Correcting Grammar is also a sign that I want that person to write a post that comes across and coherent and from an educated person on the other side of the keyboard.

This is the internet. People don't know you personally. They only know how you come across in the way your craft your statements and the diligence you show in crafting your posts.

One huge blob of text filled with bad punctuation, terrible sentence structure, and misspellings is barely legible for me. Not only is it difficult to read (punctuation serves a purpose, which also includes to indicate the intended flow and nuances in text), but it becomes very hard to follow once you get to the middle of it and everything is jumbled up.

I'm not trying to flame you. I have no reason to do that. I don't even know if English is or isn't your first language. I just don't understand how someone who thinks what he has to say is important would put so little effort in making it readable and coherent. If I had written that, there probably would have been 3-5 people already comment on how my "Samsung Keyboard" seems to be "working well," which is what usually happens if I misspell a word or the auto correct replaces something mid-sentence (use search it's not hard to find the thousands of instances of this happening here).
    I may add that some people make efforts to write in English because it's not their native language. I am French and I do my best to speak it properly.
    But some people don't see it that way.
    Maybe I should start threads in french or spanish and see how American apple fanboys looking for a lame excuse such as grammar excuse to figure out how to write in a foreign language.
    xBURK likes this.
    03-11-14 02:28 PM
    So to summarize the last 12 pages of crap, the only argument from iPhone users that disputes the comments from John Chen is that the battery life of the current flagship Iphone 5s is marginally better than the previous model blackberry z10 (maybe).

Can this end now?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:36 PM
    So to summarize the last 12 pages of crap, the only argument from iPhone users that disputes the comments from John Chen is that the battery life of the current flagship Iphone 5s is marginally better than the previous model blackberry z10 (maybe).

Can this end now?

Posted via CB10
    Actually not marginally at all. I can easily monitor my battery life and have the option of a extra battery to pop in.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 02:41 PM

Can this end now?

Posted via CB10
    Should be " arguably marginally better ".

And now we can end this. LOL

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Mack Gans likes this.
    03-11-14 02:48 PM
    Actually, this thread can be useful because through the subject, we have a global picture of the Crackberry community.

We have people participating in a smart way
    We have trolls taking advantage of the threads to discredit alternative OSs
    We have people trolling to flame war the whole people

The problem with trolls is that we either can deal with them the smart way, or we can discredit them playing their own game. Either way, it will flame up.

I know that this thread started up from a joke from our CEO against Apple iPhone which obviously led to some flaming, but overall, the way of participating is truly responsible from participants.

We all can participate smartly, myself included since I trolled a bit some trolls, but I defend what I love and care about.
    If people participate smartly, the answer to their participation will be as smart.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-11-14 02:54 PM
    I give Chen a pass for this only because he wasnt the CEO when I purchased devices like the 9900 and the Z10. The last BB with great battery life i had as the 8900. Z10 battery life is probably the worst of any BB ive had. I wont lie, i do see many Iphone users on a charger, but thats not hard when all you see are iphones around you. Im SURE if all you saw were Z10's that you'd see the same thing. Of the 3 people i personally know with a Z10, none go past 20+ hours like a few on this site claim.

I dont see why people dont want to compare the Z10 to the Iphone5S...their batteries are similar. I would hope a device with a 2800 mAh battery like the Z30 destroys the iPhone in battery life. It would be sad if it didnt...
    howarmat and pankaler like this.
    03-11-14 04:05 PM
    While these comments funny and interesting, eventually Chen will find that CEOs are careful about what they say for a reason. The iPhone that he is making fun of is pretty much responsible for the replacement of the last three Blackberry CEOs. Chen has been in the smartphone business for all of three months and there has no track record, yet, to back up his opinions about smartphones. I doubt that most people in the technology industry are impressed. If he wants the industry to take him seriously, he had better tone it down a bit.
    So you base his one statement out of the hundreds of speech he gave and tell him to tone it down? I doubt it even register in the radar of millions Iphone users. People chose to highlights or take it out of the context however they want to shape a story. You chose how you want to react to it. BFD! Certainly won't make me like more or hate more either brand.
    03-11-14 05:34 PM
    Chen knows this: some advertising can be had for free.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    southlander and Mack Gans like this.
    03-12-14 01:19 AM

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    Good point.
    And it succeeded because... it drew our attention... and we are at the 12th page about it.
    03-12-14 05:58 AM
    It's pretty sad for the CEO of a tech company to insult a user base some 80 times larger than his to try to gain a little traction.
    03-12-14 08:03 AM
    It's pretty sad for the CEO of a tech company to insult a user base some 80 times larger than his to try to gain a little traction.
    It wasn't an insult, it was a joke.
    Apple fanboys call our phones relics or dinosaurs and bash BlackBerry every time a new or article gets posted somewhere, such as BGR.
    So in some way, Chen didn't do anything compared to what you guys do.
    But that's typical from Apple fanboys, they have the right to insult, other brands don't.

And if you felt it as an insult, good for you, yourself felt into the trap, you participated in this thread and Chen succeeded to gain little traction
    xBURK likes this.
    03-12-14 08:19 AM
    I have a mophie pack (that I use if I'm going to be gone all day ie 6am -9pm)...battery issues solved

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    The mophie is a lifesaver while traveling, in hotel ballrooms or conferences with lousy reception, or in locations away from home where the phone constantly looks for signal. I use one occasionally, but it makes the phone a brick.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:29 AM
    I'm confused. Didn't you start this thread which is about Chen "trolling" iPhone users? Wait. . .are you trolling me right now?

FYI, the term "iphan fanboy" is sort-of redundant. It's like saying "iPhone fan fanboy", which sounds a little silly. Just saying.
    To be fair, saying iphan is ALSO incredibly silly. So there's that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    03-12-14 11:17 AM
    Actually, this thread can be useful because through the subject, we have a global picture of the Crackberry community.

The problem with trolls is that we either can deal with them the smart way, or we can discredit them playing their own game. Either way, it will flame up.

I know that this thread started up from a joke from our CEO against Apple iPhone which obviously led to some flaming, but overall, the way of participating is truly responsible from participants.

We all can participate smartly, myself included since I trolled a bit some trolls, but I defend what I love and care about.
    If people participate smartly, the answer to their participation will be as smart.
    You do realize some of the people you are calling trolls are long standing contributors to the mobile nations community right? Some of us for over 5 years?

Unless you are a mod, it's not your job to 'deal with' YOUR perception of a troll.

03-12-14 11:25 AM
    You do realize some of the people you are calling trolls are long standing contributors to the mobile nations community right? Some of us for over 5 years?

Unless you are a mod, it's not your job to 'deal with' YOUR perception of a troll.

Well, you can be a contributor, a CEO or even president of a country, if you troll, well you are a troll. I don't see a point to flame up when you call a cat, a cat.
    Unless you find another adjective to define "troll" in the internet language, I call a troll a troll.

And second, you said "some of the people you are calling...[...]" which sounded like you accuse me to give people's name away. Lol I talked about trolls in the general way. For instance, either today you or I can be a troll, and tomorrow a normal person.

And you don't have to be a mod to judge people. People judge people by definition. Your last statement proved it.
    Omnitech and Pete The Penguin like this.
    03-12-14 12:52 PM
    *facepalm* moving on...

03-12-14 12:57 PM
    The same voices that cheered Thorsten Heins are the same voices that are now cheering John Chen. It's comical. A few weeks ago, the same voices were lauding John Chen for "taking on" John Legere of T-Mobile. In the end, who "won" that fight? T-Mobile showed that almost every single one of the BB trade-ins shifted to a different OS. So John Chen, Thorsten Heins and whomever else from BBRY can scream, yell, beat their chests and act tough all they want -- it is a complete farce given:

a) their poor sales performance
    b) their poor market share performance

Until they fix a & b, they can't really sit at the grown up table.
    I know of a couple of people that traded in a practically worthless old BBOS device for $250, applied that to a phone with good resale value and then sold the new phone, paid off the balance to T-Mo and pocketed the extra cash. I'm not sure a winner was defined based on the info we received.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    03-12-14 07:59 PM
    General rule: If you visit a beach and can't wait to post on message boards, it's time to reevaluate your life.
    Ad Hominem is an extremely poor excuse for an actual argument.

Well s/he might not realize it, but I do. And he is hardly the first person to call some of those people trolls.

*facepalm* moving on...
    Hope springs eternal.
    03-12-14 11:15 PM
    The interesting thing about sentiments like that is that they are nearly 100% predictable based on a person's posting history.

If a person has a history of advocating on behalf of the product being poked-fun at, it is nearly 100% predictable that they will take offense at this, whether the point being criticized is true or not.

If a person has a history of advocating on behalf of the product used by the person making the joke, especially if that product is not popular, and especially if the point being criticized is mostly true, then it is nearly 100% predictable that they will laugh at the joke and find it appropriate.

Ergo: we learn nothing from people who make these predictable responses.

Also: noted the "mine's more popular" refrain that someone described earlier, being used once again to substitute for an actual argument for the merits of the product.
    03-12-14 11:20 PM

Firstly, the poster didn't call out any one specifically as a troll.

Secondly, the poster was indicating any one can troll.

Thirdly, the poster even admitted to trolling in the past. To admit that is worth a little kudos.

Reeneebob, you seem to think that long time members can't possibly be trolls? Really?
    Some of those members are capable of the worst cases of trolling I've ever seen on the internet (and I've seen plenty).
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-13-14 07:07 AM
    The mophie is a lifesaver while traveling, in hotel ballrooms or conferences with lousy reception, or in locations away from home where the phone constantly looks for signal. I use one occasionally, but it makes the phone a brick.

Posted via CB10
    I only use mines to charge my device (not for a case or anything). Once charged it goes back into my bag/jacket pocket.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-13-14 08:08 AM

Secondly, the poster was indicating any one can troll.

Thirdly, the poster even admitted to trolling in the past. To admit that is worth a little kudos.

Reeneebob, you seem to think that long time members can't possibly be trolls? Really?
    Some of those members are capable of the worst cases of trolling I've ever seen on the internet (and I've seen plenty).
    Firstly, it's still not his job. Secondly, I don't think he deserves kudos for admitting to trolling. Thirdly, if that is some of the worst trolling you've ever seen on the internet, you have thin skin and have never seen 4chan.
    03-13-14 08:17 AM
    Firstly, it's still not his job. Secondly, I don't think he deserves kudos for admitting to trolling. Thirdly, if that is some of the worst trolling you've ever seen on the internet, you have thin skin and have never seen 4chan.
    I'm on 4chan regularly.

I didn't say CrackBerry is the worst, but some of the worst.

Why can't someone have an opinion about trolling in general?
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-13-14 08:22 AM
    Ad Hominem is an extremely poor excuse for an actual argument.
    Describing something as an ad hominem attack when it's not is just poor.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Ad hominem" isn't simply name-calling or personal attacks; it's personal attack as a basis for rejecting an argument. So, since you're claiming I engaged in ad hominem, please tell me the argument I rejected using a personal attack.
    03-13-14 08:27 AM
    Really? Hmmm. . .

Still, you, iphan fanboy, your trolling is still off-topic...
    To me, the distinction between calling someone a troll and accusing them of trolling is a minor one. Apparently you see things differently, though I can't imagine why.
    03-13-14 08:34 AM
288 ... 89101112