I think the moment john was appointed for the post of CEO he was planning to close BlackBerry devices from that point of time and now he is successful in doing that instead of improving bb10 he decided to wind up how bad it is likely doing a murder of BB10 I am strictly against it. He doesn't deserves to be in this position anymore. He killed BB10.

Sorry for spelling mistakes

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Rahul Aggarwal4; 09-25-15 at 04:50 AM.
    nt300 and Q10Bold like this.
    09-24-15 09:29 PM
    I think the moment jobs was appointed for the post of CEO he was planning to close BlackBerry devices from that point of time and now he is successful in doing that instead of improving bb10 he decided to wind up how bad it is likely doing a murder of BB10 I am strictly against it. He doesn't deserves to be in this position anymore. He killed BB10.

Jobs is alive? And he's CEO of BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    09-24-15 09:48 PM
    I think the moment jobs was appointed for the post of CEO he was planning to close BlackBerry devices from that point of time and now he is successful in doing that instead of improving bb10 he decided to wind up how bad it is likely doing a murder of BB10 I am strictly against it. He doesn't deserves to be in this position anymore. He killed BB10.

Alrighty...
    09-24-15 09:52 PM
    Wow if only

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-24-15 10:29 PM
    Jobs?
    Lol

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-24-15 10:31 PM
    Jobs?
    Lol

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    It was a spelling mistakes via automatically generated by keyboard and sorry

09-25-15 07:55 PM
    Chen should have made the move to license BB10 as soon as he came on board. But he didn't do that and BlackBerry will now likely be bought out for cheap money at some point in the next couple of years, and after the market failure of the android slider.
    09-25-15 09:32 PM
    Chen should have made the move to license BB10 as soon as he came on board. But he didn't do that and BlackBerry will now likely be bought out for cheap money at some point in the next couple of years, and after the market failure of the android slider.
    I would Fight rather than die a anonymous death. Try options to keep the company afloat and start making money. That's the reason he went android... to buy time, money to build bb10 for the secured market.

Android development costs less money, therefore by keeping the cost of the handset slightly high he can still make a profit which he could push into keeping BlackBerry 10 alive.

So would you rather see the company die and no more handsets for us or support them for the brave step taken?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:18 PM
    Thor tried to licence BB10... Long before Chen arrived. There were no takers!

Outside of the CB bubble, other smartphone vendors clearly understood that BB10 offered worse prospects than what they already had.

In a reality where even BB have stopped whipping that dead horse, and are on record as saying they will drop BB10 if Android is a success, I doubt that licensing BB10 is, or ever was, the solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 03:54 AM
    Come on guys... you are not the CEO. There are things that you don't see. Look at "most" of the people using BlackBerry 10, they need the Android Runtime so desperately, it is simple, it is because BlackBerry 10 is lacked of apps! Yes, there is a few great productivity features out there but still it is not sufficient.

And judging by the financial status of the company, he can't afford to lose more money and he is still giving the chance for BlackBerry to produce a few more phones instead of killing it the first place when he is the CEO.

The Priv needs to be successful and bring in sales profit then only can have the extra resources to develop BlackBerry 10!

We know we love the swipes, the hub, the so called "secure" & efficiency of the OS 10 but it is still not enough to cater for end user to use. Carriers are complaining about the lack of BlackBerry 10 in apps and how can you expect them to buy from BlackBerry and sell it to consumers? If it is Android, it got lots of updated apps so on and so fourth, ok, they will buy into it.

And everyone of you are expecting BlackBerry to go BlackBerry 10? Yes, we like it... ! But for the sake of the mobile division to keep going, there is no way for us to proceed with the lack of apps, the only way to go is Android. We must support it and face the new transition! We love our BlackBerry and we love the slider no matter what it runs on. They have been working hard to port all the features and giving the BlackBerry 10 experience for us in Android!

Don't you feel ut is grateful enough? Still complaining and said people don't deserve to be a CEO? Are you the one deserve to be the CEO? What answer would you give to the share holder that you insisted on BlackBerry 10? When you are on that position are you sure you won't change your mind and keep on developing BlackBerry 10? Do you know how much BlackBerry 10 development costs? Do you know how hard is it to get developers to develop apps?

You are just looking at what matter for you and you as not looking at what BlackBerry needs and supposed to be doing to had the turnaround!!!!!!

Please just simply delete the title not deserve to be CEO. If you can rescue BlackBerry so why not you go and interview for that position and appoint you as the CEO to turnaround BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-26-15 04:34 AM
    Agreed. All this angst is like when WebOS was pulled off the market.

Right now these BB10 devices are lacking in features.

Email was a power user feature once. Now everyone has email ability.

Today's power user feature is apps. BB10 can't even use Facebook or Twitter properly nevermind some of these other apps out there.

Do I like BB10? Yes. Do I agree with Chen's decision? Yes.

BlackBerry is a for-profit corporation. What this means is that they have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders. If they are demonstrating that growth will occur in the Android realm then that is where they sail.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-26-15 07:57 AM
    Nope. I think he is doing the right thing. BB10 is niche, it's not growing. The worst thing he could do was stay the course. If you love BB10 so much you can stock up on phones and keep using them.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-26-15 08:27 AM
    Why in the world would anyone license BB10?
    09-26-15 04:19 PM
    Why are you using the android crackberry app? If you're so concerned about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho, kbz1960 and nhanken like this.
    09-26-15 07:31 PM
    Just wow. When Chen took the helm, almost everybody treats him like a Messiah. And now that he decides something that might be beneficial for the Company (not necessarily for the enjoyment of the die-hard fans), people want to oust him out.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    endevour and eshropshire like this.
    09-26-15 07:48 PM
    He is a business man. Abandoning the niche for a greater market makes sense.
    09-26-15 07:51 PM
    So OP, you want BlackBerry to stick with BB10 OS that will drown the company instead? Look beyond the horizon. As much as I hate BlackBerry going Android, I want BlackBerry to stay relevant and an ecosystem with the most wanted apps is what the majority of consumer wants right now! Apps that the average Joes don't want to get around using methods like Snap, downloading apk files and patches like Cobalt's. It's either you ride along with the current wave (apps) or you get drowned.

I am not into apps but I want BlackBerry to still be around and not get left in the dark. Have you seen how many BB10 devices were sold last quarter?

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    Last edited by nhanken; 09-26-15 at 09:25 PM.
    bhrgvr likes this.
    09-26-15 07:52 PM
    Why are you using the android crackberry app? If you're so concerned about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Looking at the future of BlackBerry of course!
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-26-15 08:30 PM
    As much as I don't like it, for the masses it a good thing. There has been a ton of "better tech" that has not made it, (think Betamax) and equally as much "inferior tech" that has made it. ( think MP3)
    Change is the only constant, better to embrace it rather than be left behind.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    kbz1960 and GadgetTravel like this.
    09-27-15 09:24 AM
    Why in the world would anyone license BB10?
    He actually did the best he could getting a deal with Foxcomm. While it was not an OS license, he did get them to assume a lot of the cost and liability in creating an BB10 phone. Before Chen came on board, BB had some pretty bad cash liabilities with their phones.

For those who like to complain about Chen, they should go back on look at the earning reports in 2013. BB was burning through cash like crazy. Sure Chen has made some mistakes, but considering the complete mess he inherited I think he has done a great job. The old management team had given up completely on the company and the only future they could see was parting out the company. I think BB still faces some major issues, as the BIS revenue dries up of the next two years they are going to face some issues if they can't sell a lot more software. If BB survives it will be a very different company than it is today and very different from the company it was 5 years ago.
    09-28-15 10:37 AM
    Join the Thunderclap...

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...r4us?locale=en

Let them hear it!
    :-D

�   Forget the name, ... Priv it on! :-)   �
    09-30-15 07:27 PM
    I was hopeful that JC would help rectify BBRY's issues. But instead he keeps a cash cow in Billions and spends ZERO dollars on Marketing BB10 then blames the platform for Poor sales.
    He's yet to release a Full Touch BB10 phone that people are asking for. He completely ignores the BBRY user base and new potential customers.

And the nail in the coffin, announces a Android on a powerful high end device. Where's the BB10 announcement? Ya we've been waiting for ages now.

Rocking a Z30
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    10-01-15 09:20 PM
    I think the moment john was appointed for the post of CEO he was planning to close BlackBerry devices from that point of time and now he is successful in doing that instead of improving bb10 he decided to wind up how bad it is likely doing a murder of BB10 I am strictly against it. He doesn't deserves to be in this position anymore. He killed BB10.

Sorry for spelling mistakes

If you want to lay the blame for BB10's lack of success at someone's feet, guys named Lazaridis, Balsillie, and Heins would be better targets...
    10-02-15 06:09 AM
    If you want to lay the blame for BB10's lack of success at someone's feet, guys named Lazaridis, Balsillie, and Heins would be better targets...
    Still JC did absolutely nothing to help BB10. He's more to blame for the entire HW division.
    10-02-15 07:45 AM
    Don't blame Chen because no one wants to own a Blackberry phone.

BB10 came too late into the game. Android and iOS were already established as the top phones. Windows is learning that too.

BlackBerry should have gone android long ago.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    10-02-15 08:32 AM
36 12