03-21-14 01:30 PM
288 ... 101112
tools
    Really? There's two reasons. 1. You look stupid with a thingy hanging out of your phone and 2. The battery charger bundle when connected to your phone will only charge it to 60% roughly. So in order to get your 100% you need to swap the batteries. The connector on the battery charger bundle is designed to keep you going if you're on a call or doing something important. I've been swapping batteries for a year and no issues regarding battery terminals.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    lol I wont lie, I rarely just plug my phone into the bundle charger either because I noticed that it didnt charge my phone all the way back up. If im not really using my phone, I'll hook both them up together so I can charge both at the same time but its really awkward to use both at the same time...IMO

All I know is that if the next flagship has a 3000 mAh (or more) battery, i will be extremely happy. Hopefully better optimizations to the software come along as well
    guygardner73 likes this.
    03-14-14 07:45 PM

"Again, I have said this before and I will say it again; Apple has done the industry an enormous favour because they basically told the world to expect a media player [the iPod] as a software feature on a good smartphone. As the leading smartphone appliance company and platform company, we could not buy that kind of validation for $100m."
    From Wikipedia

Siemens SL45 was the first mobile phone with memory expansion and an MP3 player,[1] which debuted in 2001. An improved version, the SL45i, was also the first phone to have a Java virtual machine.

In addition to the MP3 player, SL45 offered other advanced features such as dictaphone with several hours of recording time, auto responder, voice dialing and voice commands, WAP browser, and context sensitive help in several languages. Other software include calendar/organizer, alarm clock, stopwatch, calculator, currency converter and games. While SL45 was one of the most advanced phones in its time, it was also one of the smallest.[2]

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    xBURK and Mack Gans like this.
    03-15-14 09:40 PM
    For those that don't feel like swapping batteries in your Z10. There, all bases covered - you can carry cords, spare batteries, buy a big battery, or slap on of these on. If it came up already, sorry; I didn't see it.

After all is said and done it's whatever gets you through the day with whatever device is in your hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:01 AM
    iPhone users get more defensive then any other device users IMO.

CB10'n it via da Z
    Apple marketing have worked them that much that when they hear a slur...possibly.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    03-16-14 04:22 AM
    It's great that someone at BlackBerry have grown a pair, it's even better that it's the CEO & that he's voicing it.

Several times a day I hear...

"Who has a charger for an ip4?"

"Who has a charger for an ip5?"

"I'm just going to my car to get my USB charging cable"

And once, "Shut up does your BlackBerry (Z30) last 18 hours!"

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    xBURK likes this.
    03-16-14 04:29 AM
    From Wikipedia

Siemens SL45 was the first mobile phone with memory expansion and an MP3 player,[1] which debuted in 2001. An improved version, the SL45i, was also the first phone to have a Java virtual machine.

In addition to the MP3 player, SL45 offered other advanced features such as dictaphone with several hours of recording time, auto responder, voice dialing and voice commands, WAP browser, and context sensitive help in several languages. Other software include calendar/organizer, alarm clock, stopwatch, calculator, currency converter and games. While SL45 was one of the most advanced phones in its time, it was also one of the smallest.[2]

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    "Again, I have said this before and I will say it again; Apple has done the industry an enormous favour because they basically told the world to expect a media player [the iPod] as a software feature on a good smartphone. As the leading smartphone appliance company and platform company, we could not buy that kind of validation for $100m."

FWIW, the quote above that I had put up was from Balsillie.
    03-16-14 12:49 PM
    ?The iPhone now feels like a toy. I don?t think you?ll find [I?m] the only person saying it.?? - John Chen after getting used to BB10

This actually reminds me of the time Thorsten Heinz called the iPhone a outdated. John Chen really knows how to troll Apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 12:51 AM
    Bill Gates knows how to Elf Google.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-17-14 04:12 AM
    It wasn't an insult, it was a joke.
    Apple fanboys call our phones relics or dinosaurs and bash BlackBerry every time a new or article gets posted somewhere, such as BGR.
    So in some way, Chen didn't do anything compared to what you guys do.
    But that's typical from Apple fanboys, they have the right to insult, other brands don't.
    And it was a bad joke because z10 (that has a bigger battery than iphone 5) has worse battery, at least in internet (mainly browser) actual usage times. ~ 4 hours vs 5:30-6 hours. Tested on wifi.

Oh the irony..

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:19 AM
    And it was a bad joke because z10 (that has a bigger battery than iphone 5) has worse battery, at least in internet (mainly browser) actual usage times. ~ 4 hours vs 5:30-6 hours. Tested on wifi.

Oh the irony..

Posted via CB10
    Probably due to visiting flash-enabled sites. But, who uses their browser for that length of time in the real world? Nobody. And saying it's cumulative is the wrong answer, because that introduces a vast array of variances.

Two things need to stand out in this argument. One; there really isn't an argument as its blatantly obvious that a user's mileage will vary. Two; there will,for at least the foreseeable future, be iPhone users seen "hugging the walls" simply because there's more iPhone users. I have a Z10, stock battery, lasts all day most days. I've seen my wife with her iPhone that also lasts most if not all day sitting next to her cousin who slaps her iPhone in a battery case to get her through the day.

It's all relative. Nobody's personal experience is the truth. Y'all can pontificate from whatever side but nobody is "right".
    03-21-14 04:02 AM
    Probably due to visiting flash-enabled sites. But, who uses their browser for that length of time in the real world? Nobody. And saying it's cumulative is the wrong answer, because that introduces a vast array of variances.
    Nope, no flash sites. Also I think adobe flash was off. The z10 get warmer when browsing, while the iphone 5 is cooler. I think that the browser needs optimizations - this can improve battery life.

I recon it's relative, but in general use, the battery drains faster compared to my 1 year+ old iphone 5. I'm talking about using the phone, not standby times..
    03-21-14 07:57 AM
    Be very quiet....we are observing wall huggers in their natural habitat....LOL

FYI, the ladies charger is plugged into her iPhone, not her laptop.

And it's only 11:36 AM here
    John Chen knows how to troll iPhone users-img_20140321_113246.png

CB10'n it via da Z
    Mack Gans and techvisor like this.
    03-21-14 12:34 PM
    Be very quiet....we are observing wall huggers in their natural habitat....LOL

FYI, the ladies charger is plugged into her iPhone, not her laptop.

And it's only 11:36 AM here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140321_113246.png 
Views:	359 
Size:	320.0 KB 
ID:	257141

CB10'n it via da Z
    That look in her eyes says she's in no hugging mood.
    03-21-14 01:30 PM
288 ... 101112