"It's surely charming that Chen, whose own company hasn't been hugged by many people lately, is prepared to mock the brand to which all other gadget makers compare themselves."
    Chris says "mock", I say "compare". The Q10 and Z30 both have good and very good battery life and the Z3 is speculated to be packing a large battery as well. So far the Z10's battery life is the biggest drawback when choosing a BB, but in my uses has been similar to iPhone battery life.

I did enjoy Chris trying to redeem the iPhone by bringing up how the app selection is partially to blame for the battery life:
    "There are so many darned apps in iOS that the weak and the superficial are tempted to download them by the thousand and watch them suck the life out of their phones."

Or that because it's so easy to maneuver around the iPhone that causes more battery drain. Um, I don't understand how that would cause battery draining. I would argue that due to an unintuitive UI, the user has to spend more time navigating to complete their task.
    "Apple makes it worse by making its devices so easy to maneuver."
    As far as Chen making the statement, well, he has a point. There's quite a few devices out on the market that do have bad battery life. It's not just iPhones. I posted awhile ago about going to the more upscale mall in the area and there were chairs connected to a little table that had power outlets on them so that you could charge your device...and they were mostly all being used! Walk through an airport and you'll see phones and their users tethered to the wall or charging stations that are popping up. It's a problem, and BlackBerry seems to be addressing it by either having removable batteries or packing in a large one.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-09-14 08:36 PM
    "[Apple and the iPhone is] kind of one more entrant into an already very busy space with lots of choice for consumers � But in terms of a sort of a sea-change for BlackBerry, I would think that's overstating it."

"Again, I have said this before and I will say it again; Apple has done the industry an enormous favour because they basically told the world to expect a media player [the iPod] as a software feature on a good smartphone. As the leading smartphone appliance company and platform company, we could not buy that kind of validation for $100m."

"There may be 300,000 apps for the iPhone and iPad, but the only app you really need is the browser. You don't need an app for the web ... You don't need to go through some kind of SDK ... You can use your web tools ... And you can publish your apps to the BlackBerry without writing any native code."

But RIM/BBRY in good company:

"We've learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone. PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in."

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance. It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get."

"How do they deal with us?"
    03-09-14 09:24 PM
    Apple fans are so... so butthurt... glorious.
    03-09-14 09:29 PM
    iPhone users get more defensive then any other device users IMO.

All I know is my Z10 never runs out of juice. Battery is changeable and I have a battery bundle. Swap and go. The Q10 and Z30 have exceptional battery life period.

But hey, iPhone users can take solace in the fact they are using the "popular " device that they paid so much for. Real value for dollar

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-09-14 09:40 PM
    Sounds like the writer took it almost personally lol

Posted via CB10
    Haha yeah seems like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:46 PM
    my z10 doesnt last all day either if i use it. Its a stupid comment to make IMO since the z10 doesnt have battery that is longer than the iphones. Its a user by user basis
    Why is it stupid? Just because your Z10 doesn't last as long as an iPhone doesn't mean it's a stupid comment! My Z30 AND my Q5 happens to run circles around my 5s when it comes to battery life. Blackberry is trying to regain it's image and if they can make a point to consumers regarding long battery life then all the power to them. Like I said just because you happened to choose the worst Blackberry 10 model for battery life and all the other 3 models are superior to the iPhone doesn't make his comment stupid at all.
    03-09-14 09:58 PM
    Why is it stupid? Just because your Z10 doesn't last as long as an iPhone doesn't mean it's a stupid comment! My Z30 AND my Q5 happens to run circles around my 5s when it comes to battery life. Blackberry is trying to regain it's image and if they can make a point to consumers regarding long battery life then all the power to them. Like I said just because you happened to choose the worst Blackberry 10 model for battery life and all the other 3 models are superior to the iPhone doesn't make his comment stupid at all.
    Funny thing is even the Z3 will have better battery life than a Z10 on one charge.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:17 PM
    Well, at least we know all BlackBerry devices from here on out will have good battery life.

Admittedly though, the Z10 is probably the only BlackBerry with really bad "unBlackBerry-esque" battery life...

Posted via CB10
    Maybe BlackBerry could release a battery that last as long as the Z30s for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    rizdragon likes this.
    03-09-14 10:19 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry could release a battery that last as long as the Z30s for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    How? Any bigger and the casing need a bigger back.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:23 PM
    Dear iPhone fans,

John Chen knows how to troll iPhone users-img_20140305_065958.png

Love, z30

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:24 PM
    Dear iPhone fans,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140305_065958.png 
Views:	1094 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	253905

Love, z30

The lower ppi + amoled + massive non removable battery + software and hardware optimizations. = killer battery life?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:26 PM
    The lower ppi + amoled + massive non removable battery + software and hardware optimizations. = killer battery life?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Exactly and also, proper usage. I can easily extend my z30's battery life by switching 4G to wifi or even 3G and it easily extends past 24hours

Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-09-14 10:31 PM
    my z10 doesnt last all day either if i use it. Its a stupid comment to make IMO since the z10 doesnt have battery that is longer than the iphones. Its a user by user basis
    I think he is implying Z30 as that is the equivalent of I5. Plus his point is trying to get across professionals who need stronger batteries.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:39 PM
    - My Z10 Lasts full day as opposed to an iPhone - John Chen's comment is justified
    03-09-14 10:45 PM
    I read one of the comment on that link that his iPhone last 2-3 days... The thing can't even lasts a day (24hrs) without charging let along 2 or 3 unless you don't touch it at all or an aid of an extended battery case... One other person said something about browsing the web... Without flash, web browsing can't be that great. You can opt to click on the mobile site version which is outdated.. I remember those days with a flip phone ....
    iPhone is a good phone... I'm not sure it is a great phone..
    I tend to agree with JC, a lot of iPhone users are stuck in their own little world..
    03-09-14 10:46 PM
    - My Z10 Lasts full day as opposed to an iPhone - John Chen's comment is justified
    If he's talking z30 than yeah. I receive push notifications for everything yet my device still gets really good battery life vs the z10 (not to many apps support headless api's). The z10's battery is a joke, heck even one of blackberry's engineers admitted it.

Sent From  using Tapatalk
    03-09-14 10:56 PM
    If he's talking z30 than yeah. I receive push notifications for everything yet my device still gets really good battery life vs the z10 (not to many apps support headless api's). The z10's battery is a joke, heck even one of blackberry's engineers admitted it.

Sent From  using Tapatalk
    Still don't understand how they could have let it out of the door with such a tiny battery.. I mean, I know that it is a device that had been designed before 2013 even started, but still.
    And before anyone talks about the battery pack, it depends on where you live that you can get it. I can only get my hands on one by buying it from outside of my country and letting it ship here, which will with all costs included, cost me up to $80-$90 dollars!
    Still funny to see all that **** hurt in the article lol

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:10 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Hmm.. I don't know about that because my Q5 get equally impressive battery life and it's ppi is higher than the iphone and it does not have an amoled screen but it does have a bigger battery than the Z10 though LOL
    03-09-14 11:17 PM
    So many lols

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:20 PM
    I have a mophie pack (that I use if I'm going to be gone all day ie 6am -9pm)...battery issues solved

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    I've a Morphie for my Q10 too; got it online from Apple.
    No battery issues here.
    damien kupuku and Anilu7 like this.
    03-09-14 11:35 PM
    Well, my z10 never survive a day, even without installing many apps, only Whatsapp and CB.

Scratch that, my z10 on my busiest time won't even last 5 hours. That mean I ll need 2 extra batteries at least, if I don't want to be called "wall hugger"

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:46 PM
    Z10 battery is much worse. You have some z10 users that turn off lte in order to get decent battery life. Lmao

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    No it isn't. The Z10 is better than my 5c. Serious misinformation by the lifers who can't move on.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:50 PM
    No it isn't. The Z10 is better than my 5c. Serious misinformation by the lifers who can't move on.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about the 5c because I don't have one but I have to call a spade a spade when it comes to comparing the Z10 with the 5s (I have both) and on mine with similar usage the 5s destroys the Z10 for battery life. That being said as mentioned both my Z30 & Q5 puts the iPhone 5s to shame when it comes to battery life.
    03-10-14 12:16 AM
    How? Any bigger and the casing need a bigger back.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Chen is free of size limitations and can put a bigger battery / better antenna in Z30 or Z50. He tries to downplay iPhone as those are restrained by physical dimensions. So, unless there's a breakthrough in battery tech then Chen has a great chance to lure some enterprise users back.
    Smarty pants.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-10-14 12:17 AM
    Hmm.. I don't know about that because my Q5 get equally impressive battery life and it's ppi is higher than the iphone and it does not have an amoled screen but it does have a bigger battery than the Z10 though LOL
    Huh... these are factors that make the Z30 battery life higher. I'm not comparing anything.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 12:23 AM
288 1234 ...