I'm on 4chan regularly.

I didn't say CrackBerry is the worst, but some of the worst.

Why can't someone have an opinion about trolling in general?
    Who said anything about you not being able to have an opinion? Disagreeing with what you write isn't the same thing as suggesting you shouldn't write anything.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-13-14 08:37 AM
    Obviously, Mr. Chen doesn't use the Z10. LOL.
    However, this may be a good thing because now he may feel obligated to make future BlackBerry phone battery last longer.

? CB10 ?
    Rello likes this.
    03-13-14 08:53 AM
    Obviously, Mr. Chen doesn't use the Z10. LOL.
    However, this may be a good thing because now he may feel obligated to make future BlackBerry phone battery last longer.

Actually, even if the battery on a BlackBerry Z10 does not last very long on average, the fact that it is removable puts it in an entirely different class than a device with a non-removable battery. (Thus: "wall huggers")

The devices that the company has released with non-removable batteries, have excellent battery life compared to the competition. (Q10, Z30)
    03-13-14 12:55 PM
    Why can't someone have an opinion about trolling in general?
    Oh you can have an opinion, but if you discuss that opinion on CB you get banned for it.

"Ad hominem" isn't simply name-calling or personal attacks; it's personal attack as a basis for rejecting an argument. So, since you're claiming I engaged in ad hominem, please tell me the argument I rejected using a personal attack.
    Attempting to character-assassinate someone you are in a debate with, with completely unrelated, off-topic nonsense that has nothing to do with the debate is clearly ad-hominem.

If you don't like that accusation, I suggest you refrain from posting blatant, unprovoked, completely off-topic insults of the people you are pretending to have a serious debate with.
    03-13-14 01:03 PM
    Actually, even if the battery on a BlackBerry Z10 does not last very long on average, the fact that it is removable puts it in an entirely different class than a device with a non-removable battery. (Thus: "wall huggers")
    I disagree, considering iOS users have the option to purchase battery packs.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-13-14 01:09 PM

I disagree. Having a battery pack is not nearly as convenient as being able to replace the battery.

The z10 charger bundle gives you the option of recharging via micro USB or swapping the battery, which Is great.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:52 PM
    ANY smartphone user can purchase an external battery pack.

NOT all smartphones have removable batteries that fit right inside the device without adding bulk or weight.
    03-13-14 01:53 PM
    I disagree. Having a battery pack is not nearly as convenient as being able to replace the battery. Posted via CB10
    Huh, how so?

03-13-14 02:08 PM
    Huh, how so?

If you are talking about a battery pack that attaches to the phone (with cover, etc), then i apologize, it would be the same. If you are talking about something you carry around and hang from the charger port, then I stand by my statement - not as convenient because you have to either wait for it to charge from the pack or use the phone while it's connected to the pack.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:49 PM
    If you are talking about a battery pack that attaches to the phone (with cover, etc), then i apologize, it would be the same. If you are talking about something you carry around and hang from the charger port, then I stand by my statement - not as convenient because you have to either wait for it to charge from the pack or use the phone while it's connected to the pack.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, gotcha. I'm talking about the mophie air pack.

03-13-14 03:55 PM
    1. BlackBerry Charger Bundle does not add any additional bulk to the device, as you can swap the battery.

2. Apple does not make any official extra-battery solution, so you are stick with hugging the wall.
    03-13-14 04:19 PM
    Oh, gotcha. I'm talking about the mophie air pack. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/6ezuva4y.jpg

That's not bad (not good either) considering the limitations of the device not being able to remove the battery, but that's not nearly as elegant or optimal as the battery bundle BlackBerry offers. Being able to swap a battery out is a wonderful option, better than adding weight and bulk to the device IMO

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-13-14 05:27 PM
    I don't think John alluded to Z10 device and the fact that it has a replaceable battery. He is free to manufacture a large battery smartphone with big dimensions (such as Z30) going forward. iPhone might have troubles pushing a larger screen and/or heavier device as most users are used to never changing form factor.

Sheldon: If the height of a single step is off as little as 2 millimeters, most people will trip.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:45 PM
    1. BlackBerry Charger Bundle does not add any additional bulk to the device, as you can swap the battery.

2. Apple does not make any official extra-battery solution, so you are stick with hugging the wall.
    Okie dokie. Well after owning an iPhone for over three years, as soon as I have to 'hug a wall' because the battery died? I'll let you know.

It's such a huge problem. However have I used this phone for so long?
    03-13-14 10:44 PM
    My Z10 has about the same battery as my wife's iPhone 5 but when my battery goes dead I can pull out my fully charged spare battery and swap it out while she is left finding an outlet!!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-13-14 11:14 PM
    My Z10 has about the same battery as my wife's iPhone 5 but when my battery goes dead I can pull out my fully charged spare battery and swap it out while she is left finding an outlet!!
    I think that's more or less the point Chen was making, and the Q10/Z30 have better battery life than most iPhones.

Though it wasn't one of his stronger quips, I will admit.
    03-13-14 11:18 PM
    I think that's more or less the point Chen was making, and the Q10/Z30 have better battery life than most iPhones.

Though it wasn't one of his stronger quips, I will admit.
    What amazes me is the look on people's face when I change my battery out!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:23 PM
    You could get her one of these:

Attachment 255011

Or maybe one of these:

Attachment 255012

03-13-14 11:25 PM
    Oh, gotcha. I'm talking about the mophie air pack. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/6ezuva4y.jpg
    That type of thing I could do. Some of the bulky battery pack additions I've seen in the past, not so much.

There's a few other considerations. I can get a Z10 battery for ten bucks. A mophie for my iPhone is like $80-$100 on Amazon. If I get a mophie, I have to get corresponding gear to deal with the added bulk. A Z10 will fit into my exisiting case or holster.

I do think this isn't a bad option, but there are benefits to having a removable battery, IMO.
    03-14-14 07:11 AM
    That's not bad (not good either) considering the limitations of the device not being able to remove the battery, but that's not nearly as elegant or optimal as the battery bundle BlackBerry offers. Being able to swap a battery out is a wonderful option, better than adding weight and bulk to the device IMO

CB10'n it via da Z
    And shut off phone first to swap the battery, thus stopping work or processes, including calls. No one has yet answered me whether this disadvantage outweighs conveniences of removable batteries/ disadvantages of portable chargers.
    03-14-14 07:40 AM
    And shut off phone first to swap the battery, thus stopping work or processes, including calls. No one has yet answered me whether this disadvantage outweighs conveniences of removable batteries/ disadvantages of portable chargers.
    No. Because in a pinch you slave in until you finish, then swap. Best of both worlds

CB10'n it via da Z
    tmf06 and Omnitech like this.
    03-14-14 12:11 PM
    I am a very heavy user and the five minutes it might take to swap out the battery for a fully charged one is well worth it for me. I have two spare batteries and the battery bundle charger so I am never with a dead phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:40 PM
    Given the choice between the mophie ans a removable battery, like the Q10 bundle, I would gladly trade the bundle any day. By a long measure.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:53 PM
    Why are people swapping batteries on the Z10 and Q10 anyway?
    All the BlackBerry battery bundles have a cable you plug in to the phone...

Excessive battery swaps will wear out the connectors faster.
    03-14-14 06:25 PM
    Why are people swapping batteries on the Z10 and Q10 anyway?
    All the BlackBerry battery bundles have a cable you plug in to the phone...

Excessive battery swaps will wear out the connectors faster.
    Really? There's two reasons. 1. You look stupid with a thingy hanging out of your phone and 2. The battery charger bundle when connected to your phone will only charge it to 60% roughly. So in order to get your 100% you need to swap the batteries. The connector on the battery charger bundle is designed to keep you going if you're on a call or doing something important. I've been swapping batteries for a year and no issues regarding battery terminals.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    Rello, ibpluto and Omnitech like this.
    03-14-14 06:40 PM
288 ... 9101112