Even though I understood what Mr. Chen was saying, it's going to rub people and the press the wrong way. My brother loves Apple. If he hears "tools not toys" once more, he's going to lose it. That's the main reason he hates BlackBerry. (At least I have that standing by for the next time he pisses me off)
    Anyway, I'd call it a rookie mistake. I'm not sure if he fully understands how his words could cause havoc with the PR dept?
    You would think he would, but who knows?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:27 AM
    The guy has a sense of humour. To me John Chen is the perfect CEO. Number one he is off the cuff. He doesnt read a bunch of notes and pass it off as his own words. Sure some of this stuff ruffles some feathers but he is the face of the company and he says what he feels. The legal team for blackberry probably doesnt like it but hey he has been quoted numerous times so he is getting some press which is another way of doing marketing and it doesnt cost anything. This guy knows what he is doing it might not seem calculated but it is. This is what a CEO is suppose to do he is suppose to be the face of the company. I can count at least 5 times he has been quoted recently and lets go back a bit to Thorsten Heins. A full year or more and did he actually get quoted? not that i can remember. The guy was brutal at anything even remotely off the cuff. Every press outing was like he was reading from que cards which maybe he was? Thats not a CEO thats just a front man with someone else writing his lines. You need bold outspoken and yes even sometimes a bit controversial. He is trying to get more attention put on blackberry and maybe he hasnt sold alot of units but he sure has added some extra press time and brought some attention to the brand. Thats what its all about in the end. Most of the quotes are taken out of context anyway. I wonder what was said before that particular quote? They dont tell you that part because it might be why he made the comment in the first place. So take the jabs with a grain of salt. Im sure he knew what he was doing when he said it.
    03-10-14 12:32 AM
    While these comments funny and interesting, eventually Chen will find that CEOs are careful about what they say for a reason. The iPhone that he is making fun of is pretty much responsible for the replacement of the last three Blackberry CEOs. Chen has been in the smartphone business for all of three months and there has no track record, yet, to back up his opinions about smartphones. I doubt that most people in the technology industry are impressed. If he wants the industry to take him seriously, he had better tone it down a bit.
    Looking at his rap sheet, I think they already do take him seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-10-14 12:36 AM
    Huh... these are factors that make the Z30 battery life higher. I'm not comparing anything.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Oh, I thought you were asking a question because you had a ? on the end of your post, my mistake
    03-10-14 12:38 AM
    Yeah, okay Chen. My iPhone was last plugged in Saturday morning, and I plugged it back in tonight before bed, yes not super heavy use since I was home for the weekend but I was impressed. It's never left me stranded and I don't do anything special with brightness or syncing or having background off to get that, during my regular workday it easily gets me from 7am to 10pm with 30% to spare.

I carried and had to use a spare battery for both my 9900 and my Z10.

Perhaps he should wait to trashtalk until BB is back on solid footing? As it is, it comes off as a bit...butthurt.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    03-10-14 12:38 AM
    Trwallace : You made me think of this in a different way and I'd have to say, I completely agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:40 AM
    Yeah, okay Chen. My iPhone was last plugged in Saturday morning, and I plugged it back in tonight before bed, yes not super heavy use since I was home for the weekend but I was impressed. It's never left me stranded and I don't do anything special with brightness or syncing or having background off to get that, during my regular workday it easily gets me from 7am to 10pm with 30% to spare.

Perhaps he should wait to trashtalk until BB is back on solid footing? As it is, it comes off as a bit...butthurt.

You also come off butthurt lol...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    ibpluto and wyrdfool like this.
    03-10-14 12:57 AM
    If that's your takeaway, well...

I'll leave it at that.

Personal experience = butthurt. Only on Crackberry. *RME*

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-10-14 12:59 AM
    If that's your takeaway, well...

I'll leave it at that.

Personal experience = butthurt. Only on Crackberry. *RME*

He made a joke and you took it the wrong way.... yes that's butthurt..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    ibpluto and wyrdfool like this.
    03-10-14 01:01 AM
    Oh was it meant as a joke? I have a good sense of humour, everything from Monty Python to Kevin Smith. His 'joke' wasn't particularly funny. This apparently offends you.

Now I'd bet that if Tim Cook said the same about BB users, well fur would fly.

And it STILL wouldn't be particularly funny.

bp3dots likes this.
    03-10-14 01:05 AM

Similar experience. My wife allows our daughter to play games and watch some of her shows on her iPhone, every once in a while she'll plug it in for a little bit if it's excessive. She doesn't charge overnight, a full charge when she gets home from work does the job for her. Nor have any of our friends and family lamented about their iPhone battery life.

On a side note, the munchkin hasn't touched my Z10 since the morning she snuck in and dialed 911 at 5am while playing around with the picture password.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 01:06 AM
    Similar experience. My wife allows our daughter to play games and watch some of her shows on her iPhone, every once in a while she'll plug it in for a little bit if it's excessive. She doesn't charge overnight, a full charge when she gets home from work does the job for her. Nor have any of our friends and family lamented about their iPhone battery life.

On a side note, the munchkin hasn't touched my Z10 since the morning she snuck in and dialed 911 at 5am while playing around with the picture password.

Posted via CB10
    Stop being so butthurt, Reubachs.

Heh.

03-10-14 01:07 AM
    It really just comes down to the battery size assuming a certain even of heavy use. Apples battery life issue will improve when (if) they start making larger iPhones that of course have larger batteries.

This seems to be what solved the problem for Android. Just make it all larger. Same for BlackBerry. The Z30 solves the Z10 battery life issue.

Now surely Apple will give in and produce a larger iPhone.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    howarmat and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-10-14 01:13 AM
    You people should stop using the Z10 as the example since it has the worst battery life of all the Blackberry 10 phones. John Chen didn't reference the Z10 did he? but some of you are quick to jump in and compare the Z10 with the iPhone in terms of battery life. How about putting the iPhone up against the Q5, Q10 & Z30? With my usage on these phones all on full brightness, LTE & Bluetooth on they blow away the battery life time of my 5s. Yes, even my $150.00 Koodo Q5 LOL
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    03-10-14 01:18 AM
    Stop being so butthurt, Reubachs.

Heh.

I have charging sources and a backup battery that I never use, just in case she decides my Z10 might be entertaining. Just in case. Someday.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and reeneebob like this.
    03-10-14 01:20 AM
    You people should stop using the Z10 as the example since it has the worst battery life of all the Blackberry 10 phones. John Chen didn't reference the Z10 did he? but some of you are quick to jump in and compare the Z10 with the iPhone in terms of battery life. How about putting the iPhone up against the Q5, Q10 & Z30? With my usage on these phones all on full brightness, LTE & Bluetooth on they blow away the battery life time of my 5s. Yes, even my $150.00 Koodo Q5 LOL
    At least the Z10 battery last longer than any of the iPhones. I would say that the Z10 could be put up against the iPhone. I don't have an issue with my battery in my Z10. The Z10 can last up to 10hrs compared to the iPhones 8 (1,800mAh vs 1,440mAh). So the Z10 still holds the better battery than any iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:12 AM
    BB10 devices don't exactly last all day either, but it is nice to see someone take a jab at the sacred fruit!
    03-10-14 02:25 AM
    I come from a family of iphone users and i would agree with chen the battery on iphones are awful. Batteries life is huge for me thats why i love my macbook air, but an iphone what a nightmare the whole OS is old and garbage.
    03-10-14 02:55 AM
    Everyone at my job pretty much has iPhone, they are always looking for a charger

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    03-10-14 03:06 AM
    Coming from a 9790, I had 2 spare batteries all charged before I headed out for the day.
    When I got my z10s battery bundles were ordered right away.
    Yes, the battery life is crappy, but that might have been factored in when they were designed to have removable batteries.

It's like the spare tire on a car. It's there for emergencies. And you can change it yourself.

We few, we happy few, we band of Crackberry brothers
    03-10-14 03:27 AM
    Sounds almost like Thorsten Heins calling the iPhone "outdated".

In reality, Thorsten Heins AND John Chen are completely irrelevant. The only people paying any attention to what the CEO of a company with single digit or even less than single digit marketshare in the smartphone market says are...us.

BTW, I have both an iPhone and Q10 and use them side-by-side. My Q10 only lasts a little longer than my iPhone because I use it much less. Both give me about 6.5-7 hours of real world use.
    03-10-14 03:47 AM
    Dear iPhone fans,

Attachment 253905

Love, z30

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141
    Wow!! What a constructive mail. It should be cc and bcc to apple CEO and the guys at iMore x_x #OkBye

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141 "The iPhone Nemesis"
    03-10-14 03:47 AM
    I enjoy reading John Chen's comments. They're a breath of fresh air.
    03-10-14 03:59 AM
    No it isn't. The Z10 is better than my 5c. Serious misinformation by the lifers who can't move on.

Posted via CB10
    The z10 isn't better than my 5s. And that's with push notifications on for all of my apps.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-10-14 05:47 AM
    iPhone users get more defensive then any other device users IMO.

CB10'n it via da Z
    I beg to differ. Bb users started a petition to boycott Netflix (remember that?), bb users troll netflix customer support reps (I've seen convos that cb users post), bb users troll store reps (they go into stores with no intention on buying anything), heck there was a guy that posted a thread on here a few days ago bragging about being thrown out of an Apple store (that was pretty funny/sad).

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-10-14 05:57 AM
288 12345 ...