen the stock price would have nosedived to well under breakup value. The board would have sold the company to private investors who would have sold off the enterprise software, patents, kept the services business just long enough to milk it to nothing and discarded the phone business, and divided up remained of BB's cash after shuttering the business.
    Troy Tiscareno and CHIP72 like this.
    11-06-15 12:40 PM
    BB10=QNX
    No it doesn't. QNX is a real-time OS aimed at the embedded market. It has existed and has been used by customers for 30 some years now.

BB10 won't even make it five years.

BB10 = unwanted garbage that BlackBerry put ontop of QNX. BB10 = the largest commercial failure EVER in the smartphone industry. BB10 = a 5 to 8 billion dollar mistake. BB10 most certainly doesn't = QNX.

That is why QNX has been licensed and BB10 wasn't and most likely never will be. If BlackBerry can't make money with their mistake, why would anyone else be interested in trying to do it?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-06-15 05:18 PM
    I'm all for this company to seek out new customers. So long as they do not abandon it's home grown and best ever mobile OS BB10.

As for marketing and BB10 decision making, BBRY failed miserably. JC failed big time too. Where is the Z30 and Z10 full touch replacements. ? The phones that we are all waiting for. Powered by BB10.

Rocking a Z30
    11-07-15 09:32 AM
36 12